The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Watching the ITV coverage last night was interesting. You can see that Roy Keane is a huge fan of Grealish, and actually seems to understand the way he plays and the value he brings to the team.

Ian Wright is clueless, saying that you can’t play Foden and Grealish in the same team, and that you need players like Sterling and Rashford in there. I bet any manager in the world would love to have the challenge of getting Foden and Grealish in the same team, but I’m sure they would manage it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, colhint said:

Even after an ok game, you can still see Jacks the Daddy. wouldn't surprise me if Foden Mount and  Sancho wore Grealish pyjamas

Southgate wears Mount Pyjamas 

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

That game might help fans of other clubs see just how much he gets kicked 

I was watching it with two Baggies fans.

The pre-game discussion was the usual....they think he's a good player but lets himself down with the diving.....

10 minutes in it was funny to see them react to some of the fouls he was getting because naturally you react when a player on the team you support is kicked.

But of course......according to them Jack doesn't get kicked he just goes down too easily.

Talk about confused, it was hilarious!

44 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Watching the ITV coverage last night was interesting. You can see that Roy Keane is a huge fan of Grealish, and actually seems to understand the way he plays and the value he brings to the team.

Ian Wright is clueless, saying that you can’t play Foden and Grealish in the same team, and that you need players like Sterling and Rashford in there. I bet any manager in the world would love to have the challenge of getting Foden and Grealish in the same team, but I’m sure they would manage it.

Lampard and Gerrard come to mind. A few managers failed to solve that conundrum. 

The rumours of Jack to City or wherever will get to ridiculous levels after he is the star at the Euros. There is no way we will sell Jack this summer as it will make no financial sense to either City nor Us. With 4 years remaining on his contract and when we're establishing ourselves in the Prem with a push for Europe next season. As a club we need to increase our income via worldwide fans and marketing income. With a once in a generation England player with a Euros and World Cup in the next 18 months. Will Jacks value be much different in 2 years time as opposed to now? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The rumours of Jack to City or wherever will get to ridiculous levels after he is the star at the Euros. There is no way we will sell Jack this summer as it will make no financial sense to either City nor Us. With 4 years remaining on his contract and when we're establishing ourselves in the Prem with a push for Europe next season. As a club we need to increase our income via worldwide fans and marketing income. With a once in a generation England player with a Euros and World Cup in the next 18 months. Will Jacks value be much different in 2 years time as opposed to now? 

It looks like Grealish will play in the Euros at like 60% fitness, and still be one of the better players on the England team. 

Just hope Southgate lets him play! 

Looks like Grealish will be carrying this type of stress injury for years to come but he has to manage it.

it is a worry and I think that we won’t be seeing him at the start of the season which is why we are pushing for creative players in the market.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

And Keane doesn't like many humans, so if he likes you, you are doing something right. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Lampard and Gerrard come to mind. A few managers failed to solve that conundrum. 

This is definitely an example of the problem that Ian Wright was trying to talk about last night. But Grealish can play as an ACM and Foden can play on the left or right. I think it would be easier to get Foden, Grealish and Mount in the same team than Lampard and Gerrard.

Given the quality of those 3 I’d rather Southgate tried something different instead of going back to the players that played well, but ultimately failed, in 2018. Especially as those players are out of form.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Looks like Grealish will be carrying this type of stress injury for years to come but he has to manage it.

it is a worry and I think that we won’t be seeing him at the start of the season which is why we are pushing for creative players in the market.

Nah we needed creative players anyway.

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Lampard and Gerrard wasn't the problem.

Playing no holding midfielders behind them to complete the puzzle when you had unbelievable deep lying playmakers like Carrick and Scholes at disposal was the true tragedy for England.

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Account approved on Bluemoon - the leading Manchester City forum

remake highquality GIF

I've just had a scan through their Jack thread, very amusing lol

Many rate him, some are fixated on his hair and shinpads, others think he's overrated and have written him off based on last nights game and "constantly giving the ball away". It's quite hilarious how confused they all are! 

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Did any managers solve that conundrum?

I never saw them play well together unfortunately.

But then it was before the time where 3 in midfield was prolific in most club sides.

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

You gonna tell them they only need 12 players? 

I could go on Liverpool forum and say you've basically used same 13 players barring injuries the last 3 seasons and won the league and I'd be correct

Playing devils advocate now but if one of the Manchester clubs came in for grealish (and assuming there's no contractual clase) how much do you think the owners would actually demand?

I'd like to think we would laugh at 100m but its easy to say when the money isn't mine.

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Playing devils advocate now but if one of the Manchester clubs came in for grealish (and assuming there's no contractual clase) how much do you think the owners would actually demand?

I'd like to think we would laugh at 100m but its easy to say when the money isn't mine.

Assuming they're doing this after the euros,  there is no way they'd accept anything.  His value playing for us will massively outweigh any cash they can offer us, and I don't think they could afford much more than 100m anyway. We couldn't use that money to buy a replacement that is as good, and it sets our stall out as one of the also rans.

I think there will be a clause, its normal for any player, but I think it is going to be considerably higher than what someone is likely to be able to offer for him, and Jack isn't kicking up a fuss to move this season (or probably any season I'd have thought). All moot points really.  Jack's playing for us next season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

From the outside looking in (aka not being English) I find this narrative absolutely baffling. There seems to be this idea that Grealish and Foden are simply incapable of being direct or getting beyond the striker if he's to drop short. We've seen several Grealish goals this season alone come from him getting in behind the defence and capatalising on through balls from McGinn, even Saka's goal last night came courtesy of Grealish making a run into the box, and himself and Foden are two of the most direct players in the league in terms of progressive carries, carries into the box, etc.  It's bemusing to see, they are both incredible talents and if anything would compliment each other as much as anything else.

Â