Where Do Your loyalties Lie: Villa or England.

GavChahal

Which would you prefer?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• England win the World Cup
    • Villa finish in the top 4

England winning the world cup would be a dream for me, the buzz and excitement around the country would be immense

Villa finishing fourth is no where near the same as England winning the world cup. Villa winning the Premier League or Champions League is a different matter, but just to actually finish 4th doesn't compete with winning the world cup. We're not that far away as it is!

I'm a bit shocked at how many people have chose Villa to finish 4th over the massive party which would be England winning the world cup.

100% England for me.

If the Question was Villa winning the League, then it would be Villa 100%.

The jubilation i would get from England winning the world cup would far outweigh us finishing 4th. I would be on the p!ss for days, i would be able to stick 2 fingers up at all the foreigners that i know that always slag off the England team and i could do this for 4 years! I have loads of English friends that support other teams and we could all celebrate this together.

Villa finishing 4th would be superb, but would i go on the p!ss for days, i doubt it. If we won the League then yes. It could also be very short lived as we could go out in the Qualifying games and not even get to the group stages.

This.

I think the OP makes this an easy decision. Winning the world cup would be an unbelieveable achievement. Finishing fourth is winning absolutely jack shit so it has to be England for me.

Change the post to Villa winning any trophy and I'd pick Villa every time. Villa is where the heart is and no matter how good it would be to see England win the world cup for me it would never match seeing the captain of Villa with a trophy above his head.

I wont taint the poll with a nonsense vote. It's interesting that Villa being the 3rd loser in the league is more than 3 times more popular than England winning something though. All hail the Champions League !

It would have to be England winning the world cup, as it is a real 'where were you when' moment that you'll tell over and over

where as villa finishing 4th just wouldn't have the same effect on me, if we won the league on the other hand...

This poll for me shows up two things that really get on my nerves:

1. How everyone is being brainwashed into believing that the Champions league is the be all and end all.

2. Finishing fourth is better than winning. Shows why the English as a nation lack that winning menality that let say the aussies have.

Im English & proud, but this is a no contest for me.

If it was Villa fighting relegation in the fizzy pop league Vs England winning the WC

Its Villa EVERY time.

Also regarding England, the media wankfest & plastic fans make me cringe

Not voting in the poll because I think that the CL is a waste of time that is just geared to a few clubs.

I want the Villa to finish as high in the league as possible, but don't regard anything below 1st as a 'win'

I'm English, and I love my country, but do not think that the FA and the England football team are worthy of standing as representatives of my national pride.

Villa all the way. I might well have been born here, but i can't be fussed with England, thats why I follow Scotland due to my family history. At least we know we're cack.

England all the way.

If it was Villa winning the Champions league then it would be villa 100%. But the world cup or the Premiership? I'd take the world cup thank you very much.

I asked my friends this a few months ago, and they all went for England, and thought I was a complete dick for choosing Villa. I spend 11 months of the year hating Terry, Lampard, Gerrard.....why should I like them now?

Youve hit the nail on the head there.....No way can i support a team with rocket polishers like Terry/A. Cole etc.

In fact i dont wish any success to a team that 90% of whom i hate with avengance.

Villa without any question

About time, people that share my views!

Im supporting James Milner & Spain. Viva Espana, Hate England, bunch of rocket polishers.

Id rather Villa win a throw in against Wrexham in the first rounds of the Carlin Cup than England win anything.

About time, people that share my views!

Im supporting James Milner & Spain. Viva Espana, Hate England, bunch of rocket polishers.

Id rather Villa win a throw in against Wrexham in the first rounds of the Carlin Cup than England win anything.

This