The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I have a mate who is a closet wolves fan (probably the only one in Ireland) sent me a text

Mind the gap Aston Villa hahaha Wolves ay we 1f917.png?_nc_eui2=AeEQ4LIRO3QMFOIn-PXAY?1f44c.png?_nc_eui2=AeFpGwQoHGb5zoQbQmzzn?1f923.png?_nc_eui2=AeF9OPdeazQ2H51eWUlvs? good to see these two scum bags crying on TV too. Don't worry we'll take him for £10m. That's good money for a championship club.

Arrogant Prick.

jackjohn.jpg

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we have any ambition at all selling him is simply not an option at any cost.

That would almost be ripping the soul out of the club at this point.

Totally agree. I think with him still here we can again have a real tilt at promotion. If he goes regardless of whether we get, 15 mill, 20 mill or 40 mill our chances of going up would become less as he is irreplaceable at this level in terms of ability and the the heart and passion he brings to the team.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

Yup, I don't really see a positive return on selling Grealish, even for a significant sum. We would struggle to replace him with better, but we could in theory get 2 or three decent players for the money we could recoup. 

Honestly I don't think we need one or two decent players, we need match winners, and Jack's a match winner. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Totally agree. I think with him still here we can again have a real tilt at promotion. If he goes regardless of whether we get, 15 mill, 20 mill or 40 mill our chances of going up would become less as he is irreplaceable at this level in terms of ability and the the heart and passion he brings to the team.

but he needs support in the middle.....Fulham had Cairney, McDonald & Johansen.

Its not time for recriminations but Hourihane and Jed have not got the ball control for me.

• Like 1

Of course we want to keep him.  But when spurs or arsenal or Chelsea offer him a salary far above what we can touch, he’ll want to go.  And for his own best interest probably should. 

I think we will be forced to sell.  And we should get at least 25.  

This is why fooking around in the second tier  is a disaster.  You can’t pay the fees or the wages that top players warrant.  The 25 will be some consolation.  But we’re better off with jack.  

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Of course we want to keep him.  But when spurs or arsenal or Chelsea offer him a salary far above what we can touch, he’ll want to go.  And for his own best interest probably should. 

This is why fooking around in the second tier  is a disaster.  You can’t pay the fees or the wages that top players warrant.  The 25 will be some consolation.  But we’re better off with jack.  

No lie I would genuinely consider just not watching us if we sold him.

He will be an even BETTER player next season and he already belongs to us, AND is almost our new Mr. Aston Villa.

Would put a huge dent in our identity and optimism going forward.

For me he should be the Talisman and Ohare should step in when he is injured.

Have you seen our results without him?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I think if Pochettino gets his hands on Jack he will be absolutely brilliant.  Anyone else can **** right off.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No lie I would genuinely consider just not watching us if we sold him.

He will be an even BETTER player next season and he already belongs to us, AND is almost our new Mr. Aston Villa.

Would put a huge dent in our identity and optimism going forward.

For me he should be the Talisman and Ohare should step in when he is injured.

Have you seen our results without him?

I agree completely. But would add that he is so good that teams who can double his wages will be after him.  We won’t be able to compete. OR. we’ll force him to stay.  Hardly the workings of a great partnership with great rewards for both parties.  

8 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I agree completely. But would add that he is so good that teams who can double his wages will be after him.  We won’t be able to compete. OR. we’ll force him to stay.  Hardly the workings of a great partnership with great rewards for both parties.  

Selling Grealish could help hugely ease the shortfall in finance next season and allow us to keep many of this seasons squad - however I’d rather sell kodjia and adomah along with a couple of others than lose our real crown jewel .

A fit Grealish would be huge in our promotion bid next year - losing him along with JT snoddy and Johnstone and we would have a real struggle to get up - it would also send a message to Chester that it may be time to look elsewhere  if the club lose Grealish along with those mentioned - vital he stays for me 

Edited by Eastie

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think if Pochettino gets his hands on Jack he will be absolutely brilliant.  Anyone else can **** right off.

Can see him going somewhere like Everton where he would be a top player and get a regular place too - hopefully we keep him 

I'm hoping he canbe our Totti, one club players do exist (De Rossi is on the way too). He's been with us since he was 6 and he says a fan since 4 years old. We should not be letting him go, we should be building a team around him.

IF he is sold, the only way it would be acceptable is if the fee covers rebuilding the team. Not buying a replacement for him, building a team.

• Like 2

He isn't going to a top 6 team, Doubt he would even trouble most of their u23 teams.

3 goals & 8 assists in 34 games for what is probably the strongest team in the league with a budget much higher than just about everyone else doesn't exactly make him stand out from the crowd.

He isn't even in our top 3 midfielders this year. Hourihane, Snodgrass & Adomah have contributed far, far more this year

Edited by LakotaDakota

I'm having a break from football for a while, I'm tired of it sapping joy from life at every effing opportunity. I want to recharge and return to my same old seat again next year and see what disasters unfold then...

However I wanted to see what the feelings on Grealish were after yesterday. By no means do I think he was awful/the worst player etc, but I do think he was far far more interested in HIM getting Villa up than Villa getting up. He didn't release the ball once. He was back to the flashy Hollywood moves with no end product player he was 12months ago.

I'm happy for him to be sold. Helps Villa financially, might mean we build a team and might actually help him being a team where his selfishness/desperation to be the hero is not encouraged because "he's one of our own". No animosity but I couldn't care less if was sold tomorrow, he's nowhere near our most important player.

Â