Test Pregnant women for Smoking?

ender4

Should we test pregnant women for smoking?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should we test pregnant women for smoking?

• NO
    • YES

It's hard to say. On the one hand taking away peoples rights to do something as simple *although stupid* as smoking seems ridiculous. But then again what about the right of the baby? I think it should be illegal to smoke and drink while pregnant for the sake of the child. But I also believe in the right to make your own choices over your body. I really don't know. But rest assured that IF I'm ever pregnant you can test me all you like because I am definitely not going to be smoking.

and do what if they smoke? terminate the pregnancy against the mothers wishes? If not, what is the point exactly?

Utterly stupid idea

That was my first thought. What then happens if they do smoke?

'You shouldn't do that, you know, here have a pamphlet'.

I think that just about sums it up.

You'd be trying to curtail someones liberty (in a really quite pathetic way) for no real 'benefit' whatsoever.

No one is going to curtail anyone's liberty and no one is going to be testing pregnant wimmin, it's just another PR missive.

Very fair point. 'it was proposed today that...'. Why by, exactly.

I proposed today that all sexy girls should wear crop tops on sunny days, although the papers haven't picked up on it yet.

I proposed today that all sexy girls should wear crop tops on sunny days, although the papers haven't picked up on it yet.

i second your proposal & add an amendment that they must wear short shorts as well.

Â