Goal Line Technology

wiggyrichard

Should FIFA bring in goal line technology?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should FIFA bring in goal line technology?

• Yes
    • No

All this debate over Goal line technology when goal line incidents occur maybe once or twice a season. The real cancer in football is the refusal to use retrospective punishment for diving, cheating,faking injuries,dissent to referees etc. that has made the sport a laughing stock. The governing bodies are corrupt, inept are are ruining our sport instead of protecting it. Football is the sport with the least amount of sportsmanship on the planet, until we face up to that then this goal line technology debate is a tangent.

My solution would be to add the extra official rather than any technology. I thought that was a good idea.

If we have to have goal line technology then it should be wired directly to the refereee. For example, when the linesman waves his flag, he presses a button which sets off a vibrator on the referee. Something similar could be in place for goal line decisions whereby the referee is alerted when the ball crosses the line. Although i agree with the above post, any change is a bit extreme for something that happens only a handfull of times every year, with even fewer decisions being made incorrectly.

Yeah as well as having a linesman, have a 'goalsman' so to speak.

Like they did in the Europa League?

Where in the first year of it's use they managed to send the wrong person off for an incident in the penalty area?

Introducing more humans just brings more human error....

Yeah as well as having a linesman, have a 'goalsman' so to speak.

Like they did in the Europa League?

Where in the first year of it's use they managed to send the wrong person off for an incident in the penalty area?

Introducing more humans just brings more human error....

Thats a bit of a silly argument. A single ref made one mistake that year, they also saw a lot more incidents, so getting more decisions right than previously would have been possible, so overall they created an improved officiating system add that to no mistakes at all I can remember this year

Â