1. 1. Who Should Manage USA?

• Bradley
    • Klinsmann
    • Hiddink
    • Erickson
    • Scolari
    • Lippi
    • Other (Name)

I think Klinsmann will get the job. He almost got it last time, has a home in LA, knows the players, and would introduce new training methods, and bring with him probably more tactical savvy then Bradley. My only concern is that he might be too much of a nice guy.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying I'd like Bradley to stay, I just think it's the most likely. Klinsmann would certainly give us a little European flair/tactical nous that USA has lacked, well, forever.

I'm hoping it's Klinsmann, but I think that if Gulati wants to create some sort of perpetual soccer presence in the United States, he needs to make bigger changes than a new coach. A stronger organizing system that involves local coaches, a national little league tournament akin to the LLWS for youth clubs and improved recruiting of talent throughout the country all are obvious additions, for me anyway.

The future is brighter than it has ever been though, and I am excited to see what happens.

I think Klinsmann will get the job. He almost got it last time, has a home in LA, knows the players, and would introduce new training methods, and bring with him probably more tactical savvy then Bradley. My only concern is that he might be too much of a nice guy.

He was considered a few years ago and interviewed with Gulati. Seem to recall that Klinsmann wanted control of the whole setup, not just the senior national team, and had strong opinions on how the whole sport is run in the US from youth development on up, and wanted to make big changes. Gulati (and his ego) didn't want to give him that much control and talks broke down. Bradley was the fall-back hire. Would love to see Klinsmann get the job but I think that bridge is burned.

Hiddink is the only other name on that list that I would get excited about. He managed Australia, who are no better than us, plus the tax situation here would be more favorable for him than in Europe and most parts of the world, so I don't think it would be impossible.

• 3 weeks later...

They're saying Bradley is a top candidate for the Fulham job. Should be interesting how the Fulham fans feel about it. The club has had a strong USA connection for years, but always players. You have to think that some of the non-American players will feel like there is nothing an American can teach them about football...

• 1 year later...
Â