Where Do Your loyalties Lie: Villa or England.

GavChahal

Which would you prefer?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• England win the World Cup
    • Villa finish in the top 4

Oh, I enjoy watching international competitions, but my NT is just not as meaningful to me as Villa, as I put very little stock in so-called patriotism or national pride. Echoing what others have said, I'm American by coincidence, Villa because I am compelled to be. I would laugh like a madman if the USA won the WC, though, because it'd basically be like trolling the rest of the world, and, more seriously, it would help the growth of the sport here tremendously (imagine if this country were to take association football as seriously as gridiron, basketball, etc!).

I'm an England fan. And I'm a swedish fan. But more than that I'm a Villa fan. Even though I despise the format CL is in these days I'd still wnt Villa to play against the best teams in Europe, which almost always means the best in the world. I know, 4th doesn't automatically mean we get to the CL but in a poll like this I see it as a given thing. So Villa all the way for me. I'd be well happy to see England win the world cup but I'd be more than that if Villa reached the CL.

I value the England effort as i support a team which is predominantly English. However, what i hate is seeing teams like Arsenal fans going full salut to the English team when their club is killing some of the best English talent by employing largely foreign players.

It hurts when villa lose, and it wouldn't bother me at all if England did. So fourth all day. Alot of people are hypocrites too, how can you abuse players like rooney, lampard, terry, cole, gerrard and then support them for a world cup.

Villa all the way. Id take Villa finish 5th next season over england winning the world cup. I havent celebrated an England goal for such a long time and will probably only do so this summer if a villa player scores it. Im putting a hefty bet on England to win the world cup just to somehow get me excited if we do win it (without a villa player winning it for us). If i had to pick a team to win it it would be England, but if S.Gerrard scores the winner in the final, il be celebrating winning my bet and nothing else

It is a bit of an unfair poll tbh..

I wonder if Spurs would swap finishing 4th for 5th this year if it meant we won the WC?.. I'd happily drop one place in the Prem for that.

Villa every time. I'll watch England at the tournos but most the other time I honestly have no interest unless one of our lads are playing.

Its weird, most of the time I just want England to fail miserably. I wanted Japan to win just because no Villa player was involved. Then heskey came on and i wanted England to win.

Im not fickle tho :D

Villa every time. I'll watch England at the tournos but most the other time I honestly have no interest unless one of our lads are playing.

Its weird, most of the time I just want England to fail miserably. I wanted Japan to win just because no Villa player was involved. Then heskey came on and i wanted England to win.

Im not fickle tho :D

100% agree, i wanted the same.

We can finish in the top and get an arse kicking in the 1st qualifying round. So i would say England. I would pick the Villa winning the FA cup over England though. I need to see that in my lifetime!!!!

Villa, every time. I couldn't give two shits about England really, I'm looking forward to the World Cup but not as much as in the past, especially with all those tossers in the team.