Global Warming

legov

How certain are you that Global Warming is man-made?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. How certain are you that Global Warming is man-made?

• Certain
    • Likely
    • Not Likely
    • No way

This poll is closed to new votes

There's a temperature change on all planets in our universe.. because of what we do? don't make me laugh :-)

Where did you get this information? Don't make me laugh :)

here

Just search on google for 'The Whole Solar System is Undergoing Global Warming' and many sites will come up with it :-)

There's a temperature change on all planets in our universe.. because of what we do? don't make me laugh :-)

Where did you get this information? Don't make me laugh :)

here

Just search on google for 'The Whole Solar System is Undergoing Global Warming' and many sites will come up with it :-)

This goes against a generally-held belief of mine but I'm willing to change my views if the evidence shows it and so far it's pretty weak imo. A few clarifications though:

- What are the motives for your aforementioned "petty" scientists to claim that global warming was caused by humanity? You have to put that into consideration, it affects how likely certain claims can be.

- Ever considered if you are being skeptical just for the sake of being a skeptic - such that it distorts your views and makes you biased towards skeptical viewpoints?

- Most of the sites I visited claimed that this climate change phenomenon does not affect all the planets.

I have to log off soon so I can't take a good look at the information but I hope you see this as a genuine academic discussion, not looking to belittle skeptics or anything :) (Your moon landing thing is a bit far-fetched though :P )

What are the motives for your aforementioned "petty" scientists to claim that global warming was caused by humanity? You have to put that into consideration, it affects how likely certain claims can be.

So we all could start to pay some global warming tax,in that way could Al gore develop his new house he bought near the coast :-)

motives would be money,lots of money.

What are the motives for your aforementioned "petty" scientists to claim that global warming was caused by humanity? You have to put that into consideration, it affects how likely certain claims can be.

So we all could start to pay some global warming tax,in that way could Al gore develop his new house he bought near the coast :-)

But you're talking about the scientists, not the more prominent activists like Al Gore.

But you're talking about the scientists, not the more prominent activists like Al Gore.

But the motives is still money,many scientists would say whatever politicians want them to say if the pay is good enough.

you got to find the scientists who says the opposite of what the politicians say,they are more easy to trust.

For me it's a case of not seeing any evidence of global warming actually happening. I don't believe a word of this whole global warming/man made climate change shit.

We don't need to provide evidence it is not happening as there is no evidence it is happening.

For climate change believers, I suggest you research how clouds are formed and their effect on the atmosphere.

Man made climate change is a laughable load of bollocks.

But the motives is still money,many scientists would say whatever politicians want them to say if the pay is good enough.

you got to find the scientists who says the opposite of what the politicians say,they are more easy to trust.

15-20 years ago the scientists were saying the opposite of what the politicians say. It's the political concensus that has changed, not the scientific one.

Motives? How about Power and Money? Not only is Environmentalism a huge buisness, it is also a huge sway when it comes to potential votes.

True, but TBF surely that is counter acted by the huge sway on the global economy that the Oil industry has, not to mention the huge amount of revenues many governments make from the sale of C02 producing consumption of fossil fuels.

Legov, have you ever heard of the Oregon Report? Climatologists and Scientists who do not believe climate change has anything to do with human interference?

The number of signatures on that beats the IPCC Stern report 11-1.

And a lot of reputable climatologists and scientists have tried to have their names removed from the Stern Report as is is non-representative and inaccurate.

Motives? How about Power and Money? Not only is Environmentalism a huge buisness, it is also a huge sway when it comes to potential votes.

True, but TBF surely that is counter acted by the huge sway on the global economy that the Oil industry has, not to mention the huge amount of revenues many governments make from the sale of C02 producing consumption of fossil fuels.

I smell a conspiracy theory!

Forget all your misconceptions about the oil industry and climate change, it's the biggest delusion you can subscribe to on this subject.

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle but there is NO imagination out there and no funding for any ideas.

eg Willow plantations...

Willow sequests so much C02 because it grows so quickly that a big enough plantation can keep a coal fired power station in fuel AND what's more be completely carbon neutral!..

If you chop it down by coppicing the tree it actually grows back quicker & stronger!

There are a huge number of other products that can also be made from Willow.. not to mention it's a native British tree and good for Bio diversity and wildlife.

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle but there is NO imagination out there and no funding for any ideas.

eg Willow plantations...

Willow sequests so much C02 because it grows so quickly that a big enough plantation can keep a coal fired power station in fuel

AND what's more be completely carbon neutral!..

I can support these initiatives if they do not cost too much.

I have still seen no evidence that global warming is actually happening though.

I can support these initiatives if they do not cost too much.

Doesn't necessarily cost anything. Private investors will buy land & trees for their Pensions and Investments.

All it needs is a bit of imagination and people who care about the environment, never mind a hidden agenda!

What's more land & trees are exempt from Inheritance tax after 2 years!

NO IMAGINATION that's what's missing!

We are the cause no doubt...but to what extent.

That's what I'm not sure about, I voted 1 but I'm more concerned about dwindling oil supplies tbh.

Evidence please, or retract the statement.

Â