The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently he wasnt a steward he was s photographer and he wss kicking because his video equipment was getting trodded on

When I was watching it seemed like this was what was happening. I’m pretty sure he was a photographer and then after all the players were back over the sponsorship boards he was pointing at the floor 

1 minute ago, LoughboroughLion said:

When I was watching it seemed like this was what was happening. I’m pretty sure he was a photographer and then after all the players were back over the sponsorship boards he was pointing at the floor 

If he was a photographer it’s still no excuse what he did. Surely a phone call to Jack or the club in a day or two and he gets a new camera and a nice photograph opportunity. However the West Midlands Police are saying that they have spoken to a steward, but no offence has been reported. So that was either him, or the other idiot with the neck brace who had a go at Mings just as the players were getting back on to the pitch. Or another idiot, there were plenty there to choose from!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

No that's just an automatic yellow card, like taking your shirt off.  I'm sure Jack couldn't have given a shit right at that moment!

No I mean lucky all the players that jumped in to the crowd didn’t get booked too. 

Whats the rule on that?

• Like 1

First tackle is a straight red for me. Straight up rugby tackled near the end and no card. Ref really should be protecting him a lot better, better than the stewards anyway. Insane day for Captain Gresford, hopefully finishes his career with us and we win some trophies together along the way. 

• Like 1

He didn't even mention the fan when interviewed, focused on his performance and his goal.

The reporter had to ask him the question directly for him to talk about the incident. Jack is such a class act.

If it was me i would probably have hammered the fan straight away.

Edited by villalad21

15 minutes ago, romavillan said:

First tackle is a straight red for me. Straight up rugby tackled near the end and no card. Ref really should be protecting him a lot better, better than the stewards anyway. Insane day for Captain Gresford, hopefully finishes his career with us and we win some trophies together along the way. 

Agreed.  Definite red all day long.

Also that is a stonewall penalty for us on 1m32s from the free kick.  Someone clearly being held back all the way through the run into the box. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Regarding the incident, are a couple of our players a bit lucky that they didn’t get sent off?

Im not saying they should have, but I’ve seen various clips over the years of fans running onto the pitch, players attacking them in retaliation and getting a red card for it. 

Couple of our guys, hourihane and Abraham, seemed to have a bit of a dig at the fan. 

They might be lucky that the ref had a bit of common sense in that particular moment. 

I think the game gets abandoned if the ref sends any Villa off. I know I'd withdraw my side from the pitch and formally complain that I didn't feel the safety of the players could be guaranteed if they got punished for standing their ground.  There had to be a lot of goodwill from Villa for that incident to not get really nasty and I'm pretty sure the referee was fully aware that diffusing the tension was definitely the way to go. 

Must be a huge moment for him. Up until the assault, I thought he controlled the game. After the assault he didn’t get into the game (understandably). Second half he raised his game again, everything good went through him. I’m not convinced he actually meant the goal, it was one of those cross shot, he aimed for the back post, if it went in, as it did great, if not he’s hoped Tammy/Green were there at the back post to put it in. 

Showed great maturity to not react after the assault. 

Captain marvel!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

That Kieftenbeld "tackle" was shocking. Full credit to Jack because he just gets up and carries on rather than letting it get to him.

He does this literally every game against us and hasn't picked up a single red card. The referees in this league are a joke. Today's ref had absolutely zero bottle. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

That attack was absoloute disgusting on Grealish. It's true what hendrie said with all the knife crime going on in the country it could of been anything in his hands ither than a punch..

City will no doubt get fined for that, not enough protection on and off the pitch.

Glad Jack got the goal, we need to keep him regardless of whether we go up or not. Grealish deserved the captain's armband but glad it got passed to Mings when he went off because he's so calm and takes charge of those around him.

No doubt the attack on Grealish will overshadow the win over city which is a shame.

I don't see it as a shame i see it as finally the nation see them for what they are.

Â