The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I think it's more to do with what jack wants. He wants to play for England. If jack is playing for villa and getting regular minutes for England then happy days. If jack is playing for villa and not getting a look in and sees the players ahead of him all at a 'top 6' side then his head May be turned.

To suggest that villa fans have forgotten about jack in a villa shirt is a pretty outrageous claim. I think we just want what jack wants.

How is 80 minutes on Thursday not getting a look in? He even looked like he was playing with a knock. Yes it’s great to see Jack playing for England and we got to do that the other day. He maybe should have featured today but the fact he didn’t is good for Villa and for Jack if he is really is carrying a knock. 

• Like 3

I am glad Jack didn’t play. We don’t to waste his talent of such a sh*tty competition. It will also drive Jack to do his utmost for Villa to show what England is missing. 

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How is 80 minutes on Thursday not getting a look in? He even looked like he was playing with a knock. Yes it’s great to see Jack playing for England and we got to do that the other day. He maybe should have featured today but the fact he didn’t is good for Villa and for Jack if he is really is carrying a knock. 

Jack isn't stupid. He will see himself putting a MOTM performance in and then the next game, dropped to the bench and not getting on. He will look at the players that started in mount and rashford. He will realise he is clearly behind them. Then, the players to come in. Sterling, greenwood, foden, Sancho. All 'top 6' players and all will be considered ahead of him by the manager. (I use that term loosely). I'd be amazed if he's in the next squad if they are all fit. Amazed.

Is that what we want? Selfishly, yes of course it is. Save him for villa. But is that what jack would want? Absolutely not. And that's the key bit for me. Would jack wanted to have played tonight? I'd put my life on it he would've. So, that's what I want for him!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thats true, wouldn't take much to upgrade on the man in charge now and with the playing talent we have we can win the euros IMHO, just need the best we can get whether they're English or not. 

Southgate is far too rigid for my liking. As I said in an earlier post, Potter, wouldn't be the worse choice. 

Incidentally, if Smith continues on this upward curve, I can honestly see him taking the reins one day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I am glad Jack didn’t play. We don’t to waste his talent of such a sh*tty competition. It will also drive Jack to do his utmost for Villa to show what England is missing. 

I don't doubt jack's drive for villa will always be good wether it's to show England or not. The question is, will he have his head turned if he keeps getting overlooked by England? That's the big worry for me. He clearly wants to play for England, alot.

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Incidentally, if Smith continues on this upward curve, I can honestly see him taking the reins one day. 

That isn't how the England manger position works. You have to be a crap yesman manager to get a look in Smith wouldn't. 

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Southgate is far too rigid for my liking. As I said in an earlier post, Potter, wouldn't be the worse choice. 

Depends where he is, doubt he would leave Villa for it.

Potter along with all 19 other prem managers including that North East cabbage would be an upgrade, infact you would have to drop, and I'm serious here, below Paul Lambert level to find Southgates level.

Thats not me in pee'd off feeling down for one of our own mood, the man isn't technically savvy enough for a fifa top4 nation and his man management skills are lacking.

Apart from that he has a face that needs smacking.

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That isn't how the England manger position works. You have to be a crap yesman manager to get a look in Smith wouldn't. 

Back that up with evidence, Southgate's management record is as good as anyones. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Morkery said:

Back that up with evidence, Southgate's management record is as good as anyones. 

He's had 1 domestic management job and got sacked after getting relegated. Taking his team from a 12th placed finish down to relegation. Bit in bold is simply not true and, in fact, is completely wrong on every level.

50 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

So yes to being an England manager before Lockdown and No to being England manager after Lockdown??

44 minutes ago, Morkery said:

Even Cabbage makes Southgate look Sh*t.

51 minutes ago, Morkery said:

Southgate has had 2 senior managerial positions. The first he got Middlesbrough relegated after the season before barely keeping them out of the relegation zone, and then couldn't get them out of the championship. The other he has managed England. A team who has enough talent to consistently challenge France, Belgium, germany as the best teams in Europe yet consistently struggle to beat the middling sides.

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So yes to being an England manager before Lockdown and No to being England manager after Lockdown??

I felt before Christmas Smith was doing a fine job. It is just we started playing a lot more defensively without actually improving our defense. So we stopped scoring but continued conceding which at least was my issue with him for a lot of last season. And whilst we don't change systems that much I think 4-3-3 has the most tactical flexibility of any formation as it can really be: 4-2-1-3, 4-1-2-3, 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, 3-4-3 (if the CDM drops in between the cbs whilst the full backs push on). Etc.

I'm so glad that ****up Southgate didn't play grealish to be honest, no matter what we think Southgate is a plum who wants to play the FA nodding dog, I'd rather we see the best of Jack and keep him for our selfs!!! We all know what Jack can do but he will never fit into that **** wits plans. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes quite true and I expect him to play some part in the game against Denmark. You do not wanting him playing three games in less than a week for england and then coming back injured and unavailable for our game at the King Power. 

Southgate makes my blood boil. He has something wrong with him.

And despite the win, that line up and formation was embarrassing. We have the talent to be the most dangerous attacking team in world football at the moment and he plays with 7 defensive players in the outfield positions, at home.

So now i see a lot of the media outlets who were praising Jack's MOM perfomance are now saying how right Southgate was to drop him for Mount who aparantly was so wonderful at everything he did against Belgium. 

Must have been watching a different game clearly as it looked to me as though Belgiums players more often than not brushed him aside like a little boy playing against men and then he got lucky with a deflected shot which was one of the few contributions he made in the whole game? I even forgot he was playing in the first half.

Bizarre.

• Haha 1

Â