The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Don't be daft; humans haven't been to the moon.

bit cheesy that.

.....we need a game.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

I think Jack being out is a blessing in disguise. It really puts the onus on our squad to show that we aren't a one-man team, and that little flurry against Fulham was the first sign that that's actually true. Hopefully it can be the start of a string of good performances.

Main thing is that we're looking after him and not rushing him back. We want him to have a long career and not be wrecked by the time he's 28.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I think Jack being out is a blessing in disguise. It really puts the onus on our squad to show that we aren't a one-man team, and that little flurry against Fulham was the first sign that that's actually true. Hopefully it can be the start of a string of good performances.

Main thing is that we're looking after him and not rushing him back. We want him to have a long career and not be wrecked by the time he's 28.

There is nothing positive about Jack being out. I appreciate optimism but let's not stray into bullshit territory trying to find the silver lining in this; there is none.

Our best homegrown player in a generation has missed 8 games already and stands to miss at least 3 more. It's devastated our hopes of Europe this year and all we've proven while he's been injured is that we're at Fulham's level without him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, est1874 said:

There is nothing positive about Jack being out. I appreciate optimism but let's not stray into bullshit territory trying to find the silver lining in this; there is none.

Our best homegrown player in a generation has missed 8 games already and stands to miss at least 3 more. It's devastated our hopes of Europe this year and all we've proven while he's been injured is that we're at Fulham's level without him.

To be honest, if Jack being out means we miss out on Europe, I can live with that. Playing midweek European games would have been beyond us as a club right now. We need much further depth to our squad before we go down that road. 

• Like 1

If he's out until May as reports suggest, I don't see him going to the Euros sadly. He will have to come back and play out of his skin I would have thought, even though he clearly should be going.

Like Maddison he's got injured at the wrong time of the season. Mount, Foden and now bloomin Jesse Lingard (who's done nothing but sit on his arse for 18 months before he joined Spam) have probably edged ahead of him and all three have always been pretty reliable when it comes to injuries unlike Jack.

I'm pretty exasperated that a shin injury keeps someone out this long. Having had shin splints before and recovered pretty quickly, I was always under the impression that they were a minor injury and not capable of keeping someone out for three months FFS. 

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

i admire the optimism but in the 8 games he's been out we've had a 15 min spell against one of the league's worst sides where we've looked half decent and that's it. the squad had 7 games and 75 minutes prior to that to prove we're not a 1 man team and they proved that we in fact 100% are. we needed someone to step up in jack's absence and the only player to actually do that was keinan **** davis!

• Like 1

Â