The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Remember when there were people on this very site valuing him at £30m in the summer? Crazy days man. 

If he stays fit he will drag us into the top 10. One of the best players in the league, no question. 

He really is. Being tied with De Bruyne for the top chance-creator from open play, given the 2 teams they play for really speaks volumes.

I honestly can't believe he stayed with us in the Championship last season given how good he is. NSWE coming in completely reversed the trajectory our club was heading in. One for the history books I'd imagine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

That 6'2 was just Dion Dublin talking dube-ious bollocks.

Jack's "official" height is 1.75m which is 5'9. Add the hair on and he's about 5'11. (I imagine the confusion is because 1.75m = 5.7 feet, but there are 12 inches in a foot.)

But yes you can't trust athlete's heights. They tend to inflate them for obvious reasons - and probably, like the rest of us, because it looks better on Tinder.

His hair is actually very flat and you can tell he actually looks quite tall compared to a lot of players. That might just be because he is thin but he looks like he is 2 or 3 inches taller than trez who is 5'8-9"

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

His hair is actually very flat and you can tell he actually looks quite tall compared to a lot of players. That might just be because he is thin but he looks like he is 2 or 3 inches taller than trez who is 5'8-9"

I was joking about the hair.

Let's agree he's somewhere in the 5'8 to 5'11 range (they all look the same to me), and definitely not 6'2.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Remember when there were people on this very site valuing him at £30m in the summer? Crazy days man. 

If he stays fit he will drag us into the top 10. One of the best players in the league, no question. 

Not that far back that some people on here thought he should have been benched 😂

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Agbonlahor is our all time leading Premier League goalscorer, to say he never developed and is a terrible player is pretty disrespectful in my opinion.

Granted the way his career ended at Villa was nothing short of a disgrace, but from 2006 to 2010/11 he was unplayable and a huge part of the MON era.

He didn't say that though. He said his last 5 years were terrible which I am inclined to agree with. 

Edit; maybe you're right when I am reading it again. Commas tricking my brain. 

Gabby just lost the player he was when he bulked up. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

listened to the football ramble this morning, outsiders looking in and im not sure how much of him they watch

almost obligatory comments about him drinking and his hair cut but I think they missed the shin pad trifecta, he wont get the free role for England which is fair, sterling plays on the left so he wont get that role which is also fair but then it went on to we already have good options in the middle which im guessing alludes to barkley, mount and Maddison and then my favourite was probably the comment on how we cant forget Lingard and ali had a very good world cup, they didn't want to talk too much England but I think they watch a different England to me

10 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I was joking about the hair.

Let's agree he's somewhere in the 5'8 to 5'11 range (they all look the same to me), and definitely not 6'2.

Last time I saw Grealish when I was at VP, I was at the players car park with my nephew and we were getting a pic to take with him. I'm 5'8 and he was definitely taller then me. I'm sure he's 5'10 at least. 

I'm not that bothered as he could pickup an injury that might relegate us.

He really wants it though and it's been deserved for 6 months now bearing in mind the muck that's been ahead of him.

I've said to a few people if we finish 13th or higher I think he'll be starting for England at the Euros. That was meant to indicate that we were comfortably away from relegation but maybe I should tweak that to top half. Could be finishing 13th and only 4/5 points above the drop.

11 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He didn't say that though. He said his last 5 years were terrible which I am inclined to agree with. 

Edit; maybe you're right when I am reading it again. Commas tricking my brain. 

Gabby just lost the player he was when he bulked up. 

His bulking up didn't help him, as for me it contributed to the injury problems he had. For it's injury and lack of discipline that caused him to decline. 

When Gabby was fit and up to speed even in those last 5 seasons of decline he could still terrify defenders with his pace and power. A still score against small heath.

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

listened to the football ramble this morning, outsiders looking in and im not sure how much of him they watch

almost obligatory comments about him drinking and his hair cut but I think they missed the shin pad trifecta, he wont get the free role for England which is fair, sterling plays on the left so he wont get that role which is also fair but then it went on to we already have good options in the middle which im guessing alludes to barkley, mount and Maddison and then my favourite was probably the comment on how we cant forget Lingard and ali had a very good world cup, they didn't want to talk too much England but I think they watch a different England to me

It's like they just watched the highlights of the Brighton game and did a bit of reading of his Wiki.

One of them was saying he's been playing on the left all season when it was really only the last 3 games. The guy he was arguing had the right idea in that he's been playing as a #8 for the best part of a year but it was obvious he's never watched us because he just gave up deferred to the first guy's supposedly superior knowledge lol.

Mainstream pundits are ironically better as they seem to actually watch games. Jena's was waxing lyrical about him as we're the 2 MOTD fellas. I'm waiting to see Tim Sherwood's take, haven't seen him on air for a while. He always gives Jack his fair dues. Probably because he managed him and seen his quality first hand.

On 21/10/2019 at 14:24, Paddywhack said:

I'm sooooo friggin' bored of other fans talking about his look.

He could score the winning goal in the final of the world cup and there'd still be some unorignal nob in the crowd saying "yeah, but have you seen those silly, tiny socks?"

I'd rather them say things about what he wears, than what some disgusting sorry excuse for human being have said about other things that should not be said. there have been a few morons that have gone to the levels by saying things on social media that are totally unforgivable that deserve a good beating.

So yeah socks, boots, hair, I'm glad they talk about those kind of things because it's all just daftness and pretty funny if they think that would get to Jack, he prob has a giggle at it.

Also the socks, shorts, hair, boots things is nothing to what some players say to Jack, they call him sexy legs or sexy don't they to wind him up, not sure if it gets to him or not though, he just seems to handle everything that's thrown his way in more than positive way.

It shows to Southgate and those behind the England team that Jack has been called everything, even been hit by a prat at a local derby only to come back from it and strike a goal, that he can rise above the stupidness. It shows how much Jacks career his spinning in the right direction and thats what Southgate needs in that England squad.

Southgate is crazy if he doesn't add Jack and give him his chance, it will be what does he have to do, Southgate said last season he needs to be playing in the premier, well he's here and he now needs to make it happen.

• Thanks 1

Â