Where Do Your loyalties Lie: Villa or England.

GavChahal

Which would you prefer?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• England win the World Cup
    • Villa finish in the top 4

'kin hell... are you boys English?

I'm astonished.

You can tell who doesn't like a party can't you! England winning the World Cup would be one of the best experiences of my life, specially at the age of 22, prime time for celebrations!

I'm astonished.

You can tell who doesn't like a party can't you! England winning the World Cup would be one of the best experiences of my life, specially at the age of 22, prime time for celebrations!

Been there, done that. Mind you I was only 12, so I a bit too young for an almighty piss-up. Now I'm a bit too old for it. :lol:

But don't worry, it won't happen.

I'm astonished.

i would ask if yoou were new to this board matey, but looks like you joined just over 3 years ago, so no.

We get these threads every so often on VT, and the anti-england/apathy to england sentiments always dominate.

Love my national team myself, as much as i love villa TBH.

Can't wait for the tourny :cheers:

England to win the World Cup!

Top 4? What's that? Stuff the top 4. :D

If you had wrote 'England to the World Cup or Villa to win the Premier League, then that would be a more comparable and difficult choice.

I'd rather a team i support win a major tournament, than just qualify for one.

This is the same to me as us finishing fourth or winning one of the cups. Top 4 means **** all in comparison, Villa to win a cup or England winning the world cup would be such an achievement and would send Villa fans for a cup and the whole country for the world cup into pandemonium.

**** me some people amaze me. Yes a top 4 finish would be nice but it's not comparable to actually winning something.

If England don't win the World Cup, i blame you! :D

We could finish 4th and get knocked out in the final qualifying round (like Everton did). But people would sacrifice the World Cup for that?

Villa. Replace England with my national team, and it still holds true.

this

hate international football tbh

Is it because you're shit? :winkold:

no its because i find it a dull version of the sport

id rather watch a conference game than an international

this

Really???

I agree that friendlies and qualifiers can be a bit tedious but the actual WC itself is great to watch, especially the knock out stages.

I will always put Villa first in terms of winning silverware, it is more of a personal victory. But that is not to say I would love it if England won the World Cup

Ive been lucky enough to see the villa win the league,exactly the same amount of times me dad and grandad have,so if for one season the option is top 4 finish or a world cup,i want to see England win a world cup,as their are far fewer chances for it to happen before i die.

this

Really???

I agree that friendlies and qualifiers can be a bit tedious but the actual WC itself is great to watch, especially the knock out stages.

I will always put Villa first in terms of winning silverware, it is more of a personal victory. But that is not to say I would love it if England won the World Cup

i think the mentality in internationals is "dont lose at all costs" which leads to a more boring game of footie. obviously there are exceptions, but i just find the game a bit slower and duller

not really for me