The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

for overseas players i reckon it's mainly shirt sales. i reckon we have shipped a few off to egypt in recent years.

for english players, probably just sponsorship...but do we as a club get a slice if jack signs a big deal with Pepsi or something?

It depends.   Some contracts include image rights and some don't. 

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

Grealish keeps getting better and better and the England appearances will let the world know what we already do.

One thing that baffles me, for a player that is undoubtedly world class, why is he so average at set pieces? Not that it matters, it just doesn't make sense.

Paul Scholes couldn't tackle properly for the best part of 20 years but that didn't stop him having a stellar career.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There is one thing I'd like Grealish to do more of, and that's cut in and bend it in to the top corner. Like Robben used to.

F*** it, he's perfect as he is. 

He tried that last night but it went over the bar. He has the ability to do it though, just needs to practice that element of his game because he creates so much space for himself to shoot. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

He tried that last night but it went over the bar. He has the ability to do it though, just needs to practice that element of his game because he creates so much space for himself to shoot. 

Exactly. He needs to try to do it a couple of times a game. One will go in!

• Like 1

Salty comment from a Wolves-supporting mate (I simply pointed out the league table): 

He's transitioned the 'best player in a failing side' role from a club to a national level with ease. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Paul Scholes couldn't tackle properly for the best part of 20 years but that didn't stop him having a stellar career.

ha ha, it got him a few yellow and red cards though. That is also like saying 'grealish isn't good at saving goals but that doesn't made him a bad player'.

As an attacking forward you would expect set pieces to be something he was half decent at. Doesn't stop him from having a stellar career though you are right, he is still world class as I said, just odd that he doesn't have that in his bag of tricks.

Then again only Connor seems to be able to take good set pieces in our entire squad which is a big fail.

42 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

It’s worth going back for a look at the first few pages of this thread. Makes the whole situation seem nuts now.

I think I'm going to read this thread around 2016-17, where it looked like he was floundering and might not fulfill his potential.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2014 at 20:39, kevangrealish said:

Yeah so the time has come for me to hang up my VT boots. After extending my loan from after the man city game it is now time.

Firstly would like to say thanks to everyone so far thats given Jack support on VT.

Secondly is that I just beg people give Jack time. It took a while for him to get into the swing of things from u18,u21 and even being at notts it took him a while. The first team will be the same. People are right, including PL about putting too much pressure on young talented players as it can of course make or break them sometimes.

And just finally I think Jacks doing brilliant so far. Finally im starting to believe he can go very far and become a talented professional within the game. He looks like one of the most natural footballers in the whole squad at such a young age IMO.

Its like whenever someone tells me how good Jack is I just shrug it off and say hes got to keep doing it. Us as a family have never been hyping him up ourselves as we are the closest people around him.

I hope he can let the football do the talking from now on and get on with the job in hand. Because he is villa through and through and you can tell the way he admires the fans that they are most important to him.

He's living the dream and he needs to keep his head screwed on. If he does that I'm confident he will go far. No matter what villa's in his heart.

Big shoutout to Limpid and the rest of the team for making such a great forum.

I hope to see many of you down the games in the near future and you can all buy me a pint or two for giving you exclusive info the past few years ;D.

Peace out & UTV.

There are some fascinating posts throughout the years. This thread is going to be a goldmine for internet archaeologists in 10 years when he's captained us to consecutive European titles

I've banished all this from my memory, but there was a point in our relegation season that he went out on the lash and got shitface drunk right after we got pumped 4-0 by Everton and was banished to the U21 team. Man, he's come a long way.

On 12/07/2010 at 00:47, villabromsgrove said:

I wish young Jack all the best, because the way forward for Villa is by developing more of our own young talent imo.

Being a star now is only the beginning, it's what happens in the next six years that will make or break JG.

A little story. I run a six a side team that has eight very good players including three of my sons. My 25 yr old son has challenged my 21 yr old son to an eleven a side match on august 7th as a pre season warm up and I had to chuckle when I saw the team sheets last night.

MY 25 yr old has 2 ex west brom players, 1 ex wolves, and 1 cheltenham town player, and he's thinking of adding Phil Green an ex Villa player to his list. Now anyone who watched Villa reserves in 2006/7 will know that Phil was a useful player, but never made that step up. Guess which team is favourite to win in my opinion.

It's not my 25 yr old's teams of ex's, it's my 21 yr old's team of extremely talented university students who have loads of talent but also the common sense to know that only a tiny percentage of young players ever make money playing football.

Jack sound's like he might be one of those that make it, but I will be watching a lot of cracking footballers on August 7th who all have very similar talents, playing for the sheer competitive fun of it.

If you're reading this Jack make sure you never give anyone the chance to call you an ex Villa hopeful, that will take 100% dedication. All the best for the future, I look forward to seeing you in the first team one day.

I think you are safe in the knowledge that he has heeded your advice.

8 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Just went back randomly to page 500 and found a quote from myself criticising someone for saying he is a poor man's Barry bannan. A poor man's Barry bannan!! 😂😂😂😂 

Going back can be quite fun!

It gets particularly rough for Jack after page 400. He's done well to turn that around so spectacularly.

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Kane is a very good player. With Rashford, Sterling and Grealish in behind him, we have the best forward line in Europe (barring France perhaps). 

Rashford is very overrated though, and Sterling is slightly as well.

Â