The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

No point, Jack would probably have spent more energy if he had stayed with us and trained than he did in that match.

Looked quite tired when he went off. I'm concerned about any fatigue injury and whether it would be wise to rest him for a bit. Only time will tell I suppose! 

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah Jack will always start if fit. Small chance Mcginn or Luiz might be rested though. 

Without wanting to throw too much mud at Smith all 3 will play 90 mins no matter how **** knackered they look 

We could win the game 5-0 and mcginn be blowing out of his ass after 30 mins and he'll still play the full 90

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought Mount played quite well. 

He did

These games have shown that comparing Jack and Mount is like the deluded wolves fans trying to compare him with neves or now the clueless utd fans trying to compare him with pogba - they're very different players who can play well together in the same team 

• Like 1

Against teams that park the bus Grealish Mount and Foden is the way forward. There's no need for Sterling, Rashford or Sancho in those games. 

Gutted he didn't get a goal but he is cementing his place in the team. These games are the warm ups for the Euros so they were vital for him to impress. 

More proof that Greasy (sic) is overrated. To only manage 3 MOTM performances out of 4 England games is shocking. 

And to not manage to stay perfectly upright for the whole game, whist being kicked all over the park shows that he does nothing but dive.

No end product whatsoever. Ok, he gets loads of assists, scores goals, creates chances, wins free kicks and holds the ball up, but he does sod all else. He can't even play right back.

A poor man's Jose Dominguez.

Championship player at best. 

(Hope he's fit for Saturday) ;)

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

kind of got distracted about 15 minutes into the game and didn't pay any attention whatsoever when it was obvious that it was an exhibition.

How did Jack play out of 10?

I would say a 7 for Jack. Pulled the strings mostly and was the main driving force in first half. Second half I don't think he saw as much of the ball. 

He's just been awarded MOTM actually which is surprising as thought Foden would pip it with his goals! 

8 minutes ago, birdman said:

I would say a 7 for Jack. Pulled the strings mostly and was the main driving force in first half. Second half I don't think he saw as much of the ball. 

He's just been awarded MOTM actually which is surprising as thought Foden would pip it with his goals! 

Where did you see that? Says Foden on sky sports. 

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Not Hoddle, imo.  I think Barry was more like Hoddle.  I was just thinking the other day that Waddle, Beardsley and Barnes are players more like Jack.  The big difference between these great players and Jack, is that Jack can't score freekicks.  Someone needs to have a word in his ear about that and get him practicing.

I think sid cowans was more like hoddle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Jack was nothing like Hoddle. Two players from the past who remind me of Jack, are Chris Waddle and Steve Mcmanaman. 

Yes! Very good comparison, I agree, both great and brilliant, unpredictable dribblers (maybe they themselves didn't always know what they were going to do next either, which can be a weapon! Crazier legs than Crazy Legs Crane). I used to love watching them play for England too, exciting players.

• Like 1

3 Man of the Match awards in 4 games. 

Good decision to hold him off Southgate you clown. 

I think this is excellent for us. The biggest worry in my mind was that he'd play limited minutes and be forced into a situation where he would feel he has to move to play for England. Now he's an absolute lock for squads and probably gametime moving forward regardless of who is fit. 

Our Jack 😍

Â