The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, Dick said:

Half a season of quality from him, after we stuck by him when he thought he was one of the Inbetweeners, and now when we don't need to sell him he wants to go. If that is the case, I hope a leg break comes quickly.

We do need to sell him!

5 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

It'll go to the final day. I guarantee it!!! 

It's happening people, exactly in the way I've described. Accept it and it'll be slightly less painful come Thursday.

Disagree mate. My prediction. If it happens, everyone will be less upset than when Benteke or Delph left.

If he’s going, I’ll be slightly disappointed but I won’t be too downbeat. It’ll be annoying seeing him go off and play for England and Spurs getting all the credit, but that’s nothing new for us.

We’ve really only had half a season’s worth of good performances out of him, maybe a bit more if you add up previous years, say 30ish games of true quality? 

The quotes from Bruce, Chester and Hutton regarding Grealish make it sound like it’s a case of him wanting it to happen, rather than us needing it to happen. There’s been a lot of “it’s hard for him, loves the club but obviously wants to play at the top level” etc. Could be a bit of a smokescreen for ffp, but that’s how it’s coming across. I think we probably do need to sell, but he also wants to go and ultimately it’s been his choosing.

I don’t wish him any ill, I just don’t care about players once they leave. Same applies to Jack, despite him being a Villa lad.

While it’s great to have one of our own thriving at Villa Park, we have other local lads who want to be play here we can show our support for. This team has shown it can work without Grealish, let’s see how it fares with the new faces coming in who again, want to be here.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 4

With the sudden burst of transfer activity it was clear a decision had been made. Very sad to see him go, but also intrigued to see how he does in the future. Hope it's stellar. 

Now let's use the £ wisely and move on with a new team. 

• Like 1

I'm kinda hoping he only plays a bit part role for Spuds this season not really impressing, then next season when we are back in the prem we offer spuds a decient bid for him and snatch him back where we will start our march towards world domination !!

Said all along - do a deal @ £25m+  - We clear FFP and have the chance to freshen up our squad a bit.

Sorry to see him go and he oozzes class and those body swerves are to die for - his big flaw for me is in front of goal, hopefully he can work on that. I hope he forces his way into the spurs and England team and generally dazzles ...good luck Jack.

For me £25m is not enough. He’s arguably the best player we’ve ever developed and we need him desperately. Why would we sell for that. 

I knows he’s Spanish (therefore fancy) but this goalkeeper Chelsea are singing for £71m. Quality wise and potential I doubt he is almost £50m better than Jack. (I know different positions yadayada)

• Like 3

Â