The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Watching it back I didn't actually think he had an easy pass to Watkins, defender was blocking it most of the time but could be wrong.

The issue with Jack is he's not a proper winger and naturally wants to drift inside, defensively he's usually still decent but this game was at too high a tempo and part of the reason we got overloaded out wide. 

• Like 1

That run he went on was ace, one clear mistake was him holding on way to long and trying to much, Grealish should of let fly with a shot as he was arriving to the penalty spot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Was the pass definitely on for Watkins?  Looked it from the replay angle but not the original one.  I don’t really want to watch any of the game back to find out.

My instinct was that Watkins was too close to Grealish for the pass. Can't be bothered to watch it back. From memory if he could have done anything differently he maybe could have shot earlier but then there were two defenders right in front of him anyway. It was still stunning to watch though.

This is what I think he wants from Watkins and it opens up the bottom corner for him, gives him half a yard on the man in the middle, run across the back shoulders of the 2 and the front of the deepest man, with how quick the last defender gets across to block Jack I'm not 100% he doesn't block Watkins too, agree Watkins was a bit static 

IMG_20201024_002713.jpg

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Was the pass definitely on for Watkins?  Looked it from the replay angle but not the original one.  I don’t really want to watch any of the game back to find out.

Watkins was kind of static almost as if he was waiting for Jack to score. He backed off a little to give Jack room and didn't seem to be shouting for the ball. To be fair to Jack had every right to have a crack at goal there although he could have shot when he was nearer the pen spot. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

This is what I think he wants from Watkins and it opens up the bottom corner for him, gives him half a yard on the man in the middle, run across the back shoulders of the 2 and the front of the deepest man 

IMG_20201024_002713.jpg

Lays it off to Watkins 1-0 and that's a completely different match, needs to improve this decision making. 

But you can understand why he shot, brilliant run and wanted to finish it off, no shame in that.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Â