The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

42 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah, I’d prefer combo of fines and community work.  They hate being fined but they already have stacks of money, I’d like them to learn from it doing community free work preferable around this topic.  More likely to learn a lesson if he had to meet and help victims or their families that have suffered by driving offenders.

Yeah I agree. That’s what usually seems to happen in these cases. Heavy fines with community service work. I would think they would give him court-ordered rehab as well. Or was the drink-driving part dropped?

Edited by Aston_Villan4

4 hours ago, QldVilla said:

The question would be then what message is the club sending to its supporters when in a week were it was highlighted that the club had the largest reported instances of hate crimes by its supporters and wants to stamp it out, but no consequence for its best player when he puts his life and others at risk while driving under the influence?

Its easy to make statements, it’s another to show leadership and make tough decisions.

I think the vast majority of fans don’t care, in fact I’ll wager some don’t even know about it at all.

Its really not that big a deal, nobody got hurt and yeah yeah, but somebody could have got hurt (won’t someone think of the children), but they didn’t and it’s not that big a deal.

• Confused 1

On 24/11/2020 at 21:21, villanmac said:

Its an age old tactic for coppers to target footballers on their way to and from training grounds. I remember years ago talking to a copper who told me how they did it for years at United. He reckoned they had half the first team squad on at least 6 points and Fergie was fuming with em always ending up in court but then they clocked him too🤣

Yes, hitting parked cars during lockdown, fleeing the scene, and not reporting the accident are all ploys by police to catch out innocent footballers....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think the vast majority of fans don’t care, in fact I’ll wager some don’t even know about it at all.

Its really not that big a deal, nobody got hurt and yeah yeah, but somebody could have got hurt (won’t someone think of the children), but they didn’t and it’s not that big a deal.

I don’t agree it’s not a big deal. It kind of is and he should be punished the same way anybody else would be. 

But I don’t think anything should be done to affect his performances for Villa and that includes taking his captaincy away. No point punishing the club and fans as well! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t agree it’s not a big deal. It kind of is and he should be punished the same way anybody else would be. 

But I don’t think anything should be done to affect his performances for Villa and that includes taking his captaincy away. No point punishing the club and fans as well! 

A million people have died from a virus this year, businesses are closing at a record rate and it takes Marcus rashford to ensure that kids don’t go hungry.

We’re about to exit the EU seemingly with no real plan in place.

Jack Grealish receiving a driving offence or two doesn’t even begin to stack up, to say it’s tomorrows chip paper wrapping doesn’t even come close to how insignificant it is in the wide scheme of things.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

A million people have died from a virus this year, businesses are closing at a record rate and it takes Marcus rashford to ensure that kids don’t go hungry.

We’re about to exit the EU seemingly with no real plan in place.

Jack Grealish receiving a driving offence or two doesn’t even begin to stack up, to say it’s tomorrows chip paper wrapping doesn’t even come close to how insignificant it is in the wide scheme of things.

Yeh in terms of news worthiness I agree it’s not a big deal at all. 

I meant more in terms of the offences themselves. 

I misunderstood your post mate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah, I’d prefer combo of fines and community work.  They hate being fined but they already have stacks of money, I’d like them to learn from it doing community free work preferable around this topic.  More likely to learn a lesson if he had to meet and help victims or their families that have suffered by driving offenders.

I think the club already fined him when it happened, not sure they are allowed fine him again

• Thanks 1

On 25/11/2020 at 20:08, Follyfoot said:

I’ve heard this many times but find it quite amazing that if this is the case the majority of them never find the way to St Andrews unless we are playing

true.

you only find out about most blue noses when you tell them you're villa fan.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Some say they’re a big club but nobody believes that either. 

My uncle and 3 cousins on my Mom’s side were/are all noses. When I was a little lad and was “chosen”, all I heard from them was what a big club Blues were. We were in the third division and I knew no better than to believe them.

They even took me and my Dad to the temple of doom. Then one day, well it was a night game  actually, vs Wrexham, Dad took me to Villa Park and I was smitten. I think I was 8 and we sat up stairs in the wonderful old Trinity Road. The old place wrapped it’s arms around me and said, “welcome home son”.

My first sight of the pitch, the noise, the smell and of course the magnitude of the mighty Holte End I viewed in awe from afar. The start of a journey so many of us have been on, a love that no matter how heart breaking it can be, never dies. 

Meanwhile across the city, I watched the “big club” drag itself along. While we rose to the very highest of heights they lived in a world where ten thousand is more than fifty thousand  and winning the European Cup isn’t a big deal compared to the Fairs Cup. 

In their glory years they entered three competitions every season. Beat The Villa at home, beat The Villa away and stay up. They don’t even qualify for the first two now. 

Big club 😂

Dave, My Dad was from Dublin, when he arrived in the City, He lived in Aston initially.....He took me to the Villa and Blues alternately, but we lived in Small Heath by then......someone asked why I chose Villa.

I said when the players came out only one team made the hairs stand up on my neck....and it wasn't Blues.

been a fan since 1960.

BACK ON TOPIC.....been a fan of Jacks since the first time I saw him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah, even if he got like a £20k fine it would be like getting off Scott Free.  Go help clean up a River of pollution or something. I can't think who it was now but somebody hugely world famous had to do some community service like that a couple of years ago. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If you were walking down the street with your wife and Kids.  If I was on the roof of a building over the road with a high powered assault rifle and took a couple of pot shot at you and your kids, but missed.  Would that be OK? Nobody got hurt. 

I already know you're going to say no it's not OK but that's completely different, but it really isn't, it's just a few degree's of being exactly the same thing. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah I agree. That’s what usually seems to happen in these cases. Heavy fines with community service work. I would think they would give him court-ordered rehab as well. Or was the drink-driving part dropped?

Drink driving was never charged. There is no evidence he was drunk so they've not even tried to charge him with it. By the time he turned up it was too long after the incident for any alcohol to be detected and trying to prove it from circumstance and bystanders is going nowhere in court. 

I am convinced he was, which makes me very disappointed, but i do not expect the club or anyone else to do anything related to it if there is no real proof. Circumstantial doesn't cut it in the real world, and it shouldn't, but is enough for me personally to come to my own conclusion.

Club and/or police should latch on to the speeding that has been proven, and target rehab for that, by community service type learnings. It will be the only thing that has any effect as he can afford any fine they throw at him, and negate any driving ban via other means of luxurious travel.

Stick to football Jack, you don't need to be a flawed genius to be good at it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

If you were walking down the street with your wife and Kids.  If I was on the roof of a building over the road with a high powered assault rifle and took a couple of pot shot at you and your kids, but missed.  Would that be OK? Nobody got hurt. 

I already know you're going to say no it's not OK but that's completely different, but it really isn't, it's just a few degree's of being exactly the same thing. 

Wow, okay.

I think they’re two really different things with many degrees of separation.

20 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I think you're conflating two completely unrelated issues there.

I think Grealish should be fined and banned from driving for several years but ideally the club will spin it into a positive rather than removing the armband. Either by having a drink driving awareness campaign that Grealish is involved in, or some kind of charity initiative for the victims of drink driving.

It’s an easy argument to say they aren’t related, yet if the club wants to be leaders in the community, you can’t pick and choose what is and isn’t important, as it confuses the message your trying to send.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s that type of minimisation of issues that deflect the importance. Ask families and friends who have lost family members to drunk drivers and ask whether they believe it’s important?  Maybe try putting yourself in the shoes of those who have lost family members to drunk drivers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I find it hard to take seriously anyone who bitches about the private life of a footballer they've never met.

I think the conversation has moved on from Jack specifically to the perils/seriousness of drink and dangerous driving. 

• Like 1

Â