The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think the status of international football nowadays is underlined by the fact that 2 of the top 4 best sides in the world are managed by former Middleborough and Wigan Athletic managers respectively.

Both of which have been relegated. If either were linked to Villa, it would be horrifying which is crazy to think about.

• Like 1

It's sort of ideal for us he didn't play yesterday. He proved himself the match prior to that getting a MOTM. Then he was dropped and England looked kinda meh apparently. 

All this happened while he was carrying a knock and could use a rest. Now he got rested, so it's a win win for us. 

Personally I hope he remains on the bench against Denmark as well. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

That isn't how the England manger position works. You have to be a crap yesman manager to get a look in Smith wouldn't. 

Sure, I get your meaning, but I don't think it's like it was back in the day. They certainly don't like a manager with any controversy and Smith certainly falls into that category. 

I think, with the type of football he likes his teams to play, he could potentially be a really successful coach at national level. 

12 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

If Mount played for Villa and Grealish for Chelsea... who would’ve started? 

Grealish would have 30 caps if he had been at Chelsea for his whole career

• Like 2

I know most people on here probably won't be a fan of Adrian Durham on Talksport but I loved this piece: https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/10/12/video-england-arent-going-to-do-anything-without-jack-grealish-pundit-slams-southgate/

Says what most Villa fans, and probably the majority of non-Villa fans, are thinking I believe.

what a load of bollocks this article by Nick wright of skysports https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12101756/mason-mount-justifies-inclusion-over-jack-grealish-as-england-beat-belgium. Guess Grealish can only keep performing at the very high level he has  and its up to Southgate whether he wants to select Mount over him Could cost him his job eventually. 

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

what a load of bollocks this article by Nick wright of skysports https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12101756/mason-mount-justifies-inclusion-over-jack-grealish-as-england-beat-belgium. Guess Grealish can only keep performing at the very high level he has  and its up to Southgate whether he wants to select Mount over him Could cost him his job eventually. 

The most annoying thing about all this is that Mount and Grealish could very easily play together and there would be room if we played 4-3-3 instead of this 5-2-1-2 abomination.

Sadly though, a very soft penalty, a very deflected shot and 5 bad misses by Carrasco have meant that our outcome-oriented, nonanalytical media are describing this as "vindication" for Southgate and his flawed system.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

all that does for me is confirm that southgate is a dull safe defensive manager, for a team that hasn't got a good defence, and is more interested in not losing than he is in winning

and that the misconception that jack is lazy off the ball is further up than just souness

and mount was in on the right because Sancho has had his bum slapped, how does Sancho's work rate and press compare to mounts? or sterling's on the left, or rashfords?? 

makes me wonder what southgate's next bullshit excuse will be

• Like 1

One of Villa fans (who’s usually pessimist) said that we praise Jack because we like him. Then I’ve said in the group, who would you swap him with at Villa? For me I don’t think I will get any English player if it meant him going the other way round. 
If you’d like to know what you really think, you just need to answer a question like that.

Even other teams who think their players are the best, just ask them would you take Jack? Then they’ll start looking at it differently.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2020 at 17:12, avfc1982am said:

FFS, do you honestly think middle aged men give a flying f*** about Jack's hair, his socks being down etc. Not at all. Most middle aged blokes have get better things to worry about, like living. There have been far more flamboyant players than Jack over the years.

I think if you said the majority of his criticisms were from less skilled ex players, who couldn't hold a torch to him and are jealous of his attributes and the attention he is getting, that would be more to the point I think. 

Yes I do. It gives them a preconceived idea of what type of person/player that he is. The fans of the club are different because they've seen nearly every minute of his senior career and know exactly what type of player he is, but for pundits (both less skilled and middle aged 😉), I think that they have this preconceived idea of him.

I heard a comment on a podcast recently refering to Souness' comments on Grealish being a player that doesn't work hard enough and the guy there said "that's complete and utter nonsense, he's been the most fouled player in England for the last few years and you can't be that unless you're working hard to get on the ball". Why does Souness think this? It's because he looks at Grealish and sees his appearance first, and that automatically says bad egg in his mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

It's because he looks at Grealish and sees his appearance first, and that automatically says bad egg in his mind.

This is what I dont get because to my mind he's the most normal looking footballer! No tattoos, normal hair, bit of stubble. What stands out for people? Could be his graceful Rolls Royce style of play which is somewhat effortless. People see that and assume lazy luxury player I suppose. But how can you be so thick to assume without actual study?!

• Like 1

Â