The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, John said:

I'm sure that Jack would be very flattered to be compared with the legends that are Brian Little and Paul McGrath. For me, Jack's our best current player by a distance, but he still has a bit left to do, to be placed alongside those two greats, just yet. 

I agree here John.

There is no reason why he cannot exceed expectations and find himself alongside them in legends row.

Keep his head down, continue doing what he's doing and continue the progressive journey of Team and player and he will be there and deservedly so.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I want Jack to be the ultimate Villa fan. The one that sacrifices his own career for the greater good of the club that runs through his bloodline. Being that one club man that dedicates all his powers in establishing the establishment back to one on a solid foundation to compete back at the top end by the time your career is over.

You may not necessarily win anything, but you earn more than anyone else at the club whilst captaining and leading the push season in season out. Be involved with a big say behind the scenes which in itself can help attract a better calibre of player each season we progress. That sacrifice of not moving to a bigger club when you know you could have, and gaining legend status amongst your own people can be just as, if not more rewarding, on a character/self-satisfaction scale. Its rare in this day in age and a fantasy, but thats most fans hopes. 

If say by the time his career ended we had become a regular top 6 club with a great squad of players, an attractive pull for the world talents of future years to come and join, with an exceptional academy and youth set up to boot; then he could retire and watch his club be successful as a fan; knowing he was a major part in making all that a possibility in the first place would have to be more rewarding than anything else ever could when his days as a footballer are done. Thats the ultimate fan, someone who can give up potential trophies and accolades he knows he can win elsewhere, to help his club become something they once were many moons ago.

I just feel with all the turmoil of the last decade, losing someone so influential at this stage could so easily trigger another decline if recruitment proves as difficult to those in charge as it has done in that decade. We stayed up by the skin of our teeth and things will look probably look precarious if he does choose to move on. He is so important to this club in every way imaginable. He is our identity and I want to watch him flourish and grow and in doing so nurturing this new AVFC. He is the swagger you always want being associated with your club. We can be great again, but we have to keep him and keep him happy.

So sorry Jack, you cant ever leave. Cheers bro 🙂

Also a wild idea - if Jack really stays for his whole career maybe we can loan him to a top club for one season where he can taste Champions League?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

Also a wild idea - if Jack really stays for his whole career maybe we can loan him to a top club for one season where he can taste Champions League?

If he stops and if these owners are as ambitious as I think they are.................

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

All I know is that Jack would walk into that Barcelona team and I hope they don't realise it!

If he has to go that would be far more palatable than the other option

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

"He IS Villa through & through. 

I love the way Joe Cole talks about Jack. For me, Joe Cole is one of the most technically gifted English players I ever witnessed, and Jack will be up there too when his career is done I'm sure. Great video.

13 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I want Jack to be the ultimate Villa fan. The one that sacrifices his own career for the greater good of the club that runs through his bloodline. Being that one club man that dedicates all his powers in establishing the establishment back to one on a solid foundation to compete back at the top end by the time your career is over.

You may not necessarily win anything, but you earn more than anyone else at the club whilst captaining and leading the push season in season out. Be involved with a big say behind the scenes which in itself can help attract a better calibre of player each season we progress. That sacrifice of not moving to a bigger club when you know you could have, and gaining legend status amongst your own people can be just as, if not more rewarding, on a character/self-satisfaction scale. Its rare in this day in age and a fantasy, but thats most fans hopes. 

If say by the time his career ended we had become a regular top 6 club with a great squad of players, an attractive pull for the world talents of future years to come and join, with an exceptional academy and youth set up to boot; then he could retire and watch his club be successful as a fan; knowing he was a major part in making all that a possibility in the first place would have to be more rewarding than anything else ever could when his days as a footballer are done. Thats the ultimate fan, someone who can give up potential trophies and accolades he knows he can win elsewhere, to help his club become something they once were many moons ago.

I just feel with all the turmoil of the last decade, losing someone so influential at this stage could so easily trigger another decline if recruitment proves as difficult to those in charge as it has done in that decade. We stayed up by the skin of our teeth and things will look probably look precarious if he does choose to move on. He is so important to this club in every way imaginable. He is our identity and I want to watch him flourish and grow and in doing so nurturing this new AVFC. He is the swagger you always want being associated with your club. We can be great again, but we have to keep him and keep him happy.

So sorry Jack, you cant ever leave. Cheers bro 🙂

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Like 1

I do wonder what I’d do if I were a footballer in his position. The idea of being paid millions would be tempting, and to play in the champions league etc would be amazing. But it’s temporary. And if I really believed I could be a top player forever, imagine retiring at Villa and getting a statue. That status is permenant. 

• Like 2

Jack can be the ultimate hero at his boyhood club, which also happens to be one of the biggest clubs in the country with huge amount of history, with a massive fan base and a beautiful stadium and superb facilities instead of being a forgotten squad player at a Liverpool/Man City. There's no shame in that!

Yes Jack, beating Blues with the winning goal after receiving a punch from the great unwashed will remain the greatest moment of your career!

Edited by Khizzy

5 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

"He IS Villa through & through. 

Living his best life and all of us living a little bit of ours through him. Jack’s not just another player, he’s one of us in a real sense. I want the best for him but I hope he decides that’s carrying our dreams further, because they’re his dreams too. Great vid. 

• Like 2

Â