The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 09/10/2019 at 15:47, Keyblade said:

Well here's the table for total chances created this season which includes all types of set pieces. Interestingly Jack's number of 19 is the same as the one from the table above that excludes set pieces while a lot of the other players like Digne and Lanzini's numbers are significantly reduced presumably because they take and create more chances from set Pieces.

Kevin De Bruyne - 29
Trent Alexander-Arnold - 28
Gylfi Sigurdsson - 22
Riyad Mahrez - 20
Pascal Gross - 20
Emiliano Buendia - 20
Jack Grealish - 19
Manuel Lanzini - 17
Oliver Norwood - 17
Lucas Digne - 17

Even more interesting is that Jack is top of the table for "Other" types of chances that don't include crosses, free kicks, corners, through balls etc with 17. His other 2 are from crosses. De Bruyne is second with 14. This tells me exactly what I see on the pitch, that he runs the show during open play and every chance we have goes through him.

This is what the table looks like if you take out set-pieces. I could be wrong, but my calculations did match up for Buendia, Gross and Sigurdsson in the other table. 

Kevin De Bruyne - 23
Trent Alexander-Arnold - 20
Jack Grealish - 19
Riyad Mahrez - 18
Emiliano Buendia - 13
Pascal Gross - 11
Gylfi Sigurdsson - 10

Here it is @Vive_La_Villa

• Thanks 1

I get that’s great to see your players representing his country and also brilliant for the player. It makes the international games worth watching.

But there is no benefit to the club whatsoever. More chance of injury, more exposure, more pressure. 

The longer Southgate leaves him out the better in my opinion. As long he keeps delivering for Villa that’s what counts.

• Like 1

Southgate has to take notice of his performance today, Jack is exciting, hes creative and relentless when he gets in his stride, really would be a mistake to not have him as an option.

The thing is you could actually see Jack as a future England captain, not just a Villa captain.

He played magical today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â