The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

34 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

oh no

A random Talk Sport interview just popped up on my YouTube feed with an interview with Jack. Turns out he doesn't know what an Encyclopedia is haha. Made me cringe.

So glad he's an amazing footballer and doesn't need to use his brain for anything else. 

Mate, my blues mate is giving me so much grief it’s unreal lol.

Proper embarrassing video lol

Lol.

no.

I’d upload the video here if I could but it’s too large. 

but basically 

interviewer: ‘it’s been said you’re an encyclopaedia of football’

jack: ‘a what?’

interviewer thinking he hadn’t heard: ‘encyclopaedia’

Jack: ‘I don’t know what that means’

Edited by Thug
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Simples.

Lets get a bid in for de Bruyne and Pep and Jose can come and work under Richard Kelly! 😉

Or he means get rid of Southgate for Jose or Pep, and De Bruyne can switch countries like he did 👍🏽

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think the he list of clubs who could afford him is pretty small. City, PSG, Bayern and Real Madrid. Only one of those is a genuine risk.

United maybe could if they did no other business, but Jack isn't going to transform that team into title winners so that isn't happening.

It's City or bust for me. I can't see it, he stays imo

I think you're right about Man City or bust but, if that is the case, Jack needs to ask himself if joining them would be a good career move for his international chances when he will have the two players keeping him out of the National team - Sterling and Foden - playing ahead of him at City. 

He's not going anywhere. Not now the Villa are on their way towards the top. 

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

He's not going anywhere. Not now the Villa are on their way towards the top. 

Exactly. Why leave now and see his boyhood club challenging for the big time again without him, having gone through the relegation woes. He won't leave this summer. 

• Like 1

Southgate has his story ready. You don't change a winning team. And you don't drop the bloke who scored the winning goal in the last match. 

Jack will be on the bench tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

Exactly. Why leave now and see his boyhood club challenging for the big time again without him, having gone through the relegation woes. He won't leave this summer. 

I’d love to believe this,

But the kind of transfer targets we’ve gone for does have a hint of this being a possibility.

I’m still very optimistic that he’ll stay.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Southgate has his story ready. You don't change a winning team. And you don't drop the bloke who scored the winning goal in the last match. 

Also, he today said that it's a game for people to keep calm heads because of the rivalry. Jack can be hot-headed at times. I doubt he will even get on as a sub.

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Also, he today said that it's a game for people to keep calm heads because of the rivalry. Jack can be hot-headed at times. I doubt he will even get on as a sub.

The kid got punched in a local Derby which Is far more feisty than a England v Scotland game and kept calm and went on to score the winner!! Doesn’t say hot head to me. You’ve got him confused with Mings mate.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Maybe, if it was me though, I'd use the same tactic as last time but swap it over.

One creative wide player (Foden) and one runner (Sterling). But I'd swap it over and put Jack LW and Rashford (or Sancho) RW. Then Southgate gets to keep his 'balance' but the runner is on the side where Scotlands major creative force - LB Andy Robertson - is marauding up and down in attack, leaving gaps for Rashford to run into.

If it doesn't start that way, I think it'll end that way if we struggle to find an opening.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Absolutely guarantee he "changes a winning team" by bringing a 40% fit Harry Maguire in for Mings though..,..

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's only a few years younger than me and I remember using encyclopedias in school. I even had a digital one for Windows back before the internet was really big. Jack isn't that young.

He's two years younger than me, and if it wasn't for the fact that for some reason loads of American TV shows I've watched reference encyclopedias, I don't think I'd know what was one either, never actually seen one or knew anyone that had one.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

He's two years younger than me, and if it wasn't or the fact that for some reason loads of American TV shows I've watched reference encyclopedias, I don't think I'd know what was one either, never actually seen one or knew anyone that had one.

I just asked my 9 yr old what an encyclopaedia was.

she knew. I then told her off for not being asleep.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

He's two years younger than me, and if it wasn't for the fact that for some reason loads of American TV shows I've watched reference encyclopedias, I don't think I'd know what was one either, never actually seen one or knew anyone that had one.

Could be a North American thing. We always had to reference them for like geography and classes like that. 

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's only a few years younger than me and I remember using encyclopedias in school. I even had a digital one for Windows back before the internet was really big. Jack isn't that young.

To be that good at football you have to spend a hell of a lot of time playing football while growing up.   But you better hope you make it! 

That’s the nicest way I can put it :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Thug said:

I just asked my 9 yr old what an encyclopaedia was.

she knew. I then told her off for not being asleep.

Well look at you, with your daughter's fancy edumaction! :P

But seriously, I think it's fairly easy to miss what an encyclopedia is these days, not exactly like they're ubiquitous. I bet if you told Jack it was "Wikipedia, but a book" he'd get it.

• Haha 1

I've just watched the video and he didn't say he didn't know what an encyclopedia is, he said he didn't what was meant by him being called an encyclopedia of football.

• Like 3

Â