The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Top class today, I just wish he'd be a little bit more selfish sometimes and go for goal.

Aye,especially the one he turned with the ball and played it through for Zog.

That was an absolute ball.  N'Zogbia decided to stop running - it was madness!  Grealish had played it perfectly for him to run on to it left footed.  That's the dream for N'Zogbia, really.  Right decision for me over having a shot.

There's so much feel good to the lad - it's unreal.  He's got a starting eleven place nailed on for me, is a Villa lad through and through and is making bigger players look like fools at times.  He's got a massive future in the game.  My Dad is a bit of a sceptic when it comes to me talking how about good or bad Villa players are - as we watching the City game he just said "yeah, this kid is a player".  Validation for me :D

• Like 2

Him, N'Zogbia and Gil floating behind Benteke would be so sexy. That came out so wrong but I don't even care

That makes more sense to me. As the Rev said, we'd get ripped apart in midfield with all 3 of them playing.

Also, CNZ is a bit rubbish.

I know, I'm just dreaming don't mind me  :wub:

• Like 1

Top class today, I just wish he'd be a little bit more selfish sometimes and go for goal.

That was an absolute ball.  N'Zogbia decided to stop running - it was madness!  Grealish had played it perfectly for him to run on to it left footed.  That's the dream for N'Zogbia, really.  Right decision for me over having a shot.

There's so much feel good to the lad - it's unreal.  He's got a starting eleven place nailed on for me, is a Villa lad through and through and is making bigger players look like fools at times.  He's got a massive future in the game.  My Dad is a bit of a sceptic when it comes to me talking how about good or bad Villa players are - as we watching the City game he just said "yeah, this kid is a player".  Validation for me :D

That ball highlighted the problem with being one play ahead of your team mates, N'Zogbia just wasn't expecting it, it looked like he thought he would shoot. Although, I think that pass getting messed up (and one flick in the first half Delph didn't make a run for) is actually good for him and us as a team, because there was an almost identical pass later on that N'Zogbia kept running for and got a shot off. If our players see Grealish trying these things, and then start anticipating them, we going to have some awesome attacks going forward.

As for Jack, it may be slightly early to say, but I think he's one of the best players I've seen in a Villa shirt, definitely the best dribbler. The ease with how he runs past players is a joy to behold. Keep hold of him and Benteke, and we have the making of something special.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

Very enjoyable video. Part of me thought he was bound to have a stinker on Saturday after all the hype after last week.

Second half particularly he was excellent again and against top class opposition again.

I like that he is demanding and getting the ball of players now. As though the midfield looks up and thinks where's Jack.

It's weird because he made the run, presumably to receive the ball but then just stopped right when the ball was played :lol:

It's weird because he made the run, presumably to receive the ball but then just stopped right when the ball was played :lol:

In fairness to N'Zog I think he checked his run to avoid being offside and looking on that video if he had continued he would of been. 

But then again who knows if that linesman would of got it right or not!

• Like 1

Someone has uploaded a supercut of him vs Man City to YouTube.   It's interesting to watch as it shows the good and the bad.  It's clear to see he wants the ball and isn't phased by playing away to the reigning champions but there are misplaced passes.  It will be nice to see if a partnership between Grealish and Delph blossoms as Jack seems to be looking for someone to run onto that ball he plays into the space between the centre half and the full back.  Great weight on the pass every time too, it's begging to be exploited.   Knowing when to play that and when to keep it simple will be the challenge for Grealish but it's clear he is capable of delivering that spark of creativity that our midfield has been begging for for years. 

What talent he has - the ease at which he glides past the opposition players is a joy to watch!

Still needs that goal. Once he gets that, if you think he's been decent so far, wait til you see him after it. Once Jack's kind of player finds the mark, they rarely stop

think he plays it safe a bit too much when hes out on the wing...just seems to pass it back and not take the man on. Feel he could have done a little bit more when he kept that ball in just

Edited by gharperr

How good were his corners today in the first half?

I said to my Dad actually just before the 2nd goal he'd hit two excellent ones in that Vlaar had headed wide and I could see us scoring from one in the second half.

Tim Howard appealing for offiside aswell.  :crylaugh: 

• Like 1

He think he is best described as a menace today. Always teetering on the edge of doing something and keeping Evertons guard up. Should have got their players a few yellows which would have stopped them destroying our play. Hes going to be some player.

Loved it when he put McCarthy on his arse, mainly because when jack turned around to face us in the doug Ellis he was laughing his head off.

oh - you must sit by me

That was brilliant - Im hoping we can get a youtube clip of it.

Very good game from him today. I just want him to score !

His style of play frustrates defenders, it's unreal. He guards the ball brilliantly and I don't think I can think of another player who manages to draw so many fouls with such ease and poise. 

• Like 1

Â