The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

maddison has better stats meaning that anyone who hasn't watched the pair of them (which is a lot of people) will almost automatically say jack is worth less

21 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Maddison 2017 season : Appearances 49 Goals 15, Assists 11, Minutes played 4112

Grealish 2017 season : Appearances 34 Goals 3, Assists 8, Minutes played 2361

Norwich only scored 49 goals, Maddison scored or created over half of them..

Anyone who thinks we are getting 40 million is mad

Hell if you take Grealish entire career for us his stats don't even match one season of maddison

Grealish total premier league, championship & cup : Appearances 108 Goals 9, Assists 14, Minutes played 6268

:D

:D

9 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Wow. Where to start?

1) Heskey being picked for 62 England caps says different to your opinion that he was so poorly rated.

2) Look in the Davis thread and you’ll see people positively comparing him to Heskey, in terms of his strength, hold up play and supplying others around him.

3) I assume your comment was aimed at me, as no-one else in here is talking about our kids (Jack isn’t considered a kid now, I guess), but you will not find a post on this forum where I say that Bruce is too afraid to play kids. Fans thinking that an alternative manager may be able to DEVELOP our youth better than Bruce does not necessarily mean that we don’t think Bruce plays kids.

4) Nice attempt at a pointless dig using a pointless... point. :thumb:

If Davis ends up being half the player Heskey was in his prime then I'll be chuffed to bits.

• Like 2

Maddison's a very good player at this level.

Norwich have actually got some good fees for their players in recent times, they sold one of the Murphy twins to Newcastle for 11m last summer.

Pretty sure Coventy have a sell on clause so they'll probably get 5m of the 25m if they played their cards right.

We certainly shouldn't be accepting that joke 15m bid for Jack anyway as we can get 20m + for him no problem.

• Like 1

Price starts at £25m for Jack now Maddison has gone. Maddison is a very good player but anyone with half a football brain can see that Jack is better and more importantly has a higher ceiling. Plus he has performed against the very best teams as well (Man City, Liverpool etc). 

Liverpool now on the sniff as well (though original source is the Sun so likely bollocks). If they are going to get closer than Levy's pathetic offer then it's worrying, though I can't help thinking that 99% of transfer rumours for the PL are nonsense while the World Cup is on as all attention will be there.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jack-grealish-liverpool-tottenham-spurs-14806764

23 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I can't help thinking that 99% of transfer rumours for the PL are nonsense while the World Cup is on

It's not just when the world cup is on, it's all the time. 

• Like 2

yep its all cloak and dagger bollocks driven by agents and the clubs

leicester want maddison, leak a story about jack to try and get a deal done

liverpool want fekir, leak a story about jack to try and get a deal done

jack's agent wants to get him a new contract (and a bonus for himself) links him to every club under the sun

villa have genuinely received a couple of offers for him, leak stories about other clubs offering more money

take all of it with a pinch of salt 

liverpool with a track record of producing diving players would be a bad move for JG.he is better when he stays up right. liverpool would just turn him into a free kick stooge

He needs to add urgency to his game, still a bit pedestrian and slow on the ball.

Sure Klopp and his team would drill him in this and make him even better.

Still hope he stays but could be a good move for him in the long run.

10 hours ago, romavillan said:

All I want to read in here is how he's just signed a new 5 year deal to stay with us.

Maybe if he's totally Villa nuts, he might agree 1 year just to keep the Vultures away next season. But he's got to go next season if we don't get promoted for the good of his career. Any normal player of his promise and ability would be screaming for a transfer. 

Thank god our only really really gifted player bleeds Claret and Blue. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Maybe if he's totally Villa nuts, he might agree 1 year just to keep the Vultures away next season. But he's got to go next season if we don't get promoted for the good of his career. Any normal player of his promise and ability would be screaming for a transfer. 

Thank god our only really really gifted player bleeds Claret and Blue. 

Yeah maybe he could sign a 1 year extension this summer with the understanding that if we are in the shit in the league by January he can go with our blessing. But all the journos seem convinced that he's moving soon because of the bills - very depressing.

As much as I love him and think he's got the talent to go all the way, objectively, he has only performed consistently for 6 months at Championship level and he had a great FA Cup semi-final 3 years ago. Based on that, his advisors could make an argument that staying at this level for another season would be best for his development (Will Hughes style) but I say this knowing that theres a slim to zero chance of that happening.

• Like 2

Â