The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

So a shrewd CEO that in his tenure made Spurs go from being in similar position to us  to becoming established Top 4 side is doing his job very well.

It'd be nice to have a competent CEO at our club. 

I'm not doubting his acumen as a CEO and I'm sure if he delivered that level of success for Villa I'd be in love with the man. But...

His methods have been (in a footballing sense) morally questionable, and it could be suggested that he has slightly rodent like features, therefore I'm allowed to dislike him and take pleasure in him getting a dose of his own medicine ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

So a shrewd CEO that in his tenure made Spurs go from being in similar position to us  to becoming established Top 4 side is doing his job very well.

It'd be nice to have a competent CEO at our club. 

This is business ffs,  don't understand the hate,  he tried to get excellent player for cheap. It didn't pay off this time. He used same strategy before and got Eriksen for 12 million. What a deal.

Eriksen was a great deal funded by selling Bale , the rest of the signings with that windfall where not so great though Erik Lamela, Roberto Soldado, Paulinho, Christian Eriksen, Etienne Capoue, Vlad Chiriches and Nacer Chadli.Let's also not forget that in desperation just 2 years ago they spent £30 mil on a player at a Championship club in Sissoko who has been dreadful for them 

• Like 1

I'm so glad its spurzzz that are growing inpatient for once not us with other clue. 25m reject!

Hope they get fed up and move on. But like I said i think we will accept 28m with add-ons 

Edited by Demitri_C

6 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

So going by the BBC article we want £32m for him... what with the new stadium it might well be a bridge too far for them.

Let's give them a discount because they're building a new stadium. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Which news report to believe? none of them. They’re all saying totally different things.

What is known:

Spurs are interested in some fashion

Jack’s a good player with ambitions

Jack is a Villa fan

Levy is known to try to get players for peanuts

Villa might have needed close to £40m for published financial reasons

The transfer window is about to SLAM SHUT.

Fill in the gaps, journalists.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

We also have to consider Jack's commercial appeal from an advertising and marketing POV, which I don't think will be lost on the current owners. The kids's extremely marketable, his image and playing style (provided he keeps his nose clean). I know its a bit fruity but its a big part of modern football. 

My 6 year old daughter said “I really like Jack Grealish hair” about 7 times during the game the other night. 

Extrapolate that across a world wide fan base and the gel contract alone has to be worth a couple of million. 

9 hours ago, KHV said:

£27m rising to £30m with a 20% sell on clause. We also have a buy back option upon being back in the premier league so I have been told by a reliable source.

It's really like trying to get blood out of a stone with Levy isn't it? This would be closer but not close enough for me. I would tell him £32m rising to £35m with a 25% sell on clause and that buy back option. I would also really love it if he is getting impatient and annoyed with us because that's how we feel about him! 

Really hope they don’t meet the asking price. If I’m being honest I don’t think he is worth what we are asking and could even struggle at that level. He may not even play enough. 

But regardless of that I enjoy watching him play and that’s what matters to me. I couldn’t care less if they offered 40m or 50m. Money in Villa’s bank balance is going to entertain us. 

Please stay Jack.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I'm not doubting his acumen as a CEO and I'm sure if he delivered that level of success for Villa I'd be in love with the man. But...

His methods have been (in a footballing sense) morally questionable, and it could be suggested that he has slightly rodent like features, therefore I'm allowed to dislike him and take pleasure in him getting a dose of his own medicine ?

He definitely doesn’t have a trust worthy face. 

8 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

That's antisemitic, dontchanow? /Corbyn. 

The problem Spurs have is that they don’t have much cash because that Stadium they are paying off will hamstring them for the next 10 years. 

Because of this they’re trying to basement shop or barter down prices, sadly for them we don’t need to sell now so we want the going rate. The London centric media will have a full on whinge but it’s not our fault Spurs are going to fall behind. 

Mitrovic has gone for 22m this summer, Richarlison 40m that’s the market now. A young English player seen as a hot prospect within the game costs £40m plus now 

hopefully we go up this year give Jack a good deal and never have this sort of problem again. 

Edited by Fairy In Boots

8 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Michael Keane – £25m (July 2017) played over 100 games for Burnley including nearly 60 premier league appearances & had played for leicester 27 times in their promotion season

Jordan Pickford – £25m (June 2017) One of the highest rated english keepers, played over 150 games and has stepped up a division just about every year

David Zappacosta – £25m (August 2017) 150+ games in italy, 90 odd in Serie A, can play RB,RM,RW, has also played on the left and capped 12 times for Italy

Kelechi Iheanacho – £25m (August 2017) - Signed from Man City where despite only being 19 he had played 64 games, scoring 21 goals & 8 assists. Has also been capped 20 times for nigeria scoring another 8 goals

Grealish made 34 appearances in the premier league over 2+ seasons & 59 in the championship. If we turn down 25 million + add ons/sell on clause we are mental. We are a championship team selling a championship player with potential

You maybe right but wouldn’t your rather see Jack playing for us than 25 million in the bank? 

He is a top championship player and we are a championship club. We need him more than we need the money. (FFP aside).

Â