The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 05/07/2010 at 21:02, Mr_Dogg said:

A 14 year old has more technical ability than Adam Johnson?

I await this Messi/Van Basten/Xavi hybrid.

*Scene cuts to Whelan about to take his corner against Derby*

I really don't understand all the diving accusations.  My mate is a fairly rational Wolves fan and he was going on about it recently. 

It's like they just totally ignore the foul which was plain as day in front of their eyes and just see the fall.  It's quite bizzaire.  I do recall a dive or two a few years ago but in the main he's just constantly hacked down or pulled back because he's just breezed past someone.  And the protection he gets from refs is a Joke.  The most fouled player in the league  by something like nearly double the next player yet how many players do you see booked or sent off for fouls on him? 

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I really don't understand all the diving accusations.  My mate is a fairly rational Wolves fan and he was going on about it recently. 

It's like they just totally ignore the foul which was plain as day in front of their eyes and just see the fall.  It's quite bizzaire.  I do recall a dive or two a few years ago but in the main he's just constantly hacked down or pulled back because he's just breezed past someone.  And the protection he gets from refs is a Joke.  The most fouled player in the league  by something like nearly double the next player yet how many players do you see booked or sent off for fouls on him? 

People don't watch him ever because he's in the championship. All they know is he gets fouled a lot and that he's a silky player so they assume he goes down easily.

Talking to my Tottenham fan mate other day and he was saying how "he's always out drinking". So that story from four years ago is still all he associates with him. Ability wise he had him on a par with Harry Winks so we had to stop speaking about football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my opinion Grealish is an expert at moving past players with a spesific move, i.e. change of gravity while dribbling past a man. Sorry I don't know what word you English use for it. When you encounter players like this you either have to take the foul or risk him most likely moving past you. If you are the one that are doing it, it becomes a part of your game play to go down easy, cause if you don't you get a bloody ton of injuries cause refs don't tend to blow until you hit the floor. 

Personally I think the only way to stop a player that does this is to have a player sit on his face all game long never giving him a yard of space. If you limit the space you can avoid getting caught out, all though obviously you open yourself up to other players getting more space. It's just a bastard to play against. 

I am just happy Grealish has made it, cause a few years ago I was very sceptical. I found him way too little direct, with little end product and too weak. He's gotten stronger, more direct and a great player. Unfortunately I think he still lacks end product, but that's just my opinion. Still excellent player and doing a good job as captain so far. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

A perfectly good tackle apparently. It's staggering how often people equate "winning the ball" with "not a foul".

Well, I mean...  We are talking about fans who were raised on this thuggary...  I guess compared to some of this filth, it's a good tackle indeed.

22 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

A perfectly good tackle apparently. It's staggering how often people equate "winning the ball" with "not a foul".

Clearly photoshopped. If Don Goodman says it is a good tackle then it is a bloody good tackle.

#gamesgonesoft. #inmydaywewalkedoffbrokenankles

Don Goodman was ridiculous today.  Almost nothing Leeds did was a foul and every Villa player who went down went down soft. 

Jack could have had a career ending injury today, but it would have been OK until only a couple of years (by which I think he means decades) ago. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Crazy how people associate touching the ball with "winning" it

Absolute pet peeve of mine. Completely destroy the man, but grazed the ball in the process = good tackle? Like how?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Clearly photoshopped. If Don Goodman says it is a good tackle then it is a bloody good tackle.

#gamesgonesoft. #inmydaywewalkedoffbrokenankles

Paul Robinson somebody you would assume was cheering for Leeds said he was lucky to escape a red card

I went on the leeds forum after the game and they all seem to claim that Grealish spends half the time rolling on the floor.

And you know what?

They are absolutely right.

His game is all about keeping the ball close to his feet and he likes to drag it, forcing opponent's to put the foot in. There is nothing wrong with that, and that's one of the reasons he is a very special player.

But to say he is diving or looking for fouls is simply not true.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I went on the leeds forum after the game and they all seem to claim that Grealish spends half the time rolling on the floor.

And you know what?

They are absolutely right.

His game is all about keeping the ball close to his feet and he likes to drag it, forcing opponent's to put the foot in. There is nothing wrong with that, and that's one of the reasons he is a very special player.

But to say he is diving or looking for fouls is simply not true.

Every single one of those fouls were justified. I like how these fans never acknowledge how their managers send the teams out to deliberately take him out of the game. No, it must be that he's diving. Thick words removed.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Every single one of those fouls were justified. I like how these fans never acknowledge how their managers send the teams out to deliberately take him out of the game. No, it must be that he's diving. Thick words removed.

See I'm not sure that's true. It's possible that managers will send teams to tackle Grealish, but I think he gets fouled so often simply because he keeps the ball so much. 

But you could very well be right :)

Â