Global Warming

legov

How certain are you that Global Warming is man-made?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. How certain are you that Global Warming is man-made?

• Certain
    • Likely
    • Not Likely
    • No way

This poll is closed to new votes

just think about why is greenland is called greenland :winkold:

Norseman Erik the Red called it Greenland when he settled there after his extradition for murder circa 1000AD. He thought by calling it Greenland it would sound more pleasant and he would attract more settlers.

I wonder if Erik was red?

Global Warming man-made is all about money

cause they want us all to pay some CO2 tax

So Global Warming is NOT man-made

They probably do want us to pay CO2 tax, they try to tax everyone else. But they could want us to pay tax even if climate change is a real issue that is man-made. Your argument doesn't follow, the government wanting to tax us doesn't entail the thing they want to tax us over being false. They have VAT, but my TV that I paid it on is real.

They will say whatever the government want them to say,if the pay is good..very simple

Again, this doesn't make sense.

1) Scientists will say what their paymasters tell them to

2) The government are paying the scientists

3) The government want the scientists to tell us that climate change is real and man made

4) From 1-3, The government is making scientists tell us that climate change is a man-made issue, which the scientists do because they're paid to.

Conclusion) climate change is false/not man made.

It doesn't follow at all, it's terrible reasoning; even if it's true that government are making scientists tell us that climate change is a real, man-made issue, it doesn't entail it being false.

If government paid scientists are told to tell us that smoking causes cancer, or that gravity is real, would you deny that, just because the government wants us to be informed about it?

l2logic.

Good old JulieB, don't trust anyting they tell you, they just want your money :)

Problem with government in my country is they didn't want our money and kept cutting tax for almost two decades and help **** our country up in the process. Governments are more concerned with being reelected than with over taxation.

You are also forgetting that the British Government doesn't control the world and scientists from many other countries have come to the same conclusion. Indipendent of what British Government want people to believe.

Why would eminent scientists like Prof Michael Oppenheimer of Princeton University be so public about the effects of Global warming if there wasn't something to be concerned about?

They will say whatever the government want them to say,if the pay is good..very simple

Yet you would argue that those same scientists are incorruptable & inherently correct when it come to arguing the case against an intelligent designer. If it's argued that ALL this scientific opinion on global warming is paid for by the government & is not based on any fact just a conspiracy theory, when on the other hand it's argued that science is always correct to defy their being a God.

Which is why IMHO the jury is still out on global warming so I voted Likely

Good old JulieB, don't trust anyting they tell you, they just want your money :)

Oh I agree, apparently if you drill down far enough under the ice caps at either pole there's evidence of green vegetation so it appears that Earth's climate has changed dramatically in the past.

However I think what many scientists are worried about is the speed in this case.

Whatever the facts are regarding global warming .... we run the planet & it's resources appallingly!

Whatever the MAIN cause is is irrelevant. The question is, can we have any positive effect on it by cutting carbon emissions?

If the answer is YES, then we should do it.

under the ice caps at either pole there's evidence of green vegetation

I'm aware that there is land underneath Antarctica but the North Pole Is pure ice

Earth's climate has changed dramatically in the past

yeah those pesky humans causing an ace age with their technology 20,000 years ago :suspect:

Norseman Erik the Red called it Greenland when he settled there after his extradition for murder circa 1000AD. He thought by calling it Greenland it would sound more pleasant and he would attract more settlers.

Very funny, But Greenland was green long time ago,that was the time when global warming was not newsworthy

This global warming issue is only about money,the sooner you learn the better

Our climate has always change, and will always change, we can't do anything about it

what you should worry much more about is the oil disaster in the Mexican gulf, does anyone think they are telling us how bad it really is?

I thought so

No rise in the oceans.

No reduction in sea ice.

British Antarctic Survey

Our long term Antarctic research stations seem to disagree with you.

There's contacts for all these people, you can E-mail them with the news that the oceans aren't rising by 3mm a year.

There's a few interesting pages on there, some stuff from this month.

It's quite dry research. Not much jumping up and down and finger pointing.

Problems arise at the conclusion stage. Two different groups of scientists will look at the same sheet of figures and come up with two completely different conclusions. It seems to depend on who is paying their wages.

Very funny, But Greenland was green long time ago,that was the time when global warming was not newsworthy

Our climate has always change, and will always change, we can't do anything about it

what you should worry much more about is the oil disaster in the Mexican gulf, does anyone think they are telling us how bad it really is?

I thought so

The sooner I learn the better? I haven't even expressed what my opinion is either way, merely pulled you up on a historical fallacy about the naming of Greenland.

However if I do decide to learn from somebody else's view on this matter, it'll probably be from somebody who can form a cohesive sentence.

I thought so

The sooner I learn the better? I haven't even expressed what my opinion is either way, merely pulled you up on a historical fallacy about the naming of Greenland.

However if I do decide to learn from somebody else's view on this matter, it'll probably be from somebody who can form a cohesive sentence.

Sorry mate :-) only the Greenland stuff was for you, my mistake

To be fair Smalljob, you think we didn't land on the moon so I'm not sure how much you're going to convince anyone on this one.

;)

I know and you're right

that's why I say that people can believe what they want about this, Just use your common sense as me 8)

Why would eminent scientists like Prof Michael Oppenheimer of Princeton University be so public about the effects of Global warming if there wasn't something to be concerned about?

Remind me, where does Princeton get it's funding from?

It gets it's funding from a wide range of places - from individual students' fees, from alumni that have done well for themselves making donations and so on.

Where it doesn't get it's money from is the oil industry, the energy industry and such like.

I find it wierd that the sceptics seem to be funded directly or indirectly by oil/energy industry people, or where they claim to have "evidence", this "data" is almost always paid for partially or in full by energy industry related funding, or turns out to be bogus, or is just based on gut instinct or ignorance.

Â