The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm honestly close to being done.

If he was forcing a move to go and play in the PL, I'd think nothing of it, but a fantastic prospect being forced out to balance the books because our dodgy chairman bet the club's future, and failed?

**** this, and **** Tony Xia.

Multi billionaire my arse, what a **** fraud. 

I've reached this point. Not renewed my season ticket. **** Dr Tony for sure. Absolute moron. 

Not stepping foot in VP till he's gone, and you know what... I genuinely won't miss it.

Edited by PieFacE

Just listened to that Bruce sky sports interview and can't express how angry it has made me.

We have gambled our financial stability and keeping the best prospect we've have in decades for little more than overpaid wkers brought in by financially inept Representatives for dckhds.

Edited by VERB27
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, HAL said:

and what do we do next season when we are still skint and have lost our best player ?

This, we will have to sell any bright lights from next season using player sales to generate revenue to pay for a stupid gamble on promotion and the purchase of shit players on massive salaries .

It's a downward cycle that's many clubs who drop out of the premier league will follow, unless they are managed correctly by people who know what here doing.

Maybe Grealish should go to a lesser club with more add-ons for us come his next move. ...... unfortunately we're desperate , undisclosed fee is my guess .

• Like 1

Been supporting Villa since the late 80's and my apathy for the club I love grew once Lambert came on board and we seemingly lost every week. Finally we got relegated which we fully deserved. 

My belief grew again and - I admit - i enjoyed the championship- not the same old "Chelsea's, United's etc" and we were a force again, a club to be respected and feared. But guess what we are there again Villa the gift that keeps kicking you in the guts just when you start to believe. 

Now it's found a new way of doing it. Unearth a genuine, potentially amazing talent, Villa through and through and sell him not because he wants to go or because we have an offer too good to turn down which can be invested in strengthening the team. No, because once again we haven't learnt, we effed up. 

Thanks Villa and more importantly thanks Xia for not giving a crap about us fans who sweat blood for this club.

• Like 2

We all knew he was leaving but it’s still gutting to hear it pretty much  confirmed. 

He was the only thing that made Villa worth watching last season. 

I don’t think I’ve ever felt this sad about a player leaving the club and that even includes Dwight Yorke. 

• Like 2

Why sell on the cheap if for FFP?! Think about it, if it's not going to help us break even then why bother selling him as we'll not meet the criteria anyway. 

Once again, I suspect FFP is being used as a convenient excuse. We're selling him and the others to help Xia's bank balance and nothing more.

Seriously, I've gone over it a million times before but what real threat is FFP to a team like us?! They might give us a transfer embargo (we've given one to ourselves), they might reduce our squad size (we're doing that ourselves too) they might dock us a few points (we'll lose far more by losing the better players). Oh but they also might stop us playing in Europe! The only other thing is a fine, most which are way way less than even £5m. 

So really this is all about the fact we are broke and Xia is selling all our assets before we go in to administration anyway. FFP has ZERO to do with any of this.

1 minute ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Been supporting Villa since the late 80's and my apathy for the club I love grew once Lambert came on board and we seemingly lost every week. Finally we got relegated which we fully deserved. 

My belief grew again and - I admit - i enjoyed the championship- not the same old "Chelsea's, United's etc" and we were a force again, a club to be respected and feared. But guess what we are there again Villa the gift that keeps kicking you in the guts just when you start to believe. 

Now it's found a new way of doing it. Unearth a genuine, potentially amazing talent, Villa through and through and sell him not because he wants to go or because we have an offer too good to turn down which can be invested in strengthening the team. No, because once again we haven't learnt, we effed up. 

Thanks Villa and more importantly thanks Xia for not giving a crap about us fans who sweat blood for this club.

Well said, it seems everytime something good happens to Villa or when we sign a relatively unknown player who turns into gold we lose him and start back at the beginning, that the good it is too good to be true and we ultimately end up losing ? 

• Like 1

On 08/07/2018 at 16:03, bannedfromHandV said:

And if we'd cracked the top 4 Milner, Barry and Young wouldn't have left, if we'd won the FA Cup maybe Benteke and Delph would have stuck it out another year. 

Again, I repeat, what is actually new abour having to sell our better players? 

Edit - particularly now that we're a second tier team

For me the main difference was that they weren’t the only top players at the club and the club also attempted to reinvest the money. (Even if did it badly).

Losing what is by far our best player and not being able to see the money spent on rebuilding the team is what makes it harder to stomach. 

• Like 1

Not really a big surprise that Grealish has to be sold as it has been pretty clear we are in a financial mess and selling him is the quickest route to improving our financial position.

UTV - get behind the lads next sesson as they'll need our support.

O'Hare will be a decent replacement with Hourihane filling in whenever O'Hare needs resting.

Really sad to see Jack go though. Just loved the way he caresses his passes and I'll miss that but I hope Villa get a decent fee to make sure there won't be too many more sales. 

6 minutes ago, striker said:

O'Hare will be a decent replacement with Hourihane filling in whenever O'Hare needs resting.

Really sad to see Jack go though. Just loved the way he caresses his passes and I'll miss that but I hope Villa get a decent fee to make sure there won't be too many more sales. 

He can't replace Jack when he's injured and going to be out for ages. 

The irony is we’re as big as Spurs traditionally, we’ve just spent the last decade being **** by poor leadership, Spurs have had the exact opposite. He’s had his pick of destination, Spurs is where he’s going. We’re holding out for a fee. levy waiting to drive it down as desperation takes hold. No other horses in the race 

Edited by Fairy In Boots
  • Like 1

This is a dark day but no surprise. Club ran by idiots which has caused this mess not just Xia. Especially with a well known flawed policy of overpaid old players. I said when we hired Bruce this is what he left at Hull, Wigan and Sunderland and no surprise he has done the same at Villa

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This is a dark day but no surprise. Club ran by idiots which has caused this mess not just Xia. Especially with a well known flawed policy of overpaid old players. I said when we hired Bruce this is what he left at Hull, Wigan and Sunderland and no surprise he has done the same at Villa

If the owner wasn't the multi-billionaire he said he was then he shouldn't have made the money available.

Champagne tastes and lemonade pockets.

• Like 3

I'm actually furious that it's been let to come to this point. Honestly we should bring the same energy to Xia that we brought to Lerner in his last days. Hound him the **** out of this club for bringing us to this point.

• Like 2

Â