The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was good for us though, MON always tried to shoehorn him in at right back, it was clear he was a cdm 

nigel "2nd touch a tackle" reo-coker

he was ok, thought he was better than he was, in MONs system of win the ball get it forward fast he was ok, when it worked...when we played say wigan at home and saw a lot of the ball then MONs lack of plan B and the likes of reo-coker's problems were there for all to see

can remember Ronaldo stropping off the pitch though after about 70 minutes of him being in reo cokers pocket

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

nigel "2nd touch a tackle" reo-coker

he was ok, thought he was better than he was, in MONs system of win the ball get it forward fast he was ok, when it worked...when we played say wigan at home and saw a lot of the ball then MONs lack of plan B and the likes of reo-coker's problems were there for all to see

can remember Ronaldo stropping off the pitch though after about 70 minutes of him being in reo cokers pocket

In 07/08, he was class for us, one of our first names on the teamsheet for me. I remember that game fondly against Man Utd, NRC should’ve had a better career than he did, especially after leaving us

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Enda said:

Blast from the past.

Went on to play for Ipswich, in the MLS, and a stint with a club in Norway. And he claimed AC Milan were in for him. Waster.

But since then we have only exceeded what we paid for him on ten occasions -  not even a full team - have had to sign far too much quantity over quality across a whole decade.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Jamie carragher has named him in his team of the year in a midfield 3 alongside Henderson and De Bruyne 

Wow, great achievement, will only increase the chance of him leaving us though being mentioned alongside those players :(

On 06/04/2020 at 14:23, DaveAV1 said:

Now,  on the same day that Wayne “The Brain” Rooney has described attacking footballers as a joke, it appears that he has been told off by the police for taking his family for a walk with Kyle Walker and his family. These utter morons couldn’t be more disconnected with the rest of humanity if we put them on Mars. 

I’ve cancelled my Sky Sports subscription. I’m not sure if I’ll make it permanent, but I really should. If enough of us did, we could cut the flow off at source. 

I don’t really begrudge them, or anyone else their money, but I hate what the money does to many of them. I’m sure the majority of footballers are staying at home and understand to a large extent how lucky they are. But the very visible minority do the rest of them no favours. 

Football as a working man’s game has been destroyed since the emergence of Sky. Football administrators and their creation of competitions designed with the sole purpose of making money are equally culpable. It’s rotten and now it’s starting to stink. 

Many people now get their sports channels via other means, for a fraction of the price :thumb:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Wow, great achievement, will only increase the chance of him leaving us though being mentioned alongside those players :(

Can you increase past 100%?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I assume there wasnt anything more that came out about the incident?

Nope, and the media has moved on. Half the Spurs squad out training with Jose and Kyle Walker having a grand old time...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Nope, and the media has moved on. Half the Spurs squad out training with Jose and Kyle Walker having a grand old time...

blues are getting **** by the EFL and wolves stayed about as relevant as usual because one of their players got Telford to the PL on football manager

just need the baggies fans to move on to something else now and it'll all be forgotten 

With the news that Kyle Walker apparently won't be considered by Southgate again after his sex party, does that mean Grealish has blown his chances as well? 

Seems that Southgate likes good characters and people who follow the rules

Edited by Xela

1 minute ago, Xela said:

With the news that Kyle Walker apparently won't be considered by Southgate again after his sex party, does that mean Grealish has blown his chances as well? 

It's possible, but Grealish will play at top level longer than Southgate will remain as manager.

And with Walker pushing 30 with both Wan Bissaka and Trent Alexander Arnold ahead of him at RB it was an easier call to make for Southgate.

Long way until the 2021 Euro's and if he continues to excel I think he'll still get picked, maybe. Especially if he moves to a bigger club.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Walker didnt play since last summer for England so might be a cop out from Southgate. Declan Rice and Mason Mount broke the curfew before Jack when they had corona cases in the club and was no response from Southgate

Eric Dier probably still get a call up after his actions for Spurs few weeks back

• Like 1

On 07/04/2020 at 12:30, Adam2003 said:

But since then we have only exceeded what we paid for him on ten occasions -  not even a full team - have had to sign far too much quantity over quality across a whole decade.

Your right.

Because we get too many wrong or we can't improve them, not sure which....perhaps a bit of both.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Walker didnt play since last summer for England so might be a cop out from Southgate. Declan Rice and Mason Mount broke the curfew before Jack when they had corona cases in the club and was no response from Southgate

Eric Dier probably still get a call up after his actions for Spurs few weeks back

that world cup where walker was part of a solid back 3 as we actually looked of defensively? and we used our defenders really well at set pieces? the 2 things we probably did best at the world cup?

yeah of course Southgate knocked it on the head

rice and mount went for a game of football, walker had a party with hookers, jack had a tear up and alli decided to be racist on social media - I think the difference now is southgate will come under media pressure to try jack and Maddison, you cant have jack making teams of the year and then southgate wafting his bullshit about being behind sterling and then calling up Hudson odoi 

• Like 1

Â