The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

Can't see City going in for him, think they'd be going all out for Haaland. Different positions, but a heck of a lot of money spent for one player so can't see them going for Jack also. 

Haaland not a Guardiola player at all. Can't see that one happening. 

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Haaland is a hard working beast and scores goals for fun, and is young enough to be molded into a " Guardiola type " player. ( But would they want to do that when he can actually add a dimension they don't have? ) I'd argue he is the type which is between them and regional domination.

Mbappe would probably suit them more though.

However the underlying message is that they need a striker MUCH more than they need a Jack Grealish.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

For Jack to leave he's going to have to go to the club and say I want to go.

I think we'd turn down a bid of £100m up front if he's happy staying.

This. 

It's the only way he leaves. And I'm not sure he will do that.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

at risk of going off topic, i've never seen haaland play so i'm curious to know what sort of striker is a guardiola player and why haaland isn't? he knows where the back of the net is and that's what city need right?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Haaland is a hard working beast and scores goals for fun, and is young enough to be molded into a " Guardiola type " player. ( But would they want to do that when he can actually add a dimension they don't have? ) I'd argue he is the type which is between them and regional domination.

Mbappe would probably suit them more though.

However the underlying message is that they need a striker MUCH more than they need a Jack Grealish.

They don't need a striker. They need a skillful technichal player who scores lots of goals to play upfront. Whether that would be jack or someone like depay that remains to be seen. But they are playing the way Spain was during their World Cup and euro runs with no strikers and just being utterly dominant with fabregas upfront. 

Top blokes, both of them!!

Every time I see an interview from an England player, they are saying what a top bloke Jack is and he interviews really well.

McGinn seems really likeable.  Watkins seems really switched on and such a nice bloke.

I think we are building a squad of likeable characters which can only be good for team spirit/morale.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

at risk of going off topic, i've never seen haaland play so i'm curious to know what sort of striker is a guardiola player and why haaland isn't? he knows where the back of the net is and that's what city need right?

He is pretty much a Nistelrooy/Vardy type of striker from what i've seen.

Guardiola want more technical type strikers that will drop deep and join the link up play rather than a poacher striker that mainly wants to run in behind and be the so called "box" striker.

Really can't see Man City even being in for him. Pep prefers Gabriel Jesus over Aguero despite being a worse goal scorer. Haaland is also looking very clumsy on the ball at times, looking like he is playing on ice. I would be absolutely amazed if Man City were in for him.

Jack would be a much better fit. But i recon Jack is well worth 80M+ and i highly doubt clubs will be willing to spend that during Covid.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, 7392craig said:

It says Grealish and McGinn were in that video, I never noticed.

I hear you brother, As the age old saying goes you don’t get many of them to the pound

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I hear you brother, As the age old saying goes you don’t get many of them to the pound

My old man has always told me “any more than a handful is a waste”. After watching that video I don’t know what to say.

https://manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/manchester-city-attentions-jack-grealish-player-reach/

REPORT: MAN CITY TURN ATTENTIONS AWAY FROM £100M MAN, PLAYER ‘OUT OF REACH’ THIS SUMMER

City aren’t short of players in his position either, with Raheem Sterling, Riyad Mahrez, Ferran Torres, Phil Foden and Bernardo Silva, so not signing Grealish isn’t the end of the world.

In short, they've got no clue.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â