The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So if by some freak intervention Villa stay up, you think perennially we'd be fighting relegation? 

No I don't !!!   You introduced the word "perennially" !! Though things will need to change though if you manage to avoid relegation this season.  Trying to outscore Premier League opposition without having a solid D will just bring the same results

As for a football player at  25 years old, two years represents possibly forty per cent of his remaining career and that is not to be taken lightly.  Players, not just Jack, need to see ambition and potential. It's why Mahrez left Leicester & Zaha wants out of C Palace just to use two examples. It's an ongoing story.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So if by some freak intervention Villa stay up, you think perennially we'd be fighting relegation? 

I fear we will be again next season if we don't start signing some better standard of players from somewhere. Manager needs to improve aswell of course.

You look at the Wolves squad now and it's comfortably better than ours. Helps their squad is drilled in their formation aswell. Everton have underachieved this season but they could still finish in the top half. Newcastle will spend lots and improve.

These aren't top 6 but will probably be in 7th-10th group next season. Really we need to at least be showing some progress by finishing 10 points clear of relegation and ahead of likes of Palace, West Ham and Burnley next year if we stay up.

It's pretty sobering reading but we have finished 10th or higher on just 5 occasions since May 2004! Finishing in the top half would be excellent progress next season.

• Like 1

There’s an interesting 30 minute interview with him on our official site, he comes across as quite humble I thought. I’d like to know other poster’s thoughts on the interview if they want to share them 

On 14/05/2020 at 20:59, gurru991 said:

Top players are driven by desire and most are not going to be satisfied fighting relegation battles.

From that sentence I presumed you were implying Villa would be regularly fighting relegation battles (if we stay up).

Am I wrong?

59 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

From that sentence I presumed you were implying Villa would be regularly fighting relegation battles (if we stay up).

Am I wrong?

You added perennially to your first reply and now you include regularly in this reply. My post was a generalization that top players want to challenge for cups not fight relegation battles. Full Stop.

Yes You Are Wrong !!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Am I wrong?

We will do if we don't learn how to defend

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

You added perennially to your first reply and now you include regularly in this reply. My post was a generalization that top players want to challenge for cups not fight relegation battles. Full Stop.

Yes You Are Wrong !!

Ah generalisations, got ya 😉

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Mirror are reporting that we're refusing to budge from an £80m valuation on the player.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-refuse-budge-massive-22039771

It's probably paper garbage, but at least they've stopped the nonsense about him going for £30m. 

For me, if someone pays £80m for Grealish, they're getting a very good deal.

If a club paid £80m, it would rank him as the 11th most expensive player of all time, in my opinion, we would be getting a very good deal if a team decided to pay that much for him.

• Like 1

I wouldn't take a penny less than £80m myself, in fact I would be talking about £100m. We are with our present owners, no longer a selling club and need to adopt the Daniel Levy/Brentford outgoing transfer fee policy, if one of our player's really must go, when it's against our wishes. £100m (PL) is the new £20m (EFL)! ;)   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John said:

I wouldn't take a penny less than £80m myself, in fact I would be talking about £100m. We are with our present owners, no longer a selling club and need to adopt the Daniel Levy/Brentford outgoing transfer fee policy, if one of our player's really must go, when it's against our wishes. £100m (PL) is the new £20m (EFL)! ;)   

The transfer fee very much depends on what league we'll be playing in next season

The articles by Neil Moxley so you’d like to think it has a little more weight to it than an unknown reporter. 

Interestingly it puts our owners wealth at a combined £12bn which would put Eden’s own net worth at +5bn based on Sawiris per Forbes. A lot more than previous estimates, which suggests it could be bull. 

Either way he’s got this from somewhere and you’d like to hope it’s Villa’s side. 

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If a club paid £80m, it would rank him as the 11th most expensive player of all time, in my opinion, we would be getting a very good deal if a team decided to pay that much for him.

You've boxed yourself in there.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Are you saying that you don’t agree with me? It sounds like you are

I’d rather have the player than the money to be honest.  No guarantees that replacements would be comparable to team value.  We don’t need to sell, player can try and force a sale but given Jacks feelings towards Villa I don’t think he’d go on strike or push the boundaries too far. Doesn’t matter what division we are in.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

If we get relegated we'll probably get around 40-50 mill for him.

Then he stays where he is. It's not going to be a bankruptcy sale. If he wants to go, then someone will need to pay our price to make it happen. 

• Like 4

Â