The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

He want's to stay, but unfortunately we have a 40m black hole in regards to FFP and he is the most saleable asset we have so ultimately we have to sell him. The decision has been made to sell him whether he likes it or not.

Can't sell him if he won't sign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Can't sell him if he won't sign.

It will just mean we have to sell 5-6 first team players instead of Jack... ultimately the decision is going to be sell Jack to keep the rest of the squad for next season.

I don't know how a potential takeover influences FFP, but I'm pretty sure the 40M FFP blackhole we have created for ourselves will be there regardless of who owns the club.

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

It will just mean we have to sell 5-6 first team players instead of Jack... ultimately the decision is going to be sell Jack to keep the rest of the squad for next season.

I don't know how a potential takeover influences FFP, but I'm pretty sure the 40M FFP blackhole we have created for ourselves will be there regardless of who owns the club.

I'd rather sell Chester and Kodija than Jack to be honest provided we can get a couple of loans.

Nobody else has any resale value anyway.

• Like 2

If we get new owners maybe we can hold on to him until January. If we're near the top, keep him. If we're not, we should stop holding him back and sell him. Usually prices are so inflated in January---it might be appealing getting a Jack-type bargain.

6 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

If we get new owners maybe we can hold on to him until January. If we're near the top, keep him. If we're not, we should stop holding him back and sell him. Usually prices are so inflated in January---it might be appealing getting a Jack-type bargain.

Yeah, I agree. The only reason to sell him now would be to stop the club going out of existence. FFP doesn't come into play until March so if we do get owners who can keep the club afloat then it's well within our interest to keep him until at least January. He may have an amazing half season and his price might double.

But hopefully we can just keep him somehow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Yeah, I agree. The only reason to sell him now would be to stop the club going out of existence. FFP doesn't come into play until March so if we do get owners who can keep the club afloat then it's well within our interest to keep him until at least January. He may have an amazing half season and his price might double.

But hopefully we can just keep him somehow.

Exactly...if he has a good first half of the season there should be more clubs in for him. Therefore we'd have a better chance of getting more money for him too.

We cannot just sell him to pay the bills. That would be so depressing.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I would happily sell 5-6 first team players. None of them are as integral as Jack...or even combined.

Sell Adomah, Bjarnason, Jedinak, Lansbury, Elphick and promote some of the youngsters in their place won't be the end of the world. We still have a strong core. Sell Grealish though and we're ripping up our future.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

So we have to basically pray that all the top clubs in England take a Moneyball approach to transfers, only care about stats and dont actually watch potential targets. Alrighty then

I'm pretty sure that's how it is. Unless you play in the top flight, your performances are overlooked. If you get noticed it will be for your stats a la James Maddison.

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I would happily sell 5-6 first team players. None of them are as integral as Jack...or even combined.

Sell Adomah, Bjarnason, Jedinak, Lansbury, Elphick and promote some of the youngsters in their place won't be the end of the world. We still have a strong core. Sell Grealish though and we're ripping up our future.

I would love that as well but in all honesty it won't happen.

Adomah £5M, Bjarnason £5M, Jedinak £1M, Lansbury £3M, Elphick £1m - £15M... plus possibly a 1-2M saving on wages

If Jack were to be sold for £25M thats a £10M difference

However the only reason we have to sell Jack is due to the FFP... but we still havent been given an actual figure we need to make up by the club. Press speculation is between £30M and £40M... there is a chance it is less than that, in which case we could probably take the 'wait until January for sales' approach

15 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Press speculation is between £30M and £40M... there is a chance it is less than that

There isn't a chance it is less than that. It's likely to be a bit more than that if anything.

It's complicated, but last season FFP allowed us to lose 61million in total ove rthat season plus the previous 2. Next season FFP will allow us to lose 39 million over the season, plus the previous 2. So that's a change of £22 million.  On top of that our income from parachute money drops from 33 million to 15 million - another 18 million. So  just those 2 factors add up to a 40 million swing for the worse.

Then we need to consider whether things like gate money and TV money are going to increase or decrease next season. The odds are for a drop in them, too. The situation is grim.

• Like 1

What is the worst that can happen if Villa don’t meet FFP rules? A fine, docked points?

If there is a takeover in the offing as mooted in the takeover thread then surely the fine would be paid and Villa would still gain enough points to stay in the Championship if able to retain players like Grealish?

Edited by striker

8 minutes ago, striker said:

What is the worst that can happen if Villa don’t meet FFP rules? A fine, docked points?

If there is a takeover in the offing as mooted in the takeover thread then surely the fine would be paid and Villa would still gain enough points to stay in the Championship if able to retain players like Grealish?

A fine, a points deduction and a transfer embargo

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

He want's to stay, but unfortunately we have a 40m black hole in regards to FFP and he is the most saleable asset we have so ultimately we have to sell him. The decision has been made to sell him whether he likes it or not.

I know that. I just love hearing his love for the club so wanted to know what he'd said :D

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

It would be a massive fine, over 10M in debt accrues a fine valued at 100% of the debt!!

It's ridiculous isn't it. I wonder who thought fining clubs in financial crisis was a good way of dealing with the problem!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KHV said:

It's ridiculous isn't it. I wonder who thought fining clubs in financial crisis was a good way of dealing with the problem!

Probably the same people that decided SKY having sole rights to the football was bad for the consumer, Now you need 3 different subscriptions costing hundreds instead of one for £25 and teams like watford now rank in the top 20 world football rich lists due to the insane amount of money the clubs receive from TV companies being forced to bid higher & higher amounts against each other to show games

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 2

Â