The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf it was much more of a 4-3-3 with Jack as cam and saka as LW. Mings was in their box several times from open play. 

Agree, how we used saka tonight was a significant improvement on previous games, that's how the LWB should play, thought saka linked up well with Jack and Mings 

He seems to be a bit dulled down for England. Like he's going against his natural instincts to do exactly what he's told so Southgate can't say he's tactically poor.

Loads of those runs where he was trying to find someone else and held onto the ball for too long wouldn't happen for Villa because he'd have the freedom to make his own choice to try something risky or work a shot.

Also, being in the box for corners is stupid. Have him on the edge of the area like we do. He's most effective like that.

The 3-4-3 really didn't help tonight and the midfield 2 of Mount and Winks were pretty poor, Winks especially. 

• Like 3

Just now, villa4europe said:

Agree, how we used saka tonight was a significant improvement on previous games, that's how the LWB should play, thought saka linked up well with Jack and Mings 

Saka is a very good player. Against Wales he was a bit of a donkey but he clearly likes getting the freedom to attack the space that Jack's drifting provides. 

• Like 1

Just now, darrenm said:

He seems to be a bit dulled down for England. Like he's going against his natural instincts to do exactly what he's told so Southgate can't say he's tactically poor.

Loads of those runs where he was trying to find someone else and held onto the ball for too long wouldn't happen for Villa because he'd have the freedom to make his own choice to try something risky or work a shot.

Also, being in the box for corners is stupid. Have him on the edge of the area like we do. He's most effective like that.

The 3-4-3 really didn't help tonight and the midfield 2 of Mount and Winks were pretty poor, Winks especially. 

Mount was actually pretty good. Winks was terrible though despite his assist. I think it just shows that Grealish can play with any other English midfielder as long as there is someone holding like Henderson or rice. 

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf it was much more of a 4-3-3 with Jack as cam and saka as LW. Mings was in their box several times from open play. 

4-3-3 is the way forward.

With 5-2-3 you're gonna have to bench 2 out of Rashford, Sterling, Sancho, Grealish.

If you play with a 3 man midfield, Jack and Mount can play the 8 role, Mount being the more defensive of the 2 with Henderson holding.

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

How did he do tonight?

Got a free role in a much more attacking shape, saka played well at LWB freeing Jack up, linked up well with just about everyone, especially sancho, popped up everywhere pulling strings and England from what I can tell (I turned it off when he was subbed off) were noticeably blunter in attack when he went off 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Got a free role in a much more attacking shape, saka played well at LWB freeing Jack up, linked up well with just about everyone, especially sancho, popped up everywhere pulling strings and England from what I can tell (I turned it off when he was subbed off) were noticeably blunter in attack when he went off 

So, back to the bench then?

Just now, maqroll said:

So, back to the bench then?

Rashford is out so maybe not 

But probably sterling in for him, Chilwell in for saka, pickford starts, kane for DCL and then rice or Henderson in for Winks vs belgium 

I think Jack vs sterling has got to be really close with sterling getting the nod based on reputation 

Â