The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, tinker said:

Villatalk , we're surrounded by saints on here. What a shit time to be a young football star, bet the lovable rogue George Best is turning in his grave reading the reports on wild Jack's fast living.....

To be fair, why use shite examples of people who totally destroyed their lives and health to excuse certain behaviour? If he got caught in a coke binge would we reference Rick James or Bobby Brown, or Amy Whiteouse as examples of why its ok?

Im certainly no Saint myself, but these lads live charmed lives, are made ridiculously rich and famous, in exchange (Especially as Captain ) they are expected to uphold a certain standard and imae, bit for themselves, their employers and the kids wo look up to them.

They literally just have to sacrifice 10 - 15 years of their lives playing the game they love, and then they can ride off into the sunset and snort Ketamine from Katie Prices anus to hearts content  if they want for all I care.

Im pretty sure with ANY job you are expected to old certain standards, x 100 for such a high profile job and employer.

I feel a part of the problem is that some of you catapult him to a position were he is almost beyond criticism, and it just may be partially responsible for his attitude to certain things ( Even on the pitch ). If it were Matt Targett or El Ghazi for example, te attitude would probably be different.

On another note I think some people might just genuinely be worried that he might have some self destructive tendencies which might not bode well for the future.

Im certainly not losin sleep over it, but some people are right to be concerned. 

Ive just had a mate get out of prison after 10 years, had a great career, extremely intelligent and on is way to the top, booze and drugs ruined that, and no one saw it coming. Ive also had similar experiences in the past, so yeah, its a slippery slope.

Havin said that, it could also equally be Mountain out of a molehill type stuff and Much Ado about nothing.

It winds me up enough to have to read positive articles about him then see comments from neutrals/haters like " Drink driving scum" etc under alot of them.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

6 points already, pleading guilty to two further offences... surely makes it 12 points and a ban. Assume he can afford a chauffeur but he'll need to stop doing these actions if he wants to be a role model poster boy that can make millions on top of his base salary through sponsorship. Can't belive someone so dedicated to their profession can be so amateurish in other aspects of their every day life.

Nice Christmas bonus for the council though, driving fines are based on your salary these days aren't they?

He may not get points. 
A top class solicitor (which I’m sure Jack will be using). Will give mitigating circumstances why points (which can lead to a license disqualification) are not the best option. They can normally negotiate a short ban (not dq, which is a huge difference) and hefty fine.

I am confused about this charge today as the Guardian are reporting he is in court for the lockdown incident. Is this news only out because of this court case

Interesting that a member of the public said he was intoxicated at that time and sentencing is next month

Edited by Zatman

Its an age old tactic for coppers to target footballers on their way to and from training grounds. I remember years ago talking to a copper who told me how they did it for years at United. He reckoned they had half the first team squad on at least 6 points and Fergie was fuming with em always ending up in court but then they clocked him too🤣

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am confused about this charge today as the Guardian are reporting he is in court for the lockdown incident. Is this news only out because of this court case

Interesting that a member of the public said he was intoxicated at that time and sentencing is next month

I've read it that he is being sentenced for the motoring offences. Two other cases were dropped after no evidence.

• Like 1

As an aside it REALLY pisses me off that being caught breaking the speed limit is labeled like it's some kind of Tax or dirty trick. 

Don't speed and you won't get caught.  It's your own actions that's got you fined or points, nothing else. 

12 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Spill the beans so, which famous footballer are you?😉

I used to be a footballer (before lockdown) and I was famous for missing about 23 chances in one game in the local circles. But it was about the 56th tier level of English football.😅

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

With all due respect it says allegedly. And secondly I got pulled for driving without due care and attention because I was doing 31 in a 30 and took avoiding action from a pothole. Case got thrown out thanks to my dashcam . The copper was a douche. 

Expensive car rich footballer copper with nothing better to do hard to disprove unless you have a dashcam.

Apparently he has admitted to two of the charges therefore I retract what I said. However I stand by not castrating anyone until they either own up or the evidence unavoidably proves guilt. If true on the 98mph tailgating he should be ashamed of himself. There's racetracks for speed.

Edited by Sulberto21

Jack behaved very very poorly if indeed he was drunk at the wheel. As I understand it there is no evidence so he's extremely lucky. Hopefully get banned for 12 months and in the meantime learn the hard lesson and never repeat the mistake! I'm sure he realises this could harm his ambitions. Not a good week for the club what with the racism report too. As fans we're gonna get a load of stick but nothing changes there I suppose! 🤦‍♂️

Edited by birdman

He's 25, if he's still doing silly things now he's never going to grow up. 

It doesn't particularly bother me because I think we all know full well if he drops a fantastic performance on Monday night everything is all forgotten again. I've basically accepted the fact he's going to get his fair share of more bad press because it just seems to follow Jack around. 

Coventry fan mates giving it the biggun about this today and Grealish driving. I just responded with two words and kept them quiet.

Lee Hughes. 

and an equal footing is Hugo Lloris and a few others. Plenty of other examples of stuff like this going on. 

it still isn’t acceptable but it’s more fans thinking they’re in glass houses 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

BBC says he was tailgating other cars and got caught at 98mph.  I doubt it is a one off, he needs to be reminded of Jose Antonio Reyes.

Hmmm.....not good.

a ban might be a god send.

Edited by TRO

This is inexcusable. I hope this is a wake up call for him.

His car was clocked by an unmarked police patrol doing up to 98mph on a stretch of the motorway, with an average speed of 90mph. As Grealish left the M42 heading towards the A446, he then crossed road hatching markings on a roundabout “cutting up another vehicle in the process”.

Thos speeds were:

During the 18 October offence, Grealish was seen driving at “close to an intimidating distance” behind other drivers on the M42, between junctions 6 and 7, at about 2.40pm, in a bid “to get them to move out of the way”.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Thos speeds were:

That is dick head behaviour of the highest order however you look at it. 

You see that kind of aggressive tailgating all the time and it's so dangerous, it leaves zero room for any emergency stop. 

And I use that M42 Junction a lot.   It's a very confusing and complicated stretch of motorway and people are always suddenly moving lanes, there is the junction, the continuation of the motorway and the toll road all going on in a short stretch. 

You bomb through there at 98mph when some confused motorist suddenly moves lanes and someone of going to die. 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

His car was clocked by an unmarked police patrol doing up to 98mph on a stretch of the motorway, with an average speed of 90mph. As Grealish left the M42 heading towards the A446, he then crossed road hatching markings on a roundabout “cutting up another vehicle in the process”.

Thos speeds were:

During the 18 October offence, Grealish was seen driving at “close to an intimidating distance” behind other drivers on the M42, between junctions 6 and 7, at about 2.40pm, in a bid “to get them to move out of the way”.

Sounds like a normal trip down the Autobahn here in Germany, only there are people here who do that kind of thing at speeds of 150mph instead. I guess there are just tosspots everywhere.

Â