The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Probably the right time for Grealish to move in the summer. Another season of lower league football won't really help develop him much.

Obviously he'll need to play somewhere he get's enough game time, but you also develop a lot by training with better players under better coaches.

Hopefully he'll get all this with us in the PL next season.

But I would not fault him if he did move on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

No probs. Good to see our manager rates Grealish so highly and for anyone to take Grealish off us next season they will have to pay through the nose to get him.

Agree, the likes of Clucas going for £20m outline what you get for your money these days, I mean we paid £12m for McCormack and a similar amount for Hogan, Grealish is worth way more than any of those three players in my opinion.

This was a point I was trying to make the other day, plus as an unwilling seller the buying club need to try a hell of a lot harder to tempt us with an above market value offer. Leicester will cash in on Mahrez this summer for big money, they need to send most of that our way to even make us even consider the bid.

• Like 1

A couple of things on that - firstly good to see we're not undervaluing him - in a modern marketplace he's worth a fortune. Secondly, I wonder if this is the manager/club establishing the importance of the money we can get for Jack to next years budget - at the end of this season we need to rebuild this squad, we'll need 10-12 players - if we're in the championship Jack might be the only way we can pay for that and I think the club appreciate his value in more ways than one.

• Like 1

There's obviously even more money in the PL now, but Derby only got about £8-9 m for Will Hughes last summer.

I'll imagine any initial offer for Grealish would be around £15 m.

How much we'll get if we end up forced to sell him is any ones's guess and will largely be down to how determined he is to leave.

Hopefully he'll be with us for many seasons yet playing in the PL.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

what do we do if Leicester put an offer in for just the leg? :wacko:

They'll get no body.:clap:

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

what do we do if Leicester put an offer in for just the leg? :wacko:

It makes sense, we should dismember him and sell each part for massive dollar. I might put a cheeky bid in for his left ball, if a leg is 20 mill, then a ball is surely about 1.5 mill, who needs a house and a pension and a future lottery win anyway?

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

A couple of things on that - firstly good to see we're not undervaluing him - in a modern marketplace he's worth a fortune. Secondly, I wonder if this is the manager/club establishing the importance of the money we can get for Jack to next years budget - at the end of this season we need to rebuild this squad, we'll need 10-12 players - if we're in the championship Jack might be the only way we can pay for that and I think the club appreciate his value in more ways than one.

We're overvaluing him based on that article, not that I'm bothered, but £40m is close to what Liverpool paid for Salah LOL

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We're overvaluing him based on that article, not that I'm bothered, but £40m is close to what Liverpool paid for Salah LOL

Brighton signed Pascal Gross for £3m so seems like Liverpool overpaid for Salah. 

7 hours ago, sne said:

There's obviously even more money in the PL now, but Derby only got about £8-9 m for Will Hughes last summer.

I'll imagine any initial offer for Grealish would be around £15 m.

How much we'll get if we end up forced to sell him is any ones's guess and will largely be down to how determined he is to leave.

Hopefully he'll be with us for many seasons yet playing in the PL.

Will was in the last year of his contract? 

• Like 1

Â