Goal Line Technology

wiggyrichard

Should FIFA bring in goal line technology?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should FIFA bring in goal line technology?

• Yes
    • No

How can anyone not want it introduced at the top level? Absolutely bizarre.

Why anyone would want it at the top level could also be classed as bizarre. But each to their own.

What would your reason be for having it there?

Well I would like it introduced so that football be comes about the football not the referee cock ups. Every other sport has evolved so why not football.

Because it coulld ruin the flow of the game.

:? No it wouldn't, 30 seconds max to make a decision or in the case of the Lampard goal 10 seconds. The fecking moaning and whining from players takes up more time than that.

I disagree.

For a start there was no natural break in the game following the Lampard incident so straight away you are putting a break in the game that wasn't there.

Now the England v Germany one was very obvious so would have take only one replay but what about the Italy one? That would have had to have been watch time and time again from different angles and what if no answer, no definitive answer could still be reached?

Unless you go for a fully automatic system with some sort of light coming on every time a goal is scored which I can't say I fancy much.

In addition, if they introduce it then people will be saying well what about using technology for penalty decisions or offside decisions such as Argentina's first goal the other night. What justification is there for using goal line technology but not technology in other areas of the game that result in equally costly decisions?

It would ruin the game.

Why anyone would want it at the top level could also be classed as bizarre. But each to their own.

What would your reason be for having it there?

Well I would like it introduced so that football be comes about the football not the referee cock ups. Every other sport has evolved so why not football.

I have already why in my previous posts but after playing and still playing football after 36 years I wouldn't want it any other way. The flow to the game is what stands it a part from so many others. The implementation of technology will only take away from that.

Money again is at the fore front of this. Coaches who can earn money don't wish to lose their job because of a bad call. I say "coach your team better and then a bad call wouldn't matter." :)

:? No it wouldn't, 30 seconds max to make a decision or in the case of the Lampard goal 10 seconds. The fecking moaning and whining from players takes up more time than that.

I disagree.

For a start there was no natural break in the game following the Lampard incident so straight away you are putting a break in the game that wasn't there.

Now the England v Germany one was very obvious so would have take only one replay but what about the Italy one? That would have had to have been watch time and time again from different angles and what if no answer, no definitive answer could still be reached?

Unless you go for a fully automatic system with some sort of light coming on every time a goal is scored which I can't say I fancy much.

In addition, if they introduce it then people will be saying well what about using technology for penalty decisions or offside decisions such as Argentina's first goal the other night. What justification is there for using goal line technology but not technology in other areas of the game that result in equally costly decisions?

It would ruin the game.

How about a max 3 calls per game for each team? Technology has to be introduced.

Im definately a no. Footballs greatest asset is its controversy imo

Unless you are at the receiving end of 'controversy' in a game.

Nope, thats part of the character and joy of the game as well.

I'm convinced that people who want tech don't 'get' this.

There is nothing to 'get' here I am afraid. It is blatantly unfair if a team is not awarded a goal due to a linesman or referee not 'seeing' it and vice versa(Ghost goal). An electronic chip will not slow down a game , won't affect play in any way , all it will do is indicate if the ball went in. No brainer in my opinion because it makes the thing fairer.

Mistakes are made but class will shine through. The best teams usually win even if calls go against them. They odd game it doesn't, oh well something to talk about.

Not always. A big 'mistake' from a referee almost always turns the game around. You simply cannot measure how a decision affects a game because it is an intangible quantity. By utilising a chip you are eliminating it.

In disagree

Ok

How about a max 3 calls per game for each team? Technology has to be introduced.

How does that solve the issue of poor decisions?

It doesn't have to be introduced at all.

Its an option certainly but then that would mean that ever single game of football would be stopped at least 6 times. Would you really like to see that?

What happens in the case like the one with Italy? After several replays you still couldn't decide for sure if it had crossed the line, what if the 4th or 5th official as the case might be decided in their opinion it had gone in.

It wouldn't solve the problem it would just change it.

Its an option certainly but then that would mean that ever single game of football would be stopped at least 6 times. Would you really like to see that?

Ask any Irish bloke after the France game and they would say yes...ask any English bloke at half time in the Germany game and they would also say yes.

I think it definitely needs to come in. In this day and age it's fecking needed. The game is just so so fast now.

There should be an appeal system. Say each manager has one or two or three moments in every game when they can review an incident.

The only problem with that system is that, if your team is about to be hit on the counter attack, what would stop you calling to review an incident?

I'm not sure how it should actually work, but something needs to be done, even if it's just a chip in the ball to determine when the ball goes over the line, it's a good start and wouldn't interfere with play.

Ball goes over the line, the chip in the ball triggers a sensor, fireworks go off behind the goal, everyone know's a goal has been scored. :lol:

I disagree.

It would ruin the game.

Why does it. Weve managed for so long without it. We would not be argueing this subject to this extent if the call against england hadnt occured - and that isnt even why we got knocked out of the world cup.

bad decisions that cost games are very very few and far between.

How does that solve the issue of poor decisions?

It doesn't have to be introduced at all.

Because a team could a appeal a decision a max 3 times per game, a decision they disagree with.

No it doesn't. The World Cup has been talked about much more due to errors as well as the games. It is part and part of the game; leave it that way.

You say that like it's a good thing. How confusing.

So you are advocating every single game of football being stopped 6 times for decisions to be checked.

What about the impact that will have on games and the face it will be far bigger than the impact of the mistakes your aiming to remove. What about the effect that would have on refs?

It would ruin the game.

Because a team could a appeal a decision a max 3 times per game, a decision they disagree with.

So what happens when they've made 3 appeals and the ref makes an absolute howler later on?

You've solved nothing, just added a new tactic and ruined the flow of the game.

Leave the game alone.

What happens in the case like the one with Italy? After several replays you still couldn't decide for sure if it had crossed the line, what if the 4th or 5th official as the case might be decided in their opinion it had gone in.

Well you are assuming a team would use their calls just because they exist, but I am sure many games pass with out controversy or just 1 or 2 incidents.

Mistakes are made but class will shine through. The best teams usually win even if calls go against them. They odd game it doesn't, oh well something to talk about.

Not always. A big 'mistake' from a referee almost always turns the game around. You simply cannot measure how a decision affects a game because it is an intangible quantity. By utilising a chip you are eliminating it.

So what do we class as a "Big mistake"? Is it a goal crossing the line and not being given or an throw-in given to the wrong team that leads to up to the goal that cross the line that wasn't given. Refs make mistakes all the time and they all effect the game.

A goal kick given when it should have been a corner effects the game. It could lead to a goal 30 seconds later. You would have to call in on all wrong decisions and not at all and they would delay the game.

Yeah it's very rare that there's usually 6 incidents in a game which leaves people absolutely confused. It's very rarely 1 or 2 moments in every game. And it takes what, 30seconds to sort it out?

Well you are assuming a team would use their calls just because they exist, but I am sure many games pass with out controversy or just 1 or 2 incidents.

I think its a very logical assumption for the reasons I've just posted. You are assuming that they wouldn't which would seem to go against everything you see in football every single match.

Â