Who will top the group?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will top the group?

• Netherlands
    • Denmark
    • Japan
    • Cameroon

[table color=#D9E2EC:0b3db53ad9]

[mrow color=#8c333c:0b3db53ad9][mcol]Group E[mcol]P[mcol]W[mcol]D[mcol]L[mcol]F[mcol]A[mcol]Pts[mcol]GD

[mrow][col]Netherlands[mcol]1[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]0[mcol]2[mcol]0[mcol]3[mcol]2

[mrow][col]Japan[mcol]1[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]0[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]3[mcol]1

[mrow][col]Cameroon[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]0[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]-1

[mrow][col]Denmark[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]0[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]2[mcol]0[mcol]-2

[/table]

[table color=#D9E2EC:0b3db53ad9]

[mrow color=#8c333c:0b3db53ad9][mcol]No[mcol]Date[mcol]K.O.[mcol]Team[mcol]Score[mcol]Team[mcol]Venue[mcol]TV[mcol]Scorers

[mrow][col]9[mcol]14/6[mcol]12:30[mcol]Netherlands[mcol]2 -0[mcol]Denmark[mcol]Johannesburg - JSC[mcol]ITV 1[mcol]Agger (OG) 46', Kuyt 85'.

[mrow][col]10[mcol]14/6[mcol]15:00[mcol]Japan[mcol]1 - 0[mcol]Cameroon[mcol]Bloemfontein[mcol]BBC 1[mcol]Honda 39'.

[mrow][col]25[mcol]19/6[mcol]12:30[mcol]Netherlands[mcol]-[mcol]Japan[mcol]Durban[mcol]ITV 1[mcol]-

[mrow][col]26[mcol]19/6[mcol]19:30[mcol]Cameroon[mcol]-[mcol]Denmark[mcol]Pretoria[mcol]ITV 1[mcol]-

[mrow][col]43[mcol]24/6[mcol]19:30[mcol]Denmark[mcol]-[mcol]Japan[mcol]Rustenburg[mcol]BBC 3[mcol]-

[mrow][col]44[mcol]24/6[mcol]19:30[mcol]Cameroon[mcol]-[mcol]Netherlands[mcol]Cape Town[mcol]BBC 1[mcol]-[/table]

Holland look strong and I back them as well. Midfield is strongest in tournament after Spain. Would be a sort of travesty if Dirk Kuyt was a World Cup winner.

Danes will be other team through as they did brilliant in qualifying topping a tough group and they always do good at World Cup when they get there

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Holland as potential finalists. They have loads of quality plus none of the bitching and fighting which tore the team apart in 90, 94 and 96

Very interesting group, Holland should top it, but I'm very undecided as to who will come 2nd between Cameroon and Denmark. However I would probably edge towards Denmark as they have a very strong spine to their team. Japan have had an impressive few friendlies recently but they're still a poor team for me.

Can't see any upsets here. Netherlands followed comfortably by a very good Denmark side. The only way I can see Cameroon upsetting Denmark is if they are much better acclimatised/suited to the weather and altitude - which could quite easily be the case actually... I still think the Danes will have too much for them though. And Japan, though capable of an exciting performance, should get battered by the top 2 with the Cameroon match being a wooden spoon match.

The Dutch should top the group fairly easily, however their defence is ropey as ****. The rest of the side nears about strong as you'll get in this tournament, but the defence is laughable.

Which might mean theres an arseload of goals in this group.

I'm not sure on the Danes, I don't quite see whats so exciting about them. They're solid. Certainly it's between them and Cameroon for the second place and I suspect that, if Cameroon click and Eto'o is on form, Cameroon might take it.

Â