The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

42 minutes ago, Rodders said:

He really should leave for the Premier League this season.. Too good for the championship. Get around £15m for him and rebuild the side.

£15 mil? Is that for his right or left foot?

Will be interesting to see what his value is as the offers will almost certainly roll in this summer, will also be interesting to see his response. It's clearly time for him to go from the prospective of 'what's best for his career'.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

In the over inflated world of the PL he should cost upwards of 30 mill but thanks to the bad decisions made by the club meaning we will now be scratching behind the sofa for cash i think we will take a reduced fee for him.

In relation to Grealish's transfer value don't forget these comments from the manager last month.

Given he has at a minimum kept up the level of performance (IMO he is improving) we're talking big bucks..

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/04/20/steve-bruce-jack-grealish-is-worth-at-least-40million/

Leicester City were this week linked with a £20million summer bid, but boss Bruce scoffed: “That won’t even buy you his right leg.”

Grealish has enjoyed the most consistent form of his career since returning from serious injury in December and Bruce believes Villa’s homegrown hero has the ability to play in any team.

The manager accepts the 22-year-old’s future will become the subject of speculation, should Villa fail to win promotion.

But he said: “I saw Leicester for £20m. That money now gets you a Harry Maguire, who played 30 times for Hull.

“Sam Clucas was £20m. No disrespect to them – I had both players – but how can you have Jack at that price?

“Jordan Henderson was £19million when I sold him to Liverpool from Sunderland eight years ago.

“You would have to double that to think about even blinking. Reports are reports. I am going to have that all summer, I would think.

“I am delighted Jack is getting recognition for what he is doing on the pitch.

“But I think I can safely say £20million would not buy his right leg at the moment, that is for sure.”

While Bruce admits Grealish still has room to improve, he reckons the playmaker is already good enough to play in the Premier League.

“We are Aston Villa and he is an Villa fan but of course he wants to play in the big league, everyone does,” said Bruce.

“If we can get there for all the players - not just Jack - that’s where we all want to be.

“Jack could play in any team. He has that natural balance. The one thing he has tp do is focus on what he does best on pitch.

“When he does that he is as good a talent as I have had over my management years. He is that good.

“If he keeps progressing and his feet on the floor then the world is his oyster because he is naturally a very good footballer.”

Read more at https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/04/20/steve-bruce-jack-grealish-is-worth-at-least-40million/#rQdbDkg3WkcFmKFf.99

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I don't care how much clubs throw at us to take him off our hands. We have to keep him at all costs. He has the talent and desire to single-handedly lead us back to the PL.

This

I don’t see any scenario at all where he leaves this summer, all these fears are totally unnecessary in my view.

And Leicester ??!! They could just as easily be relegated next season as do well... if and when he leaves it’ll be for one of the Top 6 - ie those Clubs that have a realistic chance of staying in the League !!

21 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I don't care how much clubs throw at us to take him off our hands. We have to keep him at all costs. He has the talent and desire to single-handedly lead us back to the PL.

As he was this year, right?

There's really no sense in him going to a club outside the top 6 because he could just as easily come back down (and possibly swap leagues with us) next season a la Traore. Such is the nature of the PL that at least 12 teams will be scrapping for survival.

He should give it one more go for his beloved club after coming so tantalizingly close this year.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don’t see any scenario at all where he leaves this summer, all these fears are totally unnecessary in my view.

And Leicester ??!! They could just as easily be relegated next season as do well... if and when he leaves it’ll be for one of the Top 6 - ie those Clubs that have a realistic chance of staying in the League !!

Really? No scenario at all. He's a great player with the potential to fit in any most Premier league clubs. Spurs sell one or two of their players, Grealish is at least someone they think about.  I don't know how he doesn't go, imo. 

• Like 1

I still think the biggest threat to us keeping Grealish doesn't come from the predatory desires of other clubs, for me it's more likely that the threat will come from our internal desire to push him out in order to finance our reconstruction.

We're constrained financially and we're going to need 8-12 players in order to have a workable squad next season - those two situations don't fit well together - if we can raise £60m through the sale of one player, then we might have to sacrifice him in order to have a team that functions as a going concern in August.

And yes, I think £60m is a fair valuation of him. 

• Like 1

Â