The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

30 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You will not believe what I walked into on a United fan page, I thought we was obsessed 🤣

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jack-grealishs-calves-and-jorginhos.458084/

They do realise he plays for us don’t they? I know we did fill a few pages about a player we thought we might sign but this is all a bit much. Added to the fact that there are no fish and tits in sight and you’ve got some serious sados down there in London. 

Dodged a bullet there Jack. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Biskitt said:

why hasn't he tried a 4-2-3-1 formation? 

He has an inferiority complex. He didn't believe he was good enough for the job in the first place and now spends every game trying to practice systems that he hopes will avoid embarrassment whenever we play the better international teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

You will not believe what I walked into on a United fan page, I thought we was obsessed 🤣

Just had a scroll through the 26 page Grealish thread, it’s refreshing to hear many of them admit that he’s better than Fernandes, Pogba and Van De Beek. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Just had a scroll through the 26 page Grealish thread, it’s refreshing to hear many of them admit that he’s better than Fernandes, Pogba and Van De Beek. 

"Very good player, but not sure he fits the system Ole is trying to implement. He holds onto the ball too much a lot of the time, and moves it quite slowly. His constant looking for free kicks also slows the game down a lot. Think he would be frustrating" 

Also from a poster on redcafe... Jesus  who's he been watching

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

You missed the 173 page thread they have on him, that's some devotion lol. Its very clear that if you do onto the last page or two of that thread below they have not a clue about our Owners. They know not of why we chose to keep Grealish or why we offered him a new contract. 

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jack-grealish-signs-new-5-year-contract.452538/page-157#post-25928223

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, tinker said:

"Very good player, but not sure he fits the system Ole is trying to implement. He holds onto the ball too much a lot of the time, and moves it quite slowly. His constant looking for free kicks also slows the game down a lot. Think he would be frustrating" 

Also from a poster on redcafe... Jesus  who's he been watching

Football fans just need to admit that they don't watch a player, there's nothing wrong with that. 

Last night for England I thought Grealish was the best player on the pitch (no surprise) and Calvert-Lewin also looked great.

Thing I noticed was the huge strapping around his thigh, he seemed not at 100% to me and did enough to perform well but seemed to be holding something in reserve.

Presumably after that performance he has to play on Sunday against Belgium and of course rightly so. But I'm slightly worried he's injured or not far off an injury that could keep him out of action for us!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Thing is, Southgate's team talks should now be so easy: "You lot - give the ball to Jack". 

Pele's team talk and tactical breakdown of how to win the football game in "Escape to Victory" is very much along these lines but goes a lot deeper into the tactics of what you described above.  Keep it simple.

• Like 1

Those Red Cafe Grealish threads are an interesting read. 

Firstly I was gobsmacked at how sensible they all seemed, I was expecting a right bunch of bellends.  Rather dull though compared us, not much fun to be had. *

I was amazed at how highly they valued Jack.  From page 1 of the "transfer" thread they pretty much rated him and wanted him, just not liking the price. 

On the actual Grealish thread the last few weeks have been gushing about him. Much "if only we had signed him". One guy said he would be their best player, almost universally think he's better than Rashford. Another has started watching our games just to watch him and pretty much universal opinion that he should be starting for England and his lack of caps is criminal. 

These are Manchester United fans we are talking about. 

Oh, and they clearly have no idea how rich our owners are. 

* just like to thank @limpid  and our mods. I know it's a challenge and probably a bit of a chore having to keep our unruly bunch in check but VT is a joyous place to be and whenever I drop in on other teams forums it always strikes me they do seem very sterile and boring compared to this madhouse. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Pfff.  Amateurs. 

We rattled up 378 pages in one transfer window on a random player we were only loosely linked with. 

They must have a very small fan base.  

Over 400 with the removed content, yes I’m talking about you admin

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think people are getting a bit carried away with the Southgate hates Grealish stuff. Yes he had a problem with him and should have called him sooner. But he has been called up and played the last 80 minutes or so.  

You’re all acting like the school PE teacher isn’t picking your kid for the school football team. 

Agreed it's all getting a bit cringe.

To the point where because he said something positive about his performance but " it wasn't arse licky enough " lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think people are getting a bit carried away with the Southgate hates Grealish stuff. Yes he had a problem with him and should have called him sooner. But he has been called up and played the last 80 minutes or so.  

You’re all acting like the school PE teacher isn’t picking your kid for the school football team. 

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed it's all getting a bit cringe.

To the point where because he said something positive about his performance but " it wasn't arse licky enough " lol

Ermm.  It was a topic of conversation on the Red Cafe threads too.  A few people saying something was definitely up. 

It's not just us, it's a fact and third parties are also noticing enough to actually make comment on it. 

Edited by sidcow

I just hope Jack doesnt change his game/ style of play to please Southgate. I remember Bobby Robsen saying just before the World Cup in 1990 that the team needed one ball for Gazza and one for the rest of the team. Gazza didn’t change and neither should Jack. Keep doing what your doing Jack! Never change. ( anyone think he, reads this ?)

• Like 1

Not good enough because he doesn’t play Champions League football like Sancho who does it against the very best in the Champions League, When you’re up against the very best you need the very best to play against the very best. After all remember he only plays for Aston Villa. This is on talkSPORT at the moment.

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Not good enough because he doesn’t play Champions League football like Sancho who does it against the very best in the Champions League, When you’re up against the very best you need the very best to play against the very best. After all remember he only plays for Aston Villa. This is on talkSPORT at the moment.

Radio’s going through the window in the minute 🤯🤯🤦‍♂️🤬🤬🤬

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ermm.  It was a topic of conversation on the Red Cafe threads too.  A few people saying something was definitely up. 

It's not just us, it's a fact and third parties are also noticing enough to actually make comment on it. 

I’m not saying there wasn’t something up. My comment was more around how personally fans are taking it. To be fair maybe I’m being a bit selfish in the fact I couldn’t care less about England. I just want him fit and doing the business for Villa. 

• Like 2

Â