3D Gaming

PieFacE

Would you play 3D games?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play 3D games?

• Yeah, looking forward to it
    • Meh - I'll try it out at a friends
    • No -Gaming is good enough already.

Yeah the only reason i got a 3DTV is cos i was in the market for a new TV.

Kinda makes sense to go 3D....

You'd have paid £1500 for the TV i got a year ago without the 3D function anyway,so it's not as if they cost thousands of pounds more anyway...

As much as we think it's a gimmick I think it's going to stick around. Next generation of consoles will be 3D all over I think.

As for TVs, i'll wait for a year or two until they're better and cheaper before I invest.

but yes, I'll be getting involved, because I think it'll bea case of get involved, or don't play games.

Surely they can't force people to use 3D and I'm guessing the split of people that will use it and people that don't would be about 50/50. I can see them perhaps offering two versions of a game, such as one normal and one in 3D. However, I just can't see them forcing people to use 3D.

I really don't see what all of the fuss is about. It's not like it's a new invention or anything.

Not force people to use it, but what I meann is I think it will get to a stage where ALL games are 3D. That doesn't mean they won't support normal gaming, but I think they'll all be 3D supported.

I think 3D is just a step on from HD. We might see it as a gimmick but it'll eventually become the norm, imo.

i think youre right tbh

i was sceptical of hd at first (oh silly me) and the same went for 3d, but after seeing killzone 3 in action and almost making a mess in my pants, ive been semi convinced

I played Wipeout in 3D yesterday and wow!

Looks stunning!

I'm not so sure it will come through and be the norm, i think the sticking point is having to wear glasses. I personally have no issue with it, but i could imagine others would.

As for TVs, i'll wait for a year or two until they're better and cheaper before I invest.

according to yer man from sony above, therye as good as theyre gonna get in terms of picture quality. theres not really anywhere for them to go to improve without a new 3d standard, which isnt on the way

Hmmm, they are already developing 3D televisions that don't require glasses though (one of which I have seen in person). Surely that is an improvement over televisions that only offer 3D through the use of glasses?

They're shite.

Glassesless 3D requires you to be sitting in precise positions to be able to see the 3D effect. Your living room is pretty unlikely to be configured in a way that glassesless 3D will work for more than one or two people.

How much was your TV btw? What size screen too?

It was £1329, 50" Plasma...

Then for £200 ontop you get a 3D Blu-Ray player. 2 pairs of glasses, and Monsters v Aliens 3D DVD.

How much was your TV btw? What size screen too?

It was £1329, 50" Plasma...

Then for £200 ontop you get a 3D Blu-Ray player. 2 pairs of glasses, and Monsters v Aliens 3D DVD.

Where's that from mate? And what do you make of it?

Was from here

Havent had much chance to play with it yet, currently moving flats, but from what i have seen it looks pretty ace!

HD looks stunning! And 3D on the PS3 is really fun aswell, had a few mates round and they were slightly hooked!

Well you can get games wich have be designed for 3D. Few and far between at the minute but will be pretty popular soon i think!

But the Samsung 3DTVs have a 2D - 3D converter! So whatever you're doing your TV can convert it to 3D..... not tried this out yet!

Will give Fifa and COD a blast tomorrow in 3d and see what it's like!

did you go for that as well as the ps3? coz thatd have been a bit of a waste since the ps3 is a 3d blu ray player

I used to have the Stereostropic Nvdia drivers "back in the day" (so, 2004) - I only used it for a couple of games - UT2004 and Planetside - and I'll be honest it added very little to UT - and it caused some weird depth-perception issues in PS that made it incredibly easy to get stuck running into trees because you weren't actually running where you thought you were.

Plus trying to balance red/cyan glasses on my face whilst already wearing prescription lens was somewhat of a challenge. And usually ended 30mins later with severe headaches.

Having said all that, it did give a nice sense of depth in PS - ironically the best use of it all was in fact looking at the global view of the planet (away from all the FPS shooting action), and seeing all the clouds swirl above the land.

Â