The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Does anyone think Jack will get a first XI squad number next season? Which ones do we think will be up for grabs?

Hopefully he gets number 10.

The overreaction to Jack essentially saying "I told you last year, I wanted to play this season without international football" in Ireland has been pathetic. People going on about how he's abandoning Ireland, when he's doing nothing of the sort. His father said if England wanted to pick him for the upcoming games he'd say no to them too.

It'd be nice if he played for Ireland, though, since he won't get tapped up there

• Like 2

The overreaction to Jack essentially saying "I told you last year, I wanted to play this season without international football" in Ireland has been pathetic. People going on about how he's abandoning Ireland, when he's doing nothing of the sort. His father said if England wanted to pick him for the upcoming games he'd say no to them too.

It'd be nice if he played for Ireland, though, since he won't get tapped up there

He would be on duty with Delph and probably Cleverley as things stand so I wouldn't worry about tapping up myself.

Agree with the rest. Luckily he never seems phased, if anything he thrives off the attention. The balloon story hardly affected him either.

though Milner was there with Young, Downing, Warnock and Heskey and he was tapped up

That's spurious at best.

Teams that can afford to pay players twice what we can and can offer trophies don't need their players to do the tapping up. I'm sure it goes on - "come to Liverpool, we're really good", but I doubt it carries the weight people think.

Anyway, sod all the speculation of which country Jack will choose, he'll be too busy spending the summer drinking champagne from the FA Cup to play for anybody.

• Like 3

though Milner was there with Young, Downing, Warnock and Heskey and he was tapped up

That's spurious at best.

Teams that can afford to pay players twice what we can and can offer trophies don't need their players to do the tapping up. I'm sure it goes on - "come to Liverpool, we're really good", but I doubt it carries the weight people think.

I don't think it works like that. More like a club, Liverpool for example, having their manager ask their captain to have a word with a player while away with England.

It's more "so our manager mentioned you as a potential target in summer, would you have any interest in that?" than "you should totally join us"

It sows the seeds in the players head, and he goes and tells his agent that there's interest and it builds from there.

Does anyone think Jack will get a first XI squad number next season? Which ones do we think will be up for grabs?

Hopefully he gets number 10.

Will it make him run faster, like go-faster stripes  ;)

Jack's Form rating since  he's been brought in. Quality and consistent.

Premier League 07-04-2015 Aston Villa 3 : 3 Queens Park Rangers     70' 7.47

Premier League 11-04-2015 Tottenham 0 : 1 Aston Villa     63' 7.33

EFC 19-04-2015 Aston Villa 2 : 1 Liverpool     84' N/A

Premier League 25-04-2015 Manchester City 3 : 2 Aston Villa     90' 7.29

Premier League 02-05-2015 Aston Villa 3 : 2 Everton     90' 7.16

Premier League 09-05-2015 Aston Villa 1 : 0 West Ham     90' 7.42

Edited by Gillz

England? Ireland? Just split the difference Jacky boy and come over here and play for Northern Ireland!!

We could probably find a squad place for ya.  :D

GAWA!!

Well, he did say Georgie boy was his idol.

England? Ireland? Just split the difference Jacky boy and come over here and play for Northern Ireland!!

We could probably find a squad place for ya.  :D

GAWA!!

Well, he did say Georgie boy was his idol.

think he said George Boyd ;)

Been thinking about what the future holds for Grealish, if he keeps up this form (and especially if he chooses England) it wont be long before the top clubs come sniffing.  If he actually does turn into a 40m+ player, do you think he'd leave us?

By all accounts he's Villa through and through and perhaps he'd actually want to spend his whole career with us? I know I would as a fan. If I was earning 5m a year (100k per week) I dont think an extra 100k would sway it for me, because Villa is my club and it's sort of a dream come true.

What I do know is that clubs remember the home grown players that spend their whole careers with them, go ask Gerrard and Terry, they will be remembered in the history books.  We could be saying the same about Gareth Barry now for instance, but his name wont be found in our hall of fame.

So Jack, if you read this, and you're actually as good as we think you are.  Do you want make your grandpappy and parents proud and take your place next McGrath and co, or do you want to be a 'Gareth Barry' ?

Â