The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

**** hell you lot are grim.

Is that his dad perchance? Always been a bit of a 'interesting character' hasn't he. As if he'd say that to somebody he had just added on Facebook. Pathetic.

I'd take no notice of his cries for attention until something concrete comes of it. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:**** hell you lot are grim.

Is that his dad perchance? Always been a bit of a 'interesting character' hasn't he. As if he'd say that to somebody he had just added on Facebook. Pathetic.

I'd take no notice of his cries for attention until something concrete comes of it. 

Is who his dad and what has been said as a cry for help?

There's been a lot of strong statements on the last few pages of this thread and I've yet to see any need.

Off topic, but there are a few crackers in this thread from 2010!!

On 05/07/2010 at 23:20, sir_gary_cahill said:

I'd say Adam Johnson is a good comparison but Grealish has far more technical ability

On 06/07/2010 at 02:55, AVFC-Prideofbrum said:

Yeah but how the hell would he know how good Johnson was when he was 14?

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

**** hell you lot are grim.

Yes Kevin is his father.

6 minutes ago, brommy said:

Is who his dad and what has been said as a cry for help?

There's been a lot of strong statements on the last few pages of this thread and I've yet to see any need.

The guy quoted as saying "we'll see" when a fan who he had just added on Facebook asked him if Jack is leaving. It's on the previous page. 

Not fussed he actually hinders us in games. Gets knocked off the ball very easily, gets frustrated, goes on to foul player who knocked him off the ball + rinse and repeat. If he was that great we wouldn't have got relegated or be mid table in the Championship. That said I would be expecting 10 million + for him.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The guy quoted as saying "we'll see" when a fan who he had just added on Facebook asked him if Jack is leaving. It's on the previous page. 

If it is actually Kevin Grealish, he's Jack's brother. So, we have supposed interest from borough yet no mention that I've read of what the offer is. We've subsequently have a totally noncommittal message on social medial that may or may not have been from Jack's brother. I still don't see why this is anywhere near bad business for Villa yet.

If Grealish wasn't one of our "own" he would get far less sympathy. All fart and no shit, he and more importantly his family, think that he is something far more than his is. If he was that good He should be tearing this league apart regardless of the midfield he's been playing with. He hasn't been and that's because in my opinion he's not that good. Flog him for Rhodes. Rhode's goals in the championship are guaranteed. Jedi or Adomah, Thor, Conor, Lansbury, kodija and Rhodes. That will get us to 6th and if we finish in the playoffs with that form we get promoted and Jack then wouldnt even get on our bench.

10 minutes ago, brommy said:

If it is actually Kevin Grealish, he's Jack's brother. So, we have supposed interest from borough yet no mention that I've read of what the offer is. We've subsequently have a totally noncommittal message on social medial that may or may not have been from Jack's brother. I still don't see why this is anywhere near bad business for Villa yet.

Kevan is his brother. They're different names. 

I've not said it's true to be honest. Edit - the rumours of Jack leaving that is. I believe that is his dad. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I've not said it's true to be honest. Edit - the rumours of Jack leaving that is. I believe that is his dad. 

Jack's Dad is leaving us?

Nnnnnnooooooo!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Analogies are fun.  But they all have weaknesses.  This one assumes the value will increase with a bit of care and attention and time.   IMO the more we treat Jack as a golden child, the less likely he is to come good and increase value.   If you assume or guarantee he will rise to all his obvious  potential with some time, care and tending.  I would agree we should keep him at all costs.  I'm just more inclined to assume the opposite.  I think it's more likely he will not mature to his potential.  

Your argument makes no sense. 

If we sell him, then I literally could not give two **** about his future development. It's only of any interest to me if he stays. 

I'm interested in Villa winning, not maximising Grealish's potential at Middlesborough.

Of course we shouldn't sell him, especially to a side we'll be above in the pyramid before he's even hit his prime. Madness. 

22 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ah I remember now. I thought that 'Kevan' was a deliberate misspelling on VT as 'Kevan' isn't even a name. I bet his parents were asked if they were sure when his birth was registered. Kevin is his dad's name (makes naming his son 'Kevan' even weirder!) but even assuming it is a genuine account, it's still a noncommittal message.

I was posting in regard to some of the posts written as if it was a done deal, yet I'm still to find any detail about an offer. In fact, one newspaper has us using Jack plus cash to get Rhodes, yet says we value Grealish at £20m. Does that mean we value Rhodes at greater than £20m because the same article then goes on to say we've already offered £10m for Rhodes and it's Rhodes plus unspecified cash for Grealish! All somewhat contradictory!

I've no idea whether Grealish will realise the potential he has shown in all too brief patches, at Villa (or anywhere for that matter), but it might be that Bruce has seen enough of Jack on the pitch and in training to trust his own vast experience that Jack is not a good fit for our club. Or, it could all be typical media BS and Jack's going nowhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SidSidSidSid said:

Edit. Just noticed similarities with markavfc40's post. I wasn't plagiarising mate.We're just great minds, I think! ;)

I did the same thing with my post above you. Either we must type faster, or the sneaky blighter is channelling us. :P

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, McGregor's Ghost said:

If Grealish wasn't one of our "own" he would get far less sympathy. All fart and no shit, he and more importantly his family, think that he is something far more than his is. If he was that good He should be tearing this league apart regardless of the midfield he's been playing with. He hasn't been and that's because in my opinion he's not that good. Flog him for Rhodes. Rhode's goals in the championship are guaranteed. Jedi or Adomah, Thor, Conor, Lansbury, kodija and Rhodes. That will get us to 6th and if we finish in the playoffs with that form we get promoted and Jack then wouldnt even get on our bench.

116833665-ross-sport-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqM37qcIWR9CtrqmiMdQVx7Njg8gtvzbbFHKNsvOXNNcs.jpg

I think playing alongside the likes of Lansbury and Hourihane could bring out the player in Jack.

It's obvious he has talent and ability but what fans don't want to see is a young player shrug his shoulders or whinge to the ref all the time if he's knocked off the ball. Being a Villa lad you would expect him to be putting in the extra effort to win the ball back. I don't think Lansbury or Hourihane would let him get away with coasting as he has been. 

I know I've brought it up numerous times but I'm from Wrexham and a season ticket holder. It's a privallage for the youngsters to make it to the first team and the least you get from them is 100% effort. That's the one thing that pees me off about Jack. He doesn't demonstrate that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJ said:

To say Grealish is a golden child is a bit far from the mark. He really isn't, but he could be good for us. So many times we have sold players prematurely, because we got blindsided by sacks of gold. Remember Cahill?

Grealish's last game, he was awful. He had one good moment with the involvement with the goal, but the rest of the game he was dishing out schoolboy stuff. The difference between him and a lot of other players we have when they put in a poor game is that they wish that they could do better, but Grealish knows he can do better, as he has done before.

He is not the golden child. He is not the Messiah. He is a naughty boy though, but age and maturity will not only change his behaviour, but also the way he plays. He will be a much better player at 25 than he is at 21, and it would be more satisfying to see him be that player at Villa than some other club. How much better, we will have to wait and find out.

Some on here have supported selling him.  I have said I am open to selling Jack. Both have gotten reactions stating that our ideas are "utter madness". Those opinions have come from multiple posters.   That's what I mean when I use the term "golden child."  It's not utter madness to be open to selling an asset that may or may not reach its potential value.  If he does not each his potential, the price will never be this high again.  That's got to be at least worth thinking about.  A refusal to consider it is treating the young man like a treasure to be hoarded.... a "golden child" if you will permit.

you say he will be a better player at 25.  If he stays I hope you're right.  But I think you are making an assumption about his trajectory.  

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Some on here have supported selling him.  I have said I am open to selling Jack. Both have gotten reactions stating that our ideas are "utter madness". Those opinions have come from multiple posters.   That's what I mean when I use the term "golden child."  It's not utter madness to be open to selling an asset that may or may not reach its potential value.  If he does not each his potential, the price will never be this high again.  That's got to be at least worth thinking about.  A refusal to consider it is treating the young man like a treasure to be hoarded.... a "golden child" if you will permit.

you say he will be a better player at 25.  If he stays I hope you're right.  But I think you are making an assumption about his trajectory.  

I agree with your perception of him. As Yoda said, when he was managing the Jedi under 12s said " A few good games does not a great player make." As you point out, some have been a little strong in their opposition to selling him, when it should be just a plain " No".

However, when he does have a good game, there is no denying that the potential is there. Yes, he makes bad decisions. He has the defence capability of a sheet of Kleenex. But, when he gets it right, its great. There is a lot of room for improvement in Grealish's game. Its just a matter of shaving out the shit bits so we are left with a good player.

Of course, all deals should be considered, but empathy should be part of that consideration. If someone was offering something ridiculous like *20 million for Grealish, why do you think they would do that? What are they seeing, that we cant see? ( * random hypothetical figure).

Selling players, when your business is football results, is not necessarily good business. We got 40 million for Benteke. Yes, good on you Villa. But after that sale, the goals dried up and here we are. Not a comparison, but an example of how selling good players doesn't help the business of football.

Richards, Gardner, Westwood, Kozak, McCormack and (sigh) Gabby, should be in the shop window before Grealish, and there are reasons that other clubs want Grealish before any of them.

Â