The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Enda said:

hqdefault.jpg 

Jack's beard keeps reminding me of this.

I was thinking more of when Marvel bring the xmen into the MCU, then Jack can get a part as the new wolverine or gambit..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Forest player spent about 5 minutes in Jack's face trying to rile him up during a break in play. 

Jack doesn't go for that shit anymore. 

Unphased whatever GIF

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Where's that wasteman that was calling Jack overrated in this thread gone? Cmon mate I want to hear your thoughts now 🤣🤣

To be fair if you go back far enough to earlier in the season there was a lot more than just one person saying it. All of whom are notable by their absence now, or at least that opinion anyway. Jack will continue to prove a lot of people wrong in the coming years imo, the guy is far beyond this level and will keep proving as much for the rest of the season. We're lucky to have held onto him for this long, never mind if we somehow managed to do so next season (assuming promotion is beyond us...).

• Like 1

Let's just enjoy Jack's success rather than ridiculing anyone who didn't foresee it like we did. If they don't enjoy his play then it's their loss.

I think I know which poster people are referring to, as I can only think of one who has been consistent and insistent on expressing how Grealish is overrated.

This poster and I have shared our contrasting views and I have to say that I have never read a post from them saying Grealish is a poor player.

He won't be as good as people suggest is the message I was getting. Personally I find it baffling that someone doesn't get excited for Villa with Grealish on the ball.

Each to their own I guess.

He's so far ahead of most of the team these days. Basically our Matt LeTissier (but harder working!) - lifts everyone's game around him, and when he doesn't play we're crap.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

He's so far ahead of most of the team these days. Basically our Matt LeTissier (but harder working!) - lifts everyone's game around him, and when he doesn't play we're crap.

Hopefully he stays like Le Tisser, because he’s on a good wage now and has lost a lot of time this season. He wasn’t being touted for a summer move, I think if he continues as he’s doing  sharks will circle 

6 hours ago, Indigo said:

To be fair if you go back far enough to earlier in the season there was a lot more than just one person saying it. All of whom are notable by their absence now, or at least that opinion anyway. Jack will continue to prove a lot of people wrong in the coming years imo, the guy is far beyond this level and will keep proving as much for the rest of the season. We're lucky to have held onto him for this long, never mind if we somehow managed to do so next season (assuming promotion is beyond us...).

At the start of the season there were people (myself included) saying he wasn't playing well enough and needed to do more. The summer debacle clearly affected him (he's said as much himself I'm sure). That's not the same as thinking he's crap and overrated. Good players can be out of form and while it doesn't change the fact that they're good players, it also doesn't mean they can't be criticised for it.

He's playing amazing now and has added more end product to his game that was missing even last season, let's hope he keeps it up and captains us to promotion!

1 hour ago, weedman said:

At the start of the season there were people (myself included) saying he wasn't playing well enough and needed to do more. The summer debacle clearly affected him (he's said as much himself I'm sure). That's not the same as thinking he's crap and overrated. Good players can be out of form and while it doesn't change the fact that they're good players, it also doesn't mean they can't be criticised for it.

He's playing amazing now and has added more end product to his game that was missing even last season, let's hope he keeps it up and captains us to promotion!

This. Showing his true ability now and seems to be maturing rapidly. Every game he gets hit constantly by the other team and loads of abuse from opposition fans, he just gets up and laughs it off and plays his football. Think giving him the armband has been a vety good move and great for his confidence, seems to have gone to the next level. 

Was brilliant - His banter with Gomez last night. Didn't stop talking shit to each other for a good 3/4 minutes. Shows how much he's matured, got taken out, gave him the death stare, got up and carried on the trash talk. Didn't phase him one bit. 

I love you Jack.  

Jack was actually not at his best last night; Tbh I like this even more.

An over reliance on having him on the pitch is one thing but I'm glad we can at least win without him having to be playing at 100%.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, weedman said:

That's fine and I'm sure you did have that completely balanced viewpoint, but it doesn't really disprove the point that far more than one bloke were throwing out completely outlandish and reactionary opinions on Jack's ability at the start of the season, and that it's all noticeably quieted down now.

Â