The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

If Dier was starting over you would you be happy. Maguire even for that matter

Madness. Not one left footed defender in a back 5.  Ignoring that, even if he was right footed he should have started ahead of Dier. Guys a tool.

As for Grealish  I reckon he'll start him in the next game,  worst case scenario for Villa,  would just be typical

Fortunate result for Southgate but pleased for the team nonethess. Belgium were poor however their second goa was not offside, De Bruyne picking up an injury and they looked way off being best team in the world. We did play better second half but far from convincing for me. We capitalised but wont always get away playing like that. Sure Jack and Tyrone will be dissapointed and rightly so however their extra rest is good for Villa.

• Like 2

Jack needs to play like Maradona or Messi to win an England first team place.

its only what he does for Aston Villa, that will force him in not what he foes gor England, because under Southgate he will only get cameo roles.

Southgate fell over his bootlaces to get to the mic to say Jack is not to be compared with Gascoigne, he said he played with Gascoigne so he should know....but he failed to say he played with McGrath too and with out him, he would have been pretty average.

I am not saying Jack is as good as Gazza, but to fail to see the comparisons...he must be blind.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Last sub another right back with about 3 games to his name.

**** off Southgate you word removed

England were 2-1 up. Why would he bring an attacking player on. 

I swear I think some of you lot don’t even care about Jack for Villa. You just want to see him playing for England.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Change for an attacking player that is ineffective. Jack holding the ball etc. rather than booting possession away makes it easier to hold on to the lead.

• Like 1

It wouldn’t surprise me if both him and Mings feature on Wednesday which is not great for us. I’m pleased that the Leicester game has been pushed back a day.

This international break has been a real inconvenience, the high and the confidence of the Liverpool result is going to feel like ancient history when they actually play again. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I swear I think some of you lot don’t even care about Jack for Villa. You just want to see him playing for England.

Why did he bring on Jadon Sancho for Mount, with a minute and a half of normal time?

Jack holds the ball.....he wins free kicks, he reduces pressure.

He won a man of the match award in an experimental team and then doesn't get a sniff.....what are we all to think......Mount got a goal fair do's, but did little else.

I'll bet DCL wasn't happy jack wasn't playing either.

the only upside is that he hasn't aggravated his hamstring but playing for a begrudging manager......southgate does have a villa issue, imo.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Why did he bring on Jadon Sancho for Mount, with a minute and a half of normal time?

Jack holds the ball.....he wins free kicks, he reduces pressure.

He won a man of the match award in an experimental team and then doesn't get a sniff.....what are we all to think......Mount got a goal fair do's, but did little else.

I'll bet DCL wasn't happy jack wasn't playing either.

the only upside is that he hasn't aggravated his hamstring but playing for a begrudging manager......southgate does have a villa issue, imo.

Bet Smith was happy Jack wasn’t playing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oh, I see your point and i agree.....but you cannot halt progress.

Jacks raised profile has to knock on, to us.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think it's more to do with what jack wants. He wants to play for England. If jack is playing for villa and getting regular minutes for England then happy days. If jack is playing for villa and not getting a look in and sees the players ahead of him all at a 'top 6' side then his head May be turned.

To suggest that villa fans have forgotten about jack in a villa shirt is a pretty outrageous claim. I think we just want what jack wants.

• Like 4

Â