The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

For the first 60 minutes the squad is as good as him it is the last 30 that let us down. Partially it is conditioning as a lot of our players haven't played in a league even close to this intense and struggle to keep up with the pace of play.

The other part is poor substitutions we need to make them Early and the right choice. Against united we should have Brought nakamba on at about 60 when it looked like we were losing control of the game. Instead we brought Lansbury on at 80 and we continued to struggle. We needed nakamba to come on and win the ball to prevent them from getting anything going. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

For the first 60 minutes the squad is as good as him it is the last 30 that let us down. Partially it is conditioning as a lot of our players haven't played in a league even close to this intense and struggle to keep up with the pace of play.

The other part is poor substitutions we need to make them Early and the right choice. Against united we should have Brought nakamba on at about 60 when it looked like we were losing control of the game. Instead we brought Lansbury on at 80 and we continued to struggle. We needed nakamba to come on and win the ball to prevent them from getting anything going. 

Said as much in the match thread. That stuff was criminal. 

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In the video above Grealish reveals that players have told him they have been asked to kick him. 

It's a little surreal seeing a team like ManU take the exact same approach that Small Heath(amongst other championship teams) attempted last year. You would think better teams would have an improved strategy but Jack is just that good. 

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

It's a little surreal seeing a team like ManU take the exact same approach that Small Heath(amongst other championship teams) attempted last year. You would think better teams would have an improved strategy but Jack is just that good. 

Like the fella he is talking to in the video says, they don't know else how to stop you. 

George Boateng bonus too. Well worth a watch. They also discuss preparing for Leicesters full backs. Jack also mentions how he captains the lads. 

Jack is underrated smart. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In the video above Grealish reveals that players have told him they have been asked to kick him. 

Yep. As is surely borne out by the evidence (including Andreas' deliberate toe poke to the calf after just 50 seconds yesterday). The "most fouled" tag tells only half the story. In terms of targeted kicks & rakes to the calf / ankle / achilles, no other Premier League player takes punishment like Jack. For someone whose talent is constantly put at risk by spineless refereeing, he is remarkably good humoured.

Edited by Five Ken McNaughts
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Good to see Adam C and the Astro team still kicking it. Reminds me of how good the football broadcasting is in Malaysia. It's more enjoyable than Sky and the like.

Yeah, really good coverage that. Normal, down to earth, proper football chat. 

I may have to check these lot out... 🧐

• Like 1

What a thoroughly pleasant chap he is.

Makes opposition fans seethe with his football, and they throw in "arrogant" and "up himself" type insults all the time. He's the absolute opposite.

What a captain.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Mount has better players around him for a start. Willian is class.

For Villa to keep Grealish long term we need to start signing better players to support him. Proven class.

I think if we stay up which I think we will and probably comfortably too. I can see in the summer a massive push from our board to get some real quality in.

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Everything I've heard Southgate say about Grealish suggests to me he doesn't really understand Grealish's game at all.

I think in Southgate's mind, Grealish is this luxury, tactically undisciplined player who would damage the precious shape of his team. That's so unfair on a player who actually works incredibly hard defensively and can play three different positions.

My biggest fear is that Southgate will read too much into the qualification performances - against some really poor teams - and not think enough about what sort of player is needed to win a Euro semi-final or final. If we're going into those Euros without options like Grealish in the squad, then Southgate is a headcase, and deserves everything coming his way.

My biggest fear is that Southgate is just a c***. I think even at the club, Smith, Purslow and others have recently been asked about Jack and England and have all said he needs to be patient. I think what they really want to say is the opposite to be honest. That Southgate needs to get his head out his arsehole and do the right thing?! Put the best English AM in the England Team!! I think their all being a little diplomatic so not to rock Jacks chances. Thankfully most of the UK are going to demand he is in there soon enough or Southgate will most definitely look publicly like a proper idiot. 

Jack was ready to go for the national team over 12 months ago. Hence why Poch wanted him at spuds. All this, look at him now bollox. He's been on another level for a long time.. And he wont be going anywhere unless we go down.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Aside from being incredibly cynical and even more twattish, it’s also really ineffective because it just awards is a shit tom of free kicks in the attacking half.

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Aside from being incredibly cynical and even more twattish, it’s also really ineffective because it just awards is a shit tom of free kicks in the attacking half.

Jack is being kicked from pillar to post on instruction from opposition managers, meanwhile all the dumbass fans of those teams complain about his "diving". 

Â