The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Xela said:

He's a bit good isn't he?

Ally and Lingard are better according to Southgate.

Forget that he is the 4th most creative player in the league, obviously not good enough to play for England.

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think the Brighton fans are abit obsessed with our Jack, he even has his own thread over there lol.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?375982-Jack-Grealish-Zaha-part-Deux&s=5b91759867f44c412dd10f4ca9804f56

Best individual performance against Brighton this season and will be playing for England soon - sounds about right 👍

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think the Brighton fans are abit obsessed with our Jack, he even has his own thread over there lol.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?375982-Jack-Grealish-Zaha-part-Deux&s=5b91759867f44c412dd10f4ca9804f56

Many people praises him in that thread.

Most of them recognize him as a good player.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Best individual performance against Brighton this season and will be playing for England soon - sounds about right 👍

Yes there are some positive comments about him which is nice, there's some negatives to but it's mainly about his hair.

One said he will be at a top 6 club come summer window, I strongly disagree, Jack is loyal and as long he's playing in the prem with us I think he will stay, our Owners will make sure he stays. No top 6 club or any club is having any of our players we want to keep while ever we are in the prem, those days are gone of us being cherry picked by stronger clubs. Another reason he wont go is while ever we are progressing nicely he will see that as a positive. Another reason would be if he moves to another club, he would most likely be a bench boy for a long time and wont get regular time, at Villa hes captain and plays all games. To many reason why he wont end up at a top club, the only reason i coukd see him going would be because some big club offered a crazy stupid amount and thats not going to happen because to them hed be worth about 60+ mill to is hes worth quadruple that amount or more, in fact i dont think you can even put a price on it for us, his style of play is priceless.

Edited by Dave-R

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Many people praises him in that thread.

Most of them recognize him as a good player.

Yes it's fantastic I think, when I seen the thread I was expecting a bombardment of nasties, so I appreciate there honesty and respect there fans that bit more now.

• Like 1

He was great today, his best performance this season. In the earlier games, despite putting in a lot of good work in the middle third, when we needed him to make the difference in the final third he was coming up short. Last few games he has shown that he can be the deciding factor at this level, Ok it hasn't been against the best teams yet, but you can only beat what is in front of you.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Yes he was. He plays a different game to pretty much everyone else we see.

Yes this sums it up for me. Such a unique player and a joy to watch. Don't think I remember a villa player dominate a game so much as an individual.

Also loved that wee post match interview. Looked genuinely chuffed that Southgate was watching and funny throwing some shade at targetts free kick and his own finish

• Like 1

Surely Southgate watching will have some thoughts to go away with now on not just Jack but Targett as well I think.

I know what I would be thinking about Jack today and that is he sure does have a back for causing problems out of nothing. He's a winner on many levels on that pitch and has so many positives to his game that he will win the ball for England if he plays.

We will soon have a big bunch of players in this squad who are internationals..

Brilliant today, showcased just how far he’s come and his authority on games. Was our beating heart, our drive and determination today when so many had an off day. Looked hungry and dangerous, and also looked gifted and very different to what other English midfielders have to offer in front of Southgate. Absolutely deserves a call up, he will not let England down.

I was on the fence a few seasons back ago, thought he thought he was billy big bollocks, but he has knuckled down, grown up and keeps getting better. He is now a professional and worthy of the sometimes jingoistic acclaim and his standing right at the very top of our club. A very big talent and improving. Well done Jack.

• Like 1

I'm happy that Jack didn't know Southgate was there today, on the 2 previous occasions Southgate has been in attendance he has been below his best, which led me to believe he was trying to hard to impress. 

The kid is a different class, I love McGinn but some.of the nonsense I've read about John being more important to us than Jack Is quite frankly ridiculous. He is absolutely irreplaceable, am I saying there aren't better players out there? No, but I don't think there is anyone out there capable of doing what Jack does that would consider coming to Aston Villa. 

Absolutely everything went through Jack today.  I can't believe how often he was fouled, they just couldn't stop him any other way. 

He picked us up and carried us over the line today. 

• Like 2

Â