The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

When wolves scored hos body language to me.felt like here we go ago ive had enough of this shit.

He wants to win things i get it but as captain i dont see him rallying the troops.  Mings is a far better suited caotain

I know smith made him captain to keep him happy as he didnt get tbe move he wanted but he isnt a captain to me

To me id rather get rid of smith bring a quality manager and 70m+ tk buold a team that doesnt rely on one player

Thats the problem we rely too much on one player. You will never suceed if thats how you play week in and week out

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Luiz has improved nicely. Are you saying he's been better than Jack? I'd respectfully disagree

Villa Talkers gave Luiz 84% of the vote last time for MOTM, previously (I think) he was MOTM twice (according to Villa Talkers) in the four matches back after restart. Disagree all you like but Luiz has performed better, Jack has been a pit poor for me especially as he is regarded as our best player.

Grealish has spent much of the last few games falling over alot that's for sure.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Villa Talkers gave Luiz 84% of the vote last time for MOTM, previously (I think) he was MOTM twice (according to Villa Talkers) in the four matches back after restart. Disagree all you like but Luiz has performed better, Jack has been a pit poor for me especially as he is regarded as our best player.

Grealish has spent much of the last few games falling over alot that's for sure.

People give Luiz the motm because jack isnt performing as well as he can whereas Luiz has performed much better than at any point previously. Grealish has been better but Luiz has stepped up his game so he deserved the motm. Luiz most improved player, Grealish most valuable player. 

19 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Even if Luiz has played better thats just one player. Jack was only player vs Wolves trying to create anything and Luiz only one wanted the ball from him. Our strikers are incredibly static they make Wesley look like Vardy. McGinn has came back in poor form

What else can he do. Its not PlayStation that he can run through an entire defence especially a strong one like Wolves. Of the mid table teams Sheffield United, Wolves and Newcastle are probably most difficult to play against

• Like 2

I have to agree that since the re-start Douglas Luiz has been our most consistent performer by some distance. Is he better than Grealish? Hell no. Though obviously completely different types of players but at least Luiz is now showing some real signs of potential now.

Back to Grealish, he's obviously not performing to his optimum best, but not through the lack of trying. I think he has looked a little disillusioned by the players around him, must be pretty tough on him seeing the likes of Trez and El Ghazi totally under performing and thinking he has to do it all himself. Since moved into the middle he is trying to pick the ball up to deep probably because there is a lack of trust of the other players to be able to carry or pass the ball forward. But we need Jack playing much higher up the field where he can hurt teams.

Let's not start beating him down though, he's been our player of the season by far and will more than likely leave at the end of the season to bigger and better things. 

FWIW, I wouldn't dream of leaving him out for the Liverpool or Man Utd games, end of the day he's the player that can make us tick and we would effectively be conceding the points before a ball is kicked should we not start him. I actually think he will raise his game for both these matches knowing that potential suitors will be watching him perform against the so-called big boys.

• Like 1

Didn't realise his court date was so far away.

Is the potential punishment limited to licence points and fines? If so, he's probably fine given footballers live in a world where these things seemingly don't matter to them (loads of money for the fine, ability to afford a chauffeur/taxis everywhere they want to go, and a world of employers that couldn't give 2 sh*ts about whether you broke the law ).

We should have used the incident as an opportunity to instil Mings as captain. Behind the scenes we could sell him the story that its to ease the pressure on him and leave him free to do what he does best. I don't think being captain in our situation is doing him any favours.

Edited by MrBlack

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Agreed. He's been our best player in every game since the restart.

He's got absolutely **** all to work with. A shit team playing shit under a manager who is currently shit.

People expect him to go round 3 players and score. He never has anyone to pass to. 

He's an amazing player and if these are his last games for us it makes me sad that fans are turning on him for, imo, no reason.

You’re feckin deluded! Luiz has been head & shoulders our best player since the restart. I think Grealish needs the captaincy taken away from him, as should have happened the moment he crashed his car pi55ed. Mings is by far a better leader of men. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I have to agree that since the re-start Douglas Luiz has been our most consistent performer by some distance. Is he better than Grealish? Hell no. Though obviously completely different types of players but at least Luiz is now showing some real signs of potential now.

Back to Grealish, he's obviously not performing to his optimum best, but not through the lack of trying. I think he has looked a little disillusioned by the players around him, must be pretty tough on him seeing the likes of Trez and El Ghazi totally under performing and thinking he has to do it all himself. Since moved into the middle he is trying to pick the ball up to deep probably because there is a lack of trust of the other players to be able to carry or pass the ball forward. But we need Jack playing much higher up the field where he can hurt teams.

Let's not start beating him down though, he's been our player of the season by far and will more than likely leave at the end of the season to bigger and better things. 

FWIW, I wouldn't dream of leaving him out for the Liverpool or Man Utd games, end of the day he's the player that can make us tick and we would effectively be conceding the points before a ball is kicked should we not start him. I actually think he will raise his game for both these matches knowing that potential suitors will be watching him perform against the so-called big boys.

He didn’t play against Liverpool at Villa Park  earlier in the season, and we were a handful of minutes from winning that game. 

1 minute ago, OxfordVillan said:

He didn’t play against Liverpool at Villa Park  earlier in the season, and we were a handful of minutes from winning that game. 

Yes I get that, we fought really hard that day and put in a really great effort but the stats that day didn't lie.

They had 26 shots to our 4, 75% possession and a perfectly good goal ruled out.

If that happens in every game you play then you're more than likely going to lose 99% of them.

I suppose you could say the players that were out there put in a little extra effort knowing Jack wasn't playing, but I still feel that the chances of getting any kind of result at Anfield without Jack is pretty much zero.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think MOTM and best player aren't necessarily the same thing.

I think Luiz's improvement is what's catching the eye for fans and people are taking Jack for granted. They expect him to be a worldbeater so they don't give him credit when he plays well but not spectacular. The same reason Messi doesn't get MOTM every week for Barca but he's nearly always their best player.

The bit in bold sums it up for me. You expect more of Jack so you're disappointed when he isn't at his peak. But he's still head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

He's our best player week in and week out. He's basically the only player in the team who belongs in this league.

15 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

You’re feckin deluded! 

Charming

Luiz has been head & shoulders our best player since the restart.

I disagree

I think Grealish needs the captaincy taken away from him, as should have happened the moment he crashed his car pi55ed. 

I don't think stripping our best player of the captaincy with 6 games to go would be a very motivating thing to do at the most crucial part of our season.

16 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Mings is by far a better leader of men. 

I agree. And if they're both here next season, which is doubtful, I'd give the captaincy to Mings. But you don't change the captaincy at a time like this. It would be crazy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Didn't realise his court date was so far away.

Is the potential punishment limited to licence points and fines? If so, he's probably fine given footballers live in a world where these things seemingly don't matter to them (loads of money for the fine, ability to afford a chauffeur/taxis everywhere they want to go, and a world of employers that couldn't give 2 sh*ts about whether you broke the law ).

We should have used the incident as an opportunity to instil Mings as captain. Behind the scenes we could sell him the story that its to ease the pressure on him and leave him free to do what he does best. I don't think being captain in our situation is doing him any favours.

His court date is probably the next time we'll see 3 points to be honest

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's our best player week in and week out. He's basically the only player in the team who belongs in this league.

This. The rest of the rabble are championship level, apart from Heaton. I can only imagine how good Jack will be when he has other good players around him. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think MOTM and best player aren't necessarily the same thing.

I think Luiz's improvement is what's catching the eye for fans and people are taking Jack for granted. They expect him to be a worldbeater so they don't give him credit when he plays well but not spectacular. The same reason Messi doesn't get MOTM every week for Barca but he's nearly always their best player.

The bit in bold sums it up for me. You expect more of Jack so you're disappointed when he isn't at his peak. But he's still head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

I agree, they are definitely not the same thing.

Grealish is by far our best player. By a country mile.

I think you are correct, fans perceptions are probably a bit skewed because of the high expectations Jack has previously set and Luiz's upsurge in form. 

The standard of performances from both players post-lockdown is probably a lot closer than the VT votes suggest.

I know when I am voting I try to judge each game on it's own merit and I think have voted Luiz in 2 of the 4 matches played and Jack none but maybe it says more about the types of games we have been involved in than anything else.

Â