The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

22 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

He wasn't allowed to play today because the referee allowed every Wigan player at least one if not two fouls on him. All of them could potentially have led to bookings. 

He did as well as could be expected, Wigan made sure they had as many players marking him as possible. Sometimes that's difficult to play against. 

By far our most effective player today, he ran the show, I was amazed that McGinn ran away with the motm award, I think there's a shiny new player factor involved there personally. 

Agreed with this, not even particularly big on stats personally but there's a reason why most of them from yesterday point to him being our most influential player in terms of actually getting on the ball, passing, bringing us up the pitch etc. He was our only attacking player in the game that was constantly involved and that it didn't pass by at some stage over the course of the 90.

Edited by Indigo

On 11/08/2018 at 22:26, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wish he would stop slapping the ground every time he is fouled though as if he is seriously injured.

I think this may be more to do with frustration that being injured.

I thought in the first half Saturday the midfield looked very fluid and were interchanging positions and covering for each other really well.  This dropped off a little in the second half but I do think Jack and John McGinn will form a very good partnership

• Like 1

On 11/08/2018 at 07:18, Demitri_C said:

On your own mate

I just wouldn't have chosen that phraseology it's quite negative. I'd have said something along the lines of 'of course Jack will have been affected by the speculation bubbling all summer, but knowing Jack and how much he loves the club, he'll be ready to give his all for the club again this season'. As was it made it sound like a chore. 

27 minutes ago, Dale said:

I just wouldn't have chosen that phraseology it's quite negative. I'd have said something along the lines of 'of course Jack will have been affected by the speculation bubbling all summer, but knowing Jack and how much he loves the club, he'll be ready to give his all for the club again this season'. As was it made it sound like a chore. 

You can't say I'm negative did you read your comment about bruce ? Was absolutely super negative !

So I guess we are both as bad as each other

On 12/08/2018 at 09:58, Keyblade said:

That would be terrible business. 30m is about the low end of what he's worth to us right now in the Championship. If he helps us get promoted we should ask for a higher fee as a PL team.

Whilst speculating about the terms of a new contract Jack may sign, any release clause value would need to be agreed by the club and Jack with his agent. I’m sure the club would prefer it to be £40m+, but Jack’s agent would probably be pushing for a much lower figure in case his client didn’t have a great season through form and/or injuries.

I’d be happy if Jack signed a new contract, even if the release clause was as ‘low’ as £30m, given the alternative would be Jack and his agent refusing to sign with a high release clause and Villa losing Jack for £15m next summer or for nothing in 2020.

8 hours ago, brommy said:

Whilst speculating about the terms of a new contract Jack may sign, any release clause value would need to be agreed by the club and Jack with his agent. I’m sure the club would prefer it to be £40m+, but Jack’s agent would probably be pushing for a much lower figure in case his client didn’t have a great season through form and/or injuries.

I’d be happy if Jack signed a new contract, even if the release clause was as ‘low’ as £30m, given the alternative would be Jack and his agent refusing to sign with a high release clause and Villa losing Jack for £15m next summer or for nothing in 2020.

Why would Jack leave us in 2020 when he's just helped us qualify for the champions league??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If there is a release clause to let him go should we not get promoted, it will not be anywhere as high as some of you mentioned. I guess it will be no more than £20million.

Jack will be in the last year of his contract so regardless of how good he is, no club would be willing to pay any more if that winter they could pick him up for pennies/talk to as a free agent.

This summer we made a statement by keeping him, but its a real possibility this was the last chance of picking up decent $$$ for him. Unless he decides to stay when we are in PL.

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

If there is a release clause to let him go should we not get promoted, it will not be anywhere as high as some of you mentioned. I guess it will be no more than £20million.

Jack will be in the last year of his contract so regardless of how good he is, no club would be willing to pay any more if that winter they could pick him up for pennies/talk to as a free agent.

This summer we made a statement by keeping him, but its a real possibility this was the last chance of picking up decent $$$ for him. Unless he decides to stay when we are in PL.

He wouldn’t be in the last year of his contract as this non-promotion release clause is rumoured to be part of a new contract that he will sign to make him one of the clubs top earners. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

He wouldn’t be in the last year of his contract as this non-promotion release clause is rumoured to be part of a new contract that he will sign to make him one of the clubs top earners. 

Maybe - unless it's just an improved cash deal for the remainder of his current contract. 

I'm really intrigued what they come up with :)

Â