The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

If Chelsea really are interested we have no chance of keeping him here.

They aren't

My friend works in that area at Chelsea and when I asked her about the rumours she replied with "Who , never heard of him "  .... that's not 100% ITK as such , end of the day she is one of the admin team and not a mover and shaker  , but her info has always been reliable (and profitable :) ) in the past 

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

True and talking of money, Jack is odds of 5/2 to stay at Villa.

Easy money!

i have a £5 free bet i put on a while ago at 5/1...trying not to be confident...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Thats up to him, what im saying is that they will offer the money to get him at the table. 

They could. Can't see Chelsea needing him that much though apart from to fill a quota. And they'd have to spaff shitloads on it. Jack is very very promising but he's not yet at the point everybody would be falling over themselves to get him. That will come. Hopefully once were in the PL, building our own top squad and fencing off bids.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

haha i like your committed consitency on this drawn out process. If he stays, you go up a notch in my book rigo. That puts you at notch #1

And if he's wrong then nothing less than a public stoning and crying fits all round. 

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Interview from Chester suggests he could go ... presumably it comes down to if we receive the right bid ? 

I think its always been that.

I'm personally asking him, through the medium of VillaTalk, to give us five months. If in January he's played a blinder and we're still an abject state of affairs, then he would have given us his all and goes with (my all important) blessing. 

30 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Benteke kept us upthere for two seasons atleast. Some people remember his first year but forget his last year under Sherwood. We had a fantastic second half between him, Delph and Jack.

I would take him back if there was any chance, he’s a confidence player, his confidence won’t come back unless he gets back to where he belong. With our fans he will shine again.

I don't disagree with you on him being a good player and us getting value out of him - I've already said as much. I also know and accept mine may not be the majority view on him.

However, unlike you seem to have -and other fans too because many would welcome him back - I have no warmth towards him at all. He did the job he was supposed to do and in the process earned a lot of money and, more importantly to him than what happened to us as a club, earned himself the move he was playing for. Do I care? No. If he had gone when he first tried to move after a year I'd have antipathy towards him.

The other point where we diverge is you use the term "belong". Like he's one of us. Like he has an emotional connection. Like he cares. He doesn't "belong" here because he isn't one of us, has no emotional connection and doesn't care in the slightest. To be frank, I think that the much-reviled Fabian "snake" Delph holds us in more regard even now than Benteke ever did. I doubt if Benteke has given us another thought as a club since he went up to Liverpool.

And that brings me to the final point - the confidence player syndrome. I don't want confidence players. I want confident players. Confidence players can be - that awful cliche - "unplayable on their day" but are often inconsistent, go missing, can get their arse in their hands and are dead weight when their confidence is unaligned with requirements.

Confident players deliver. They may not be spectacular but I'd rather have a team full of confident players turning in 100% every time than an "unplayable on their day" guy taking one of the shirts because whose "unplayability" is dependent on his mood levels. And he'd be damn expensive. :lol: This guy isn't Hutton. He's not going to take a mammoth pay cut to come here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, privateer said:

I don't disagree with you on him being a good player and us getting value out of him - I've already said as much. I also know and accept mine may not be the majority view on him.

However, unlike you seem to have -and other fans too because many would welcome him back - I have no warmth towards him at all. He did the job he was supposed to do and in the process earned a lot of money and, more importantly to him than what happened to us as a club, earned himself the move he was playing for. Do I care? No. If he had gone when he first tried to move after a year I'd have antipathy towards him.

The other point where we diverge is you use the term "belong". Like he's one of us. Like he has an emotional connection. Like he cares. He doesn't "belong" here because he isn't one of us, has no emotional connection and doesn't care in the slightest. To be frank, I think that the much-reviled Fabian "snake" Delph holds us in more regard even now than Benteke ever did. I doubt if Benteke has given us another thought as a club since he went up to Liverpool.

And that brings me to the final point - the confidence player syndrome. I don't want confidence players. I want confident players. Confidence players can be - that awful cliche - "unplayable on their day" but are often inconsistent, go missing, can get their arse in their hands and are dead weight when their confidence is unaligned with requirements.

Confident players deliver. They may not be spectacular but I'd rather have a team full of confident players turning in 100% every time than an "unplayable on their day" guy taking one of the shirts because whose "unplayability" is dependent on his mood levels. And he'd be damn expensive. :lol: This guy isn't Hutton. He's not going to take a mammoth pay cut to come here.

Top post mate!

8 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Villa fan or not Grealish's career means more to him.

He has the ability to further his career and i would not hold that against him.

I hope we get some really good money for him if he does leave.

Why can't he stay and further his career? Have we not just been taken over by fabulous wealthy and well connected people? Isn't the future bright? Isn't he only 22?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Why can't he stay and further his career? Have we not just been taken over by fabulous wealthy and well connected people? Isn't the future bright? Isn't he only 22?

Exactly this.

Might he need to leave to further his career? Yes. (He probably will need to leave to further his career).

Does he need to leave to further his career this season? Absolutely not. 

• Like 2

Â