The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I still maintain the opinion that in a better side he'd be a brilliant player. If he went into a side like Arsenal I think he'd shine. We're just not in a place where we can let him express himself.

I think all he'd shine at Arsenal would be the first teams boots, and possibly a seat on the subs bench if they were desperate.

• Like 1

Grealish needs to work on the aspects of his game that are lacking. Until he can improve his marking and defensive engine, he'll always be a liability/luxury this club can't afford.

Talk of him flourishing at another club are probably valid. That said, I don't think the likes of Mourinho would play him. Neither would the Ranieri types. 

As an Irishman I was quite disappointed when he declared for England. Looks like I had nothing to worry about... yet. In fact, the player I was hoping he'd replace in a couple of years is currently one of the best CAM's in the Championship - Wes Hoolihan. 

Edited by gaffmaster

Whilst he hasn't been amazing by any stretch, he has IMO been our best player this season, he has chipped in with a couple of very good goals and has created some clear cut chances for others, plus he is more likely than most of the others to make things happen when he has the ball. Of all the players who rightly deserve criticism this season, Grealish is well down the list. 

• Like 3

he'd be a much better fit for arsenal, think he'd be a much better player if he'd developed under arsene, thats almost a no brainer IMO

he has the natural talent he's a mixture of being played out of position and struggles with the application, is his attitude really any worse than any of the other 24 players in our squad or has he just slumped in to the same hole that they're all in? our entire squad struggles with the application why are we all looking at a 21 year old and expecting him to rise above the dross around him?

is he worse than iwobi? not for me

In fairness, I think he's been hard done by there. I've seen it from a couple of angles and he looks like he's trying to kick his leg out to stand up; it's not a Costa stamp or anything particularly nasty. If the ref had seen it clearly I reckon he might have booked him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Quick question though out of those 39 games how many outstanding games has he had for us. People keep saying potential, potential potential. Are we going to be saying he has potential 2-3 years time? He has to start showing it now. 

He's been outstanding in a handful. I'm saying potential - put it like this - if we finish mid-table this season and he plays, then we get promoted next season and he plays well and then the next season (the season after the season after this season) he plays well in the Premier league, and then the next season (that'd be season 2019-20) he's absolutely excellent in the Premier league, then he'd be eligible for the PFA Young Player of the Year.

We are only seeing flashes of potential - that might be all he ever amounts to - but I don't think we should expect more than that at this point - he's a novice in a difficult team - when he's played 100 games, we'll have a really good idea of whether he'll ever be what we'd like him to be.

It's your last line I think where we disagree, I don't think he does have to start showing it now, I think he has to show it over the next couple of seasons. "Now" is really, really difficult and "Now" at the foot of the Championship might not be the best time to judge a youngster in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, I think he's been hard done by there. I've seen it from a couple of angles and he looks like he's trying to kick his leg out to stand up; it's not a Costa stamp or anything particularly nasty. If the ref had seen it clearly I reckon he might have booked him.

The referee was appalling. He was right there on the spot when the initial foul was given (so how didn't he see what else happened?) He then walked backwards rather than seperate them allowing more players to get involved.

Dont know me wrong Jack was petulant and shouldn't have done it, but the ref didn't help the situation.

7 hours ago, gaffmaster said:

As an Irishman I was quite disappointed when he declared for England. Looks like I had nothing to worry about... yet. In fact, the player I was hoping he'd replace in a couple of years is currently one of the best CAM's in the Championship - Wes Hoolihan. 

Hoolahan that didnt get to England until he was about 25 or Premier League until about 30

still lot of time for Jack to get that level

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whilst he hasn't been amazing by any stretch, he has IMO been our best player this season, he has chipped in with a couple of very good goals and has created some clear cut chances for others, plus he is more likely than most of the others to make things happen when he has the ball. Of all the players who rightly deserve criticism this season, Grealish is well down the list. 

Best player? Don't make me laugh 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The referee was appalling. He was right there on the spot when the initial foul was given (so how didn't he see what else happened?) He then walked backwards rather than seperate them allowing more players to get involved.

Dont know me wrong Jack was petulant and shouldn't have done it, but the ref didn't help the situation.

I take it they will have asked the referee whether he had seen the incident before they were able to deal with it. I guess he said he did not. If so, he should have been told he needs to see an optician before he does another game! 

• Like 1

Â